What's new

Injustice Theater Mode?

Would you want a Theater Mode in Injustice?

• Yes

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
Never gave it much thought until ROEBOTRON mentioned it to me. I think a theater mode would be a great feature to add to Injustice's list of great features. This is becoming the norm in fighting games, and plenty of them offer this feature.

Theater Mode:
- Automatically or manually record online/versus matches.
- Play, pause, stop, fast forward(x4, x8, x16), rewind(x4, x8, x16); Similar to Halo formula.
- It makes it easier for the YouTube guys in most cases! (I'm one of them lol)
- Critique your matches and see your errors, so you can get better faster.
- Look at high level player's matches to steal tech lol.

This would be great to have in Injustice, but I wouldn't be upset if it was left out. What do you guy think?

SLy

Noob
I doubt it. But it would be awesome. If anything I would want a more detailed Leaderboard.. MK Leaderboard was too vague.
I want to know who is doing the best with each character and etc.

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
Theater mode would be awesome. It would help with leveling up a lot. Definitely would be a great feature that I hope is in!

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Did they reveal lobby options yet? It'd be nice to set up a weekly TYM lobby and stream it. I'd like to know the lobby size limits and how spectator works though if its there. In UMVC3 we did this a lot and it was awesome watching the online streams of the forum going at it. Got a lot of good feedback to level up with that way as well.

trufenix

bye felicia
I got really hype when they first started showing those MK9 vids with funky camera angles that htey were going to include some sort of machinima enabling record mode, or at least a DoA style watch mode where you can just dick with the camera while you watch guys fight. It seemed like if they could get it going for all their trailers and pre-release material, they would just slap it in the game.

It always struck me as crazy that the offhand fighters like Bloody Roar and SFEX could include such easy extra features to extend single player, while the big boys can barely put together a decent endless vs. cpu mode.

Did they reveal lobby options yet? It'd be nice to set up a weekly TYM lobby and stream it. I'd like to know the lobby size limits and how spectator works though if its there. In UMVC3 we did this a lot and it was awesome watching the online streams of the forum going at it. Got a lot of good feedback to level up with that way as well.
We play in a weekly stream for SSF4. I always get my ass kicked, but I hate sf4 at this point anyway lol.

Hopefully they have an online replay mode similar to that of TTT2. That way you can search the top-ranked players, either by rank or by character, and watch their matches.

Not only great for youtubers, but it's nice to be able to see high-level online play, as well as watch your friends' matches. While I don't doubt NRS is stepping their online game up, I don't think it'll compare to that of TTT2 just yet.

Hopefully they have an online replay mode similar to that of TTT2. That way you can search the top-ranked players, either by rank or by character, and watch their matches.

Not only great for youtubers, but it's nice to be able to see high-level online play, as well as watch your friends' matches. While I don't doubt NRS is stepping their online game up, I don't think it'll compare to that of TTT2 just yet.
I'll be happy with a very simple version. Virtua Fighter 5 probably has the most simple theater mode of any figting game to date.

insignis

Noob

we had a little Q&A before Christmas with Adam Urbano and we asked about replays. The reply was quite vague...
He answered that they focused on the new features for King of the Hill. They discussed replays and have technology but wanted to focus on live events and letting people watch it to create valid online community.