What's new

Injustice will be at West Coast Warzone 4 [SoCal, Sept 5-7]

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
There isn't much information out there yet, but thanks to @SimSim we got it confirmed that Injustice WILL be at West Coast Warzone 4.

West Coast Warzone was a pretty big major back in the day, but it's been on hiatus for a while.

This is usually in Orange County (near where SCR was) and the date is set for September 5 - 7 2014, but hopefully more info will be released soon:

http://www.westcoastwarzone.com/

These guys are pretty damn cool, at WCW3 they allowed us to run UMK3 and MKvsDC as main games, which was realllllly generous of them.

Teppelin;191866 said:
Hi folks!

It's been three years, but I'm back with West Coast Warzone! We're returning to the Double Tree hotel in Orange next to the Outlets (what used to be the Block) for what is sure to be another landmark event in SoCal!

For those who were around for the first three Warzones, you know the origin story. I had my start in the FGC when SF4 was released in arcades (read the Kotaku article about it being at Super Arcade/Arcade Infinity) and I decided to check it out. Fell in love with the game and the community. At the time, all the major tournaments were in the east coast. I remember asking a very simple question, "When is the SoCal major?" only to receive the unfortunate answer, "there is no SoCal major." For a region as big and strong as SoCal, that was just not cool and so Warzone came to be. Fast forward a few years, and Level Up's SoCal Regionals was kicking major ass and I got really, really busy with work. We had Marvel 2: Neo vs Clockw0rk at the last Warzone which is still for me the best thing I've ever seen in the FGC, and with that I was able to put up my TO gloves and focus on real life for a bit.

Now, the community is continuously getting bigger and stronger, and SoCal as a region is still growing with new stories and new faces. One SoCal major is not enough and my work life has freed up just enough for me to bring Warzone back. So here we are: we're back!

Official Website: http://www.westcoastwarzone.com - Currently under construction but will be opening this week!

Where: Doubletree Orange - 100 The City Drive, Orange, California 92868
Rooms have been blocked out at $103 per night for those of you who would like to stay close to the action. You can call into the hotel and ask for the Warzone group rate or book your room through the link on our website.
When: Sept. 5 through Sept. 7th 2014
Games: We have eight official games this year with capped registration.
Title (cap) - Console

USF4 (256) - XBox360
MVC3 (256) - XBox360
Super Smash Bros. Melee (256) - Wii/GameCube
Killer Instinct (64) - XBox One
Injustice (128) - Xbox360
BlazBlue:CP (128) - Playstation 3
KOF (64) - Xbox360
Tekken Tag (64) - Playstation 3

Venue Opens: Sept 5th @‌ 12pm

Payment Details:
Venue Fee - $35 (Until August 28th)
Venue Fee - $45 (August 29th - September 2nd)
At the door emergency registration: $60 Venue Fee + Game Entry – We keep online registration open almost just a few days before the event (or until a game hits the cap). We will also be accepting emergency registrations during these times.
Thursday (Sept. 4th): 6pm - 11pm
Friday (Sept. 5th): 12pm - 8pm
We will also be accepting all major credit cards at the venue.

Spectator Fee: $10 for all three days

Game Entry:
Ultra Street Fighter 4 - $15
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - $15
Super Smash Bros. Melee - $15
All other games - $10

Stream Provided By:
Level|Up

I still have some big announcements that will come when we launch the new website this week. I'll be happy to answer any questions here on this thread as well at our Facebook page. I'm very excited to bring back West Coast Warzone and I look forward to seeing you there!

Thanks!
-John Rog

Last edited by a moderator:

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
They finally posted more info on SRK here:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/191866/sept-5-7-2014-west-coast-warzone-4-orange-ca?

Teppelin;191866 said:
Hi folks!

It's been three years, but I'm back with West Coast Warzone! We're returning to the Double Tree hotel in Orange next to the Outlets (what used to be the Block) for what is sure to be another landmark event in SoCal!

For those who were around for the first three Warzones, you know the origin story. I had my start in the FGC when SF4 was released in arcades (read the Kotaku article about it being at Super Arcade/Arcade Infinity) and I decided to check it out. Fell in love with the game and the community. At the time, all the major tournaments were in the east coast. I remember asking a very simple question, "When is the SoCal major?" only to receive the unfortunate answer, "there is no SoCal major." For a region as big and strong as SoCal, that was just not cool and so Warzone came to be. Fast forward a few years, and Level Up's SoCal Regionals was kicking major ass and I got really, really busy with work. We had Marvel 2: Neo vs Clockw0rk at the last Warzone which is still for me the best thing I've ever seen in the FGC, and with that I was able to put up my TO gloves and focus on real life for a bit.

Now, the community is continuously getting bigger and stronger, and SoCal as a region is still growing with new stories and new faces. One SoCal major is not enough and my work life has freed up just enough for me to bring Warzone back. So here we are: we're back!

Official Website: http://www.westcoastwarzone.com - Currently under construction but will be opening this week!

Where: Doubletree Orange - 100 The City Drive, Orange, California 92868
Rooms have been blocked out at $103 per night for those of you who would like to stay close to the action. You can call into the hotel and ask for the Warzone group rate or book your room through the link on our website.
When: Sept. 5 through Sept. 7th 2014
Games: We have eight official games this year with capped registration.
Title (cap) - Console

USF4 (256) - XBox360
MVC3 (256) - XBox360
Super Smash Bros. Melee (256) - Wii/GameCube
Killer Instinct (64) - XBox One
Injustice (128) - Xbox360
BlazBlue:CP (128) - Playstation 3
KOF (64) - Xbox360
Tekken Tag (64) - Playstation 3

Venue Opens: Sept 5th @‌ 12pm

Payment Details:
Venue Fee - $35 (Until August 28th)
Venue Fee - $45 (August 29th - September 2nd)
At the door emergency registration: $60 Venue Fee + Game Entry – We keep online registration open almost just a few days before the event (or until a game hits the cap). We will also be accepting emergency registrations during these times.
Thursday (Sept. 4th): 6pm - 11pm
Friday (Sept. 5th): 12pm - 8pm
We will also be accepting all major credit cards at the venue.

Spectator Fee: $10 for all three days

Game Entry:
Ultra Street Fighter 4 - $15
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - $15
Super Smash Bros. Melee - $15
All other games - $10

Stream Provided By:
Level|Up

I still have some big announcements that will come when we launch the new website this week. I'll be happy to answer any questions here on this thread as well at our Facebook page. I'm very excited to bring back West Coast Warzone and I look forward to seeing you there!

Thanks!
-John Rog

Updated the first post with it.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Ugh, I'll actually be in SoCal for a week but my return flight is on the 2nd. Unfortunate.

Hopefully there will be a WNF the week before that I can attend.

Hey everyone!

Hyped for the Injustice community to be part of West Coast Warzone 4!

We're assisting the event by providing the stream and help spread the word to all gaming communities!

Please feel free to ask any questions and I'll send them to the main organizers - John Rog / Happy Tang.

Find out who's going and all updates here: https://www.facebook.com/events/257189007810782

See you there everyone!