What's new

Injustice tournament rules at EVO 2014

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
Was completing my Evo registration today and held off immediately when I saw this...

Directly from Evo's site: http://evo.shoryuken.com/additional-rules/

INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US

• Game version: US Xbox 360
  • Game Settings: Versus Mode, 2/3 Games
  • If the first stage can’t be decided on between players, then you use the voting system and each player picks a stage, and the game will choose stage one.
  • Loser can re-pick a character, but both players have to revote for stage select if that happens.
  • Loser can opt to pick a stage instead of picking a new character.
The first 2 points of highlighted text I don't agree with, but can/shall be debated since they go hand-in-hand with each other. The third highlighted point? Absolutely not.

Guys, we absolutely must require TOs adjust to our 'official' guidelines as a community. This can run in conjuction with @P2W 's CITR thread: http://testyourmight.com/threads/p2ws-citr.41801/

https://twitter.com/KitanaPrime/statuses/445746272340025344

That's how I feel. Let's make sure we get it right.

Yoaks

A spaceman
It's a shame that stages in NRS games matter so much. Stages should be random at all times and the loser should be able to pick a different character, but keep it random at all times. The loser picking a new character and stage they want is a unfair advantage.
lol Right?! "Oh I lost?! No big deal. I can counter pick AND pick whatever stage I want! opt to change the stage to whatever I want!"Lol you shouldn't be rewarded for losing.

The rule for changing the stage to whatever you want has to be changed! I don't see how the guy's at EVO thought this was a good idea.

Last edited:
I'm sure Mr. Wizard will be all ears on this if we let him know (as far the as stage select rule). Anyone know his account on TYM?

Kitana Prime

I've run the brackets at CEO events since November and this is the ruleset we've been using down in Florida.

3/5
Double random stage select
Button checks are done with the character you are choosing. After button check, hit rematch.
Loser can change character and then stage is double randomed again.
Loser can keep character and elect to double random stage for next match.

Everyone should be familiar with these.

We've had 0 problems with running our tournaments. We've been on-time and even ahead of time at CEO Winterfest. The only "issue" has been waiting for Top 4 to be streamed because @CEO Jebailey runs as many games as realistically possible AND shows love to each scene (streaming Top 4 for EVERY GAME in a one day tourney). Like p2w is pushing for a general tournament standard to be in effect, I've done exactly the same at our regionals. I know for a fact we won't have any problems with tournament standards in Florida come this June. Come to CEO!!

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Why is 3/5 not an option when almost every major up to Evo will be run 3/5? This seems out of place that we will have to go to a previous ruleset.

MrWizard

Evo Master
If 3/5 is absolutely not an option, does that mean the entirety of the tournament?
Is there any possibility of 3/5 for Top 8?
We can definitely look into it, like if the next 3 big tournaments NCR, UFGTX, and CEO are all around 65 minutes, then we can change it, but you have to remember, players at Evo tend to play more defensively since more is on the line.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
We can definitely look into it, like if the next 3 big tournaments NCR, UFGTX, and CEO are all around 65 minutes, then we can change it, but you have to remember, players at Evo tend to play more defensively since more is on the line.
Thanks

Next 3 Majors look to be CW, Ufgt, CEO

NCR tried to scumbag the community honestly but theres no point in getting into that

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Mr Wizard do you think a 3/5 set might actually loosen people up and promote a little more risk in a long set like that?

Kitana Prime

Fair enough. I think Final Round clocked in relatively fast and I'll agree with checking the trend of Top 8 times moving forward.
Thanks for responding quickly. Now, to complete my registration...