What's new

Injustice - Paris Manga footage by Team Finish Him featuring matches, their thoughts and more!

C-Sword

Noob
So when you'll play it for the first time you'll spam jumping & won't even bother looking at the combo list? They didn't even seem to be fighting gamers..
How can they look at the combo list? It's a tournament, they're being filmed, are they supposed to ask the commentator to wait, so they can look at the list? They're only jumping, cause they're aware that their opponents don't know how to AA them yet and they're not used to the huge stages. Some of them are members of the Finish-Him forum, I guess that they must be terrible at MK as well.

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
How do you guys feel about this game not having NJP?
As far as I can tell, almost every character has a launcher from bnb strings anyway. You can still pressure with neutral jumps like you could in MK, and you can hit confirm into a launcher so it's not really a big deal.

Really hyped for this game though, can't wait!

C-Sword

Noob
A ducking Catwoman will whiff punish the hell out of you
Her whip can be used to keep the opponents away and as a combo ender
She doesn't seem to have any projectiles

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
Catwoman's whip sweep, if I'm seeing it right, has a nice reach.

That Cyborg combo that ended in an upwards fist that knocked the Catwoman back/in a crouching can be cancelled from the last hit (he cancelled into the tackle). Seems nice for getting some missile setups. Something like cancel into far missile and dash into air projectile/tackle, etc.

As much as I appreciate these videos, I think at this point in time there is no need to dissect anything from them. considering it's a 5 month old build and also the fact that we will be getting new videos from the supposed close to finished product within the next 10 weeks, I think these are just better used to se ehow the flow of the game is.

finally, finaaaally superman wins againts batman in this game, in the second and third matches he looked a little good

Reactions: RYX

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Cyborg has a weird string, it knocks them away from him, but it doesn't knock them down, instead they like land in a crouching position for a moment, it looks to deny them wakeup options, well still knocking them away, so you could maybe do a missile setup from it?
They showed what looked to be an inescapable setup the very first time they showed cyborg. It was vs. the flash and that string staggered them away from him while he set up a ground missle. I'm sure it IS escape able and they were just trying to troll though. Well...maybe. lol I'll see if I can find it. Ed boon was narrating as well.

Edit: Found it. 9:15. Also it looks like it is definitely escape able though.

Tang94

Confirmed Seeker
Since this is an old build, my comment may be irrelevant, but here goes anyway:
I've loved everything I've seen about the game so far, but I think that, at least for competitive play, there should be a round system. If someone gets a significant life-lead, it's gonna put the opponent at a ridiculous disadvantage. "Only a real master," indeed.
Admittedly, I don't have any experience with fighting games that only use one life bar with no rounds (though I don't really know any off hand), so maybe that's something that has to be developed on a fundamental level?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Since this is an old build, my comment may be irrelevant, but here goes anyway:
I've loved everything I've seen about the game so far, but I think that, at least for competitive play, there should be a round system. If someone gets a significant life-lead, it's gonna put the opponent at a ridiculous disadvantage. "Only a real master," indeed.
Admittedly, I don't have any experience with fighting games that only use one life bar with no rounds (though I don't really know any off hand), so maybe that's something that has to be developed on a fundamental level?

Killer instinct and Vampire Savior/Darkstalkers do it, and it's worked fine in the past.

Also I guess technically those DBZ games, Budokai 3 was kinda competitive and it worked fine there.

Tang94

Confirmed Seeker
Killer instinct and Vampire Savior/Darkstalkers do it, and it's worked fine in the past.

Also I guess technically those DBZ games, Budokai 3 was kinda competitive and it worked fine there.
Totally forgot about KI, so thanks for the reminder. But yeah, it's just something I'll have to get used to.

JJocelot

Don't give up!
KI was the shit man, good ole' Fulgore's Ultra Combo, I use to be able to do that with my hands behind my back lol.
I was all about Riptor back in the day. Nuthin beats piloting a freaking dinosaur and ripping into folk with it.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Combos are similar to those in MK, but cross-ups feel more like SF
Superman is powerful, but slow
Batman is probably top tier, quite technical
Grundy is hard to play with, extremely slow, difficult to get in
Harley Quinn is super fun to play with, her fans will be pleased
Flash is way too easy to play with, TOP TIER
Catwoman reminds them of Mileena with Reptile's dash
Cyborg is Liu Kang, Jax and Sektor put together

edit: someone else did the translation already
You went slightly more in depth tho, still good