What's new

Injustice Online Tourney Brainstorm/Signup Extravaganza!

SoapBar

My pussy, my rules
Title is mostly self-explanatory; I'm trying to organize an online tournament for Injustice, which will kick off starting on July 15th. I plan on keeping a "relaxed schedule" in concerns to the matches, as there will be no definitive end date for this thing. This will hopefully give contestants with unfavorable work/school schedules a chance to still compete. Aside from the start date, strict adherence to any sort of timeline is not needed. The tourney will be double-elimination.

As far as rules and regulations are concerned, I thought we'd put it to a vote. Let the community custom-tailor this to the way they want it, eh? Some things to consider:

1). Character/Stage bans (if any?)
2). Stage picking procedure (random-random/random-loser picks/?)
3). Set limits (Best of 3/5/?)
4). Seeding? No seeding?

All you need to do is post your opinions on the above-mentioned points (and any you feel I might have missed), as well as whether or not you'd like to participate. Signups will close off in about 4-5 days, after which I'll make another thread with the "general consensus" rules and brackets included.

Some very generous TYMers ( DragonPick, -LD50- & Killphil) have offered a combined $60 to go to the winner.:)

1). Lexithanius (Lexithanius)
2). SoundsLikePAUSE (NRF_SoundsLikeII)
3). PANDA (CaliburPANDA)
4). SidTheHaze (boyfromheaven)
5). Cossner (Cossner)
6). Tan (EMPRESS_QUINN)
7). Li1mightymouse (super-squishii)
8). -LD50- (a_kaplan)
9). Impractical Joker (O_O-_-_-_-_-_-3)
10). thecure13 (rollingandy13)
11). Zatoichi (Ketsueki_Wolf)
12). Mistah iiCeMan (ADTR115)
13). Dr Morganstien (Dr_Morganstien)
14). rurounikenshin (seas_of_the_sun)
15). imblackjames (imblackjames)
16). Chongo (Hi_Im_Free)
17). xRozayMcTang187x (xRozayMcTang187x)

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
I'm in if we're doing PS3. NRF_SoundsLikeII Whatever rules are, doesn't matter to me. Though I think best of 3 is better than best of 5. But, that's my opinion.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I think stages choices should always be random, it's why NRS included that feature after all.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
July 11th is the evo weekend right?

Im interested but if its the evo weekend i wont be here so i guess i'll pass till the next one

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
well if its for ps3 then psn: boyfromheaven i think the games should be 3/5 the less matches, the shorter the time they have to adapt to my flash mix-ups MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Right before Evo? That's cray cray. Unless you run it all in 1 day. But it's online so I don't know. Sign me up anyway.

1). No bans.
2). Random all.
3). Best of 5
4). No seeding.

SoapBar

My pussy, my rules
During Evo? That's cray cray. Unless you run it all in 1 day. But it's online so I don't know. Sign me up anyway.
Well, it starts a day before, and I plan on just keeping it up until it's over. If not many sets are completed until after Evo, that's fine.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Well, it starts a day before, and I plan on just keeping it up until it's over. If not many sets are completed until after Evo, that's fine.
Sometimes they start streaming casuals at hotels and stuff the day before. You should get someone to stream it :p

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
Shamefully, this wonderful idea of NRS making separated region servers doesn't allow me to play this.

-LD50-

In a relationship with Killer Frost
You should do this on another day :3 some of us are flying to evo or preparing to do so on the 11th

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
Yes!!! Sign me up! Lexithanius

PSN: EMPRESS_QUINN

MY OPINION:
1). Character/Stage bans (NONE)
2). Stage picking procedure (random-random)
3). Set limits (Best of 3/5)
4). No seeding

SoapBar

My pussy, my rules
You know what? You're right. Moving it to after Evo would make more sense. I was considering just making a separate pool for those who wouldn't be able to play right away for Evo-related reasons, but that's just making things unnecessarily complicated. Start date is pushed back to the 15th.

Updating OP now.:)

Ill participate, I forget my exact gamer tag so I'll check when I get home but I'm pretty sure it's O_O-_-_-_-_-_-3
I know it's a weird ass gamertag