What's new

Injustice to Feature: Hazards can be turned off, Challenges, Pushblock, and SF inputs.

trufenix

bye felicia
I hope NRS took note of UMVC3 and found a way to stop that derpy cross over shit only used to confuse blocks. That's the LAMEST style of fighting i've ever seen.

Thank god this game is 1v1 on a 2D plain.
In recent history, crossups (the behavior you're explaining) and vortex (always over your opponents head, making him question which way to block) has been the cornerstone of back to block style play. Its omission is the primary reason why SF fans give MK shit for having a block button as many claim no cross ups means no strategy. Regardless, it has actually been around since the dawn of fighting games, and its not going anywhere.

That said, complaining about cross ups is about as productive as complaining that scorpion gets a free combo after his spear or that Nightwolf's lightning is unblockable. You learn what your opponent can do and adapt, simple as that.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
In recent history, crossups (the behavior you're explaining) and vortex (always over your opponents head, making him question which way to block) has been the cornerstone of back to block style play. Its omission is the primary reason why SF fans give MK shit for having a block button as many claim no cross ups means no strategy. Regardless, it has actually been around since the dawn of fighting games, and its not going anywhere.

That said, complaining about cross ups is about as productive as complaining that scorpion gets a free combo after his spear or that Nightwolf's lightning is unblockable. You learn what your opponent can do and adapt, simple as that.
I mean it's not difficult lol. If someone jumps from your left to your right, you simply hold back to the left(opposite side their on). I was concerned if this would be a issue with some MK players. It brings a new level of mind games.

trufenix

bye felicia
I mean it's not difficult lol. If someone jumps from your left to your right, you simply hold back to the left(opposite side their on). I was concerned if this would be a issue with some MK players. It brings a new level of mind games.
Well, it will definitely present adjustments for a pure MK player, but its not like the SFers will just run roughshod over it. In Street Fighter, when you press back, your character starts to block before the attack even connects, locking you in place and limiting your actions while they could potentially keep moving, which is where a lot of SF4 and SFxTs cross up related silliness comes from.

In Injustice (and Tekken, and DoA, for reference) you don't actually block ie: stop moving, until the strike actually happens. In SF4, many characters rely on that preblock lock to limit their opponents retalation options. Without it in Injustice, we may find it way easier to do dash unders, jump outs, neutral jump anti airs and other anti-cross up techniques even if caught by surprise.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Turning Hazards off was all I needed to know, day 1 purchase confirmed.
I agree I was feeling that the hazards stuff will be a hue annoying gimmick, bt hey I'm game to making it fun and intresting on a single player aspect. IMO the SP asect is one feature that will make or break the game.

trufenix

bye felicia
not that I don't appreciate the option, but I still do not understand the hate for environmental effects. I could see if it was some random uncontrollable DoA / Smash type stuff, but as far as I can tell they're no more random than assists in Marvel or walls in Tekken.

We've seen them combo'd into, and out of, and their uses don't change from match to match, so how can they be any more "broken" than any other move? If anything, I'm worried the "trait" button is going to be a problem, since their effects seem way more dramatic than anything in BB.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Are you talking about how you have to hold back the opposite direction when you get crossed up? If so, I believe that stays the same. It's just hella confusing in MvC with all the crap going on lol.
That's pretty much what I mean. I would have loved that game if it werent for the 3v3 situations causing the blocks to become confused.

I also hated overhead in super fast lows...like Magneto. PLUH

TheSpore

not that I don't appreciate the option, but I still do not understand the hate for environmental effects. I could see if it was some random uncontrollable DoA / Smash type stuff, but as far as I can tell they're no more random than assists in Marvel or walls in Tekken.

We've seen them combo'd into, and out of, and their uses don't change from match to match, so how can they be any more "broken" than any other move? If anything, I'm worried the "trait" button is going to be a problem, since their effects seem way more dramatic than anything in BB.
Well judging NRS' last outing with environmental effects in a FG, I hated the way it was done in MK vs DC, which by its own right was a decent game, but I hated the lil mini games hidden within the main game itself.

@Name v 5.0 : UMvC3 was just a purely broken unbalanced game, that IMO is best left for youngins that like Spider Man and Wolverine. The game is fun yes and it has a decent amount of non-DLC content to enjoy alone and can be fun online or with friends, but overall its a trash heap that is way over the top as far as gameplay and looks go. When I play a FG I want balance, I don't enjoy facing against characters that completly have way more advantage over others and unfortunately that game had that. Some poeple would say this about SF, but they have some balance there though, such as the character Seth, though yes is overpowered still can be stunned easier and has less health than many of the fighter in the game.

Justice

Noob
The only time you'll be able to walk back is when attacks aren't being connected. If attacks are connecting you won't be able to walk backwards because you'll be blocking. Just like you would with a block button. Do you own a Capcom fighting game or Tekken? If so it's exactly like that.
When I read about the Back-To-block mechanics, I understood that it wasn't going to be proximity-based. So if you press Toward, you walk towards your oponent. If you press back, you block. If you want to move backwards, you'll have to back-dash. That was how I understood it when they said "Blocking won't be proximity-based".

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Well judging NRS' last outing with environmental effects in a FG, I hated the way it was done in MK vs DC, which by its own right was a decent game, but I hated the lil mini games hidden within the main game itself.
MKDC's environmental aspects were tame in comparison to MKD/MKA.

In those games, triggering a stage interaction = you won/lost the round.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
When I read about the Back-To-block mechanics, I understood that it wasn't going to be proximity-based. So if you press Toward, you walk towards your oponent. If you press back, you block. If you want to move backwards, you'll have to back-dash. That was how I understood it when they said "Blocking won't be proximity-based".
I never heard of that before. Link me?

trufenix

bye felicia
They made some pretty fucking stupid decisions regarding the environmental stuff in MKvDC, mostly because you had no choice in using them (stand too close to a wall and its on) and even if you didn't press any buttons you could still be countered and loose 35% of your health. For doing absolutely nothing wrong. That's retarded.

Injustice seems to have a much more mature attitude to that sort of stuff in that the transitions are linked to a specific power blow attack, and environmental events have their own dedicated button.

TheSpore

They made some pretty fucking stupid decisions regarding the environmental stuff in MKvDC, mostly because you had no choice in using them (stand too close to a wall and its on) and even if you didn't press any buttons you could still be countered and loose 35% of your health. For doing absolutely nothing wrong. That's retarded.

Injustice seems to have a much more mature attitude to that sort of stuff in that the transitions are linked to a specific power blow attack, and environmental events have their own dedicated button.
It just depends on how gimmicky the effects feel, if seamlessly flows with a match it will be good.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
which is where a lot of SF4 and SFxTs cross up related silliness comes from.
Wrong.

It has to do with hitboxes in certain frames in those particular games. SFIV is a larger offender of this, whereas SFxT has very few instances where hard-to-blockables occur.

Also, TheSpore, Seth is still among the top 5 characters in the game. And people bitch about Cammy constantly lol. UMvC3 is a sandbox game...the balance isn't solely determined by one particular character, because you could have an assist that helps out in that particular matchup. The only time 1v1 character balance comes into play is when there is only 1 character on each side. And so many characters have dumb shit, and the combinations are near-endless, you can come up with some absolutely ridiculous stuff that basically 99% of the community will have never experienced.

TheSpore

Wrong.

It has to do with hitboxes in certain frames in those particular games. SFIV is a larger offender of this, whereas SFxT has very few instances where hard-to-blockables occur.

Also, TheSpore, Seth is still among the top 5 characters in the game. And people bitch about Cammy constantly lol. UMvC3 is a sandbox game...the balance isn't solely determined by one particular character, because you could have an assist that helps out in that particular matchup. The only time 1v1 character balance comes into play is when there is only 1 character on each side. And so many characters have dumb shit, and the combinations are near-endless, you can come up with some absolutely ridiculous stuff that basically 99% of the community will have never experienced.
That is why I keep UMvC3 as a casual game only, I would ever even consider tourny play with it. Now I never said Seth wasa bad Character BTW, he is highly to tier, I was just mentioning how the balance works for the game.