What's new

Injustice to Feature: Hazards can be turned off, Challenges, Pushblock, and SF inputs.

Urichinan

@Urichinan
Bursts are essentially a combo breaker that isn't 100% safe.
Bursts also can only be done when you have a Burst icon. In BBCSE you start the first round with 1 Burst and if you lose the first round you gain a second one. Once you've used both Bursts you can't do them anymore.

In P4U and GG Bursts will recover themselves over time, and you can use them again, though they have other uses aside from being combo breakers.

Bursts in BB, P4U and GG are nothing like Pushblocking at all. Though BB and GG do have Barrier Guard and Faultless Defense which will slowly push the character back the more they do moves, though it's not a single push like with Pushblock, but rather increasing the pushback on each move's hitstun.

Injustice seems to be going for a mix of both GG and Marvel's systems, with it taking meter to use like in GG, but being a single push like in Marvel.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Namco whore their series out with numerous releases but at least they actually call it a different number and try and do something new each time. I still cant wrap my head round the CoD morons that rush out to buy, what is essentially, an expensive expansion pack of the same game, released once a year.
I never quite understood the CoD craze either, makes no sense to spend 60 bucks for a new map pack, also Namco has done well, because they have cared for the fans and understand what they hate (except the half ass done Soul Calibur V). Namco has understood how to use DLC effectivly and how to avoid many of the bad practices happeneing today with it. Lately the phrase DLC has become something of a dirty word and depending on the publisher mentioned along side it opens the flood gates of criticism form the gamers themselves. I know poeple including myself who refuse to buy certain games due to it having anything to do with any of these companies, I know I steer clear of almost every Capcom, EA, and Acti/Blizz title now a days.

Seapeople

This one's for you
This game keeps looking better and better. NRS seems to have really done their work to fix all kinds of problems from MK9 and then some. The choice between MK and SF controls is an amazing idea.
Can't wait til April :)

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I noticed how facking faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast Flash's backdash is.... It makes sense since he can circle the earth in a blink of an eye.. But mannnnn Its gonna be super hard to try and walk up on him with pressure...

Flagg

Noob
I never quite understood the CoD craze either, makes no sense to spend 60 bucks for a new map pack, also Namco has done well, because they have cared for the fans and understand what they hate (except the half ass done Soul Calibur V). Namco has understood how to use DLC effectivly and how to avoid many of the bad practices happeneing today with it. Lately the phrase DLC has become something of a dirty word and depending on the publisher mentioned along side it opens the flood gates of criticism form the gamers themselves. I know poeple including myself who refuse to buy certain games due to it having anything to do with any of these companies, I know I steer clear of almost every Capcom, EA, and Acti/Blizz title now a days.
I agree with all of this. Take Dawn of War. They released expansion packs. I was completely fine with stuff like that because it is stuff that was made later for the series, not stuff they made from day 1. The expansion packs also balanced the game, introduced new vehicles, new troops, new weapons, new races, new maps and so forth. What I hate is DLC that isn't download content anymore, it's DISC LOCKED CONTENT. It's like ordering a Big Mac Meal, and not being able open the packet sauces, and the cashier tells you "well, we know its on your tray, but for an extra dollar, we'll open it for you! :D" even though you already own it...

I havent purchased a Capcom game since SSF IV. It's a shame because they were one of my favourite companies at one point.

NRS did it the right way. The characters were quite cheap and a LOT of the DLC was free (costumes). Im pretty sure Capcom charge for things like that as well. Completely shameless...

TheSpore

I agree with all of this. Take Dawn of War. They released expansion packs. I was completely fine with stuff like that because it is stuff that was made later for the series, not stuff they made from day 1. The expansion packs also balanced the game, introduced new vehicles, new troops, new weapons, new races, new maps and so forth. What I hate is DLC that isn't download content anymore, it's DISC LOCKED CONTENT. It's like ordering a Big Mac Meal, and not being able open the packet sauces, and the cashier tells you "well, we know its on your tray, but for an extra dollar, we'll open it for you! :D" even though you already own it...

I havent purchased a Capcom game since SSF IV. It's a shame because they were one of my favourite companies at one point.

NRS did it the right way. The characters were quite cheap and a LOT of the DLC was free (costumes). Im pretty sure Capcom charge for things like that as well. Completely shameless...
SFxT was the nail in the coffin for me and Capcom, until I bought that game I was oblivious to their practices, prior I may have purchased one DLC pack for SSFIV, I was just appalled when I found out about the DLC that honestly I may have only played the game a few times and never even touched it since( I think my son will play here and then, but he is too young to even figure it out). The DLC and DRM crud is getting out of hand though the new Sim City will be always online for even single player, Blizz is paying for their stupid greed mistakes, and the next Dead Space 3 is gonna be all about pay 2 win BS. The on Disc DLC is becoming less apparent lately though, Capcom has been evaluating the praticed, but instead on on disc DLC its just becoming day 1 DLC. I was happy with NRS' apporach to it though much of it was free and each char. was reasonably priced and the only on disc stuff was the some of the retro costumes that were really on let out due to a popular demand.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Yea I gave up on Capcom after they released SSFIV not long after vanilla. I did succumb and purchase AE just because I no longer owned a copy of the game and missed bodying Ryu's with Blanka lol.

TheSpore

Yea I gave up on Capcom after they released SSFIV not long after vanilla. I did succumb and purchase AE just because I no longer owned a copy of the game and missed bodying Ryu's with Blanka lol.
Well thats what made your purchase justifiable you no longer had your original copy of the game, whould do the same myself, but since I actually SSFIV I am not about shell extra for on disc DLC nor the AE.

Im pretty sure Capcom charge for things like that as well. Completely shameless...
Buying their game 'Street Fighter X Tekken' would cost you around 140$, if you want to have it full (the game, maybe the special edition with the extra gems, extra gems from the store, the extra costumes, characters ...
In Germany it costs 140€, which is even more than just 140$.

I didn't purchase a Cashcom game after UMVC3, which I only bought because I bought my X-Box 360 one month before the game came out, so getting it for 40€ was a good deal, since I didn't buy the first one.

I'm willing to buy GOOD Crapcom games, but only used. I'm not supporting these pigs with my money, that I have to work hard for.

TheSpore

Buying their game 'Street Fighter X Tekken' would cost you around 140$, if you want to have it full (the game, maybe the special edition with the extra gems, extra gems from the store, the extra costumes, characters ...
In Germany it costs 140€, which is even more than just 140$.

I didn't purchase a Cashcom game after UMVC3, which I only bought because I bought my X-Box 360 one month before the game came out, so getting it for 40€ was a good deal, since I didn't buy the first one.

I'm willing to buy GOOD Crapcom games, but only used. I'm not supporting these pigs with my money, that I have to work hard for.
I just in general will not buy anything with their name on it now. I am still very sour over SFxT for having so much on disc DLC. I have yet to purchase any of it, except what they gave away for free, because I will give them nothing, but take everything...

because I will give them nothing, but take everything...
I actually downloaded the PC version of SFxT to check it out and deleted it 2 days after because it was just that damn boring as a fighting game.
It's a shame to see that game performing somewhat better than MK9 in the competetive scene.

Dem Crapcom fanbois ...

I really hope that Injustice will turn the tables and that more people will be into it, especially with FilipinoChamp and Fanatiq talking about it.
It's a shame that it's not on the upcoming EVO, but I do understand the decision. Simply not enough time.
I'm looking forward to other tournaments though, which will feature Injustice for sure.

TheSpore

I actually downloaded the PC version of SFxT to check it out and deleted it 2 days after because it was just that damn boring as a fighting game.
It's a shame to see that game performing somewhat better than MK9 in the competetive scene.

Dem Crapcom fanbois ...

I really hope that Injustice will turn the tables and that more people will be into it, especially with FilipinoChamp and Fanatiq talking about it.
It's a shame that it's not on the upcoming EVO, but I do understand the decision. Simply not enough time.
I'm looking forward to other tournaments though, which will feature Injustice for sure.
I as well am hoping that Injustice catches on not only to show Ca$hcom how its done, but that a superhero fighting game can live up to high standards alongside the current reigning champs out there.

As for SFxT, I liked the game actually, its mechanics were good and smooth, but that gem system gimmck was horrid and unbalancing and they didn't even allow one the option of turning the feature off either, also what was with the set one button combos for it that just made tarnished the competitive side of it completly. What I find funny is when I started to research tournys I would read the rules for SFxT and my god there are so many restrictions on it when one plays in the tourny, where as MK9 has almost none.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Still confused :S How would the game know if you wanted to block or walk backwards?
The only time you'll be able to walk back is when attacks aren't being connected. If attacks are connecting you won't be able to walk backwards because you'll be blocking. Just like you would with a block button. Do you own a Capcom fighting game or Tekken? If so it's exactly like that.

TheSpore

Still confused :S How would the game know if you wanted to block or walk backwards?
Just as it has been explained, if you are wlking back when the opponent swings at you you will then block, its exactly like when you play SF or Tekken, hell I think util MK came along it was like the gold standard for FGs when it comes to blocking.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I hope NRS took note of UMVC3 and found a way to stop that derpy cross over shit only used to confuse blocks. That's the LAMEST style of fighting i've ever seen.

Thank god this game is 1v1 on a 2D plain.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I hope NRS took note of UMVC3 and found a way to stop that derpy cross over shit only used to confuse blocks. That's the LAMEST style of fighting i've ever seen.

Thank god this game is 1v1 on a 2D plain.
Are you talking about how you have to hold back the opposite direction when you get crossed up? If so, I believe that stays the same. It's just hella confusing in MvC with all the crap going on lol.