What's new

Injustice Coolness Tier List

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
For the record, Aquaman is a fucking badass. Anyone saying otherwise clearly has no clue about the character.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
I do not approve of Harley's placing. Not only is a gymnast she's a fucking doctor, also one of the hottest females in the DC universe, carries around a big ass mallet and has two...I repeat two pet hyenas.

Coolest walk animation and best round winning quotes. I do not approve of this list. /thread
Ok, first of all, she's not even a real Dr., she just fucked her way to the top. I can think of 20 DC chicks way hotter than Harley.

Also, come on, she's annoying af.

Shaazzyam

You think Superman is exciting? You are the wrong one here
Christopher Reeves? Superman Red Son? All-Star Superman? Kingdom Come? Earth One Superman?? For the Man Who has Everything?I could go on forever. Even the Inj comic Superman is interesting.

The problem with Superman is people, and Hollywood, don't know how to present conflict for Superman because 'LOL, NOTHING CAN HURT HIM AND HE'S SUCH A NICE GUY.' And that goes against the nature of comic-book stories because the medium has moved onto everyone having tragic backstories and shit lives since that's more relatable. But if you look deeper, you'll find Superman to be interesting in his own way. The best Superman storylines are the ones which focus on the human elements of Superman, not where he is flying to Krypton or comics from the 60's with him pulling galaxies with chains or whatever.

Talk to me when Harley Quinn becomes a cultural icon recognized all over the world.

Last edited:

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Mocking the Killer Frost community is getting too mainstream. I'd only put Killer Frost in F-tier for coolness because of how you have to play with her or rather not play with her because you'll be sitting there watching your opponent do whatever they want
Nah, she's still the coolest character in IGAU. In a sense, that's it.

Ok, first of all, she's not even a real Dr., she just fucked her way to the top. I can think of 20 DC chicks way hotter than Harley.

Also, come on, she's annoying af.
...also, not everyone is into psychos. Not that it shows in IGAU though.

*stuff on Supes*
Man, just chill.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Christopher Reeves? Superman Red Son? All-Star Superman? Kingdom Come? Earth One Superman?? For the Man Who has Everything?I could go on forever. Even the Inj comic Superman is interesting.

The problem with Superman is people, and Hollywood, don't know how to present conflict for Superman because 'LOL, NOTHING CAN HURT HIM AND HE'S SUCH A NICE GUY.' And that goes against the nature of comic-book stories because the medium has moved onto everyone having tragic backstories and shit lives since that's more relatable. But if you look deeper, you'll find Superman to be interesting in his own way. The best Superman storylines are the ones which focus on the human elements of Superman, not where he is flying to Krypton or comics from the 60's with him pulling galaxies with chains or whatever.

Talk to me when Harley Quinn becomes a cultural icon recognized all over the world.
:eek:

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King

The Superman lore fails because he isn't a relatable character. That goes for all "Metahumans" IMO. The characters without powers such as Harley, GA, and of course Batman(being the biggest and most popular) are the ones people feel they can relate to. Harley being a woman in an abusive relationship, but refuses to leave for either fear of being harmed in a worst way or because she is blinded by her love. Bruce watching his parents killed before his eyes, tormented every minute of his life for feeling that he was too weak to prevent it from happening, dedicating his life to become "stronger" to prevent tradegy like this from happening to him or anyone else for that matter. Albeit causing him to even be as mentally unstable as Joker himself. As you stated above, it's the human elements that shine through to a reader making that character "interesting".

Big media fails to show these traits within Superman.. and they market him as this boring character that can do anything. The only instance in which his true humanity is shown is during the Smallville series where we get to see Clark actually be one of us.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I made a 4 sentence post on Superman. You chill.

I mean, you either get Superman or you don't. But yeah, man. He's an avatar of responsibility and earnestness. Which isn't sexy, sure, but it's inspiring.

I think Superman is still the best superhero ever put to paper ever.
I'm not gonna argue with you on that, even though I find Superman to be boring he is the best put to paper. His name alone sells millions. My problem with him is he is just too powerful, but this is a bias due to the fact I can't stand main characters like him. Naruto, Ichigo, any shonen character for that matter. Once you deviate from the path of your hero to try and make him cooler by giving him more power, then you have already lost me.

Shaazzyam

The Superman lore fails because he isn't a relatable character. That goes for all "Metahumans" IMO. The characters without powers such as Harley, GA, and of course Batman(being the biggest and most popular) are the ones people feel they can relate to. Harley being a woman in an abusive relationship, but refuses to leave for either fear of being harmed in a worst way or because she is blinded by her love. Bruce watching his parents killed before his eyes, tormented every minute of his life for feeling that he was too weak to prevent it from happening, dedicating his life to become "stronger" to prevent tradegy like this from happening to him or anyone else for that matter. Albeit causing him to even be as mentally unstable as Joker himself. As you stated above, it's the human elements that shine through to a reader making that character "interesting".

Big media fails to show these traits within Superman.. and they market him as this boring character that can do anything. The only instance in which his true humanity is shown is during the Smallville series where we get to see Clark actually be one of us.
See, but if you read any of his mythos in the first place, you could understand how you're wrong on so many levels.

He's a majorly powerfu alien, but he was raised by two loving humans and treated him as such. He grew up as a Kryptionian, an ultra-immigrant, who just wants to fit in. Yes, Superman is nearly indestructible. But everyone and everything he cares about isn't. Superman's struggle is to protect those fragile people and things he values, to avoid becoming a despot with his powers, and to live with the immense guilt of his failures and limitations. He can hear and see people all over the world calling out for help, dying in pain from war and famine and natural disasters, and even he with all of his power can't save everyone. Superman's struggle is to remain humble, strong, and good when lesser people would be twisted by the circumstances into a villain or lunatic.

The best thing about Superman is that he's so zen. Dude's one of the only superheroes who's got his shit together more often than not. He's challenging the gods and demons of deep space for the sake of the planet on a regular basis, but still finds time to hold down a job and spend time with his wife? Yeah, he's the man. I don't want to be Batman or Iron Man or Spider-Man. They're all supremely fucked up and don't seem like they're really that interested in getting better. Superman is one of the only superheroes encouraging you to become more, yourself, than you currently are.

That's what I want to be. The sort of man who would never give up on his friends or do less than the best he can in whatever horrible situation he finds himself in. To be kind and understanding to strangers. To give people second chances. I want to help other people to find hope and joy in their own lives. I want to inspire and teach. And I don't ever want to give even one flying fuck what people think of me for wanting those things. Superman is an idea, he's supposed to serve as abeacon of hope for humanity. Try following that path of his and you realize how much depth he has as a persona.

Shaazzyam

I'm not gonna argue with you on that, even though I find Superman to be boring he is the best put to paper. His name alone sells millions. My problem with him is he is just too powerful, but this is a bias due to the fact I can't stand main characters like him. Naruto, Ichigo, any shonen character for that matter. Once you deviate from the path of your hero to try and make him cooler by giving him more power, then you have already lost me.
Naruto is a fucking cartoon numbskull that I can't relate to at all. Superman has a life outside of throwing robots into the sun and leaping tall buildings or "training to be the strongest" or whatever the hell motivates Naruto. Dreams, ambitions, and beliefs beyond honing his strength or getting revenge. That lesser stuff is just a power fantasy. Superman transcends merely being a tough guy who fights. He really is an aspirational and uniquely American figure. Believe it, breh.

You should give him a legit chance and start with All-Star Superman or Kingdom Come.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
See, but if you read any of his mythos in the first place, you could understand how you're wrong on so many levels.

He's a majorly powerfu alien, but he was raised by two loving humans and treated him as such. He grew up as a Kryptionian, an ultra-immigrant, who just wants to fit in. Yes, Superman is nearly indestructible. But everyone and everything he cares about isn't. Superman's struggle is to protect those fragile people and things he values, to avoid becoming a despot with his powers, and to live with the immense guilt of his failures and limitations. He can hear and see people all over the world calling out for help, dying in pain from war and famine and natural disasters, and even he with all of his power can't save everyone. Superman's struggle is to remain humble, strong, and good when lesser people would be twisted by the circumstances into a villain or lunatic.

The best thing about Superman is that he's so zen. Dude's one of the only superheroes who's got his shit together more often than not. He's challenging the gods and demons of deep space for the sake of the planet on a regular basis, but still finds time to hold down a job and spend time with his wife? Yeah, he's the man. I don't want to be Batman or Iron Man or Spider-Man. They're all supremely fucked up and don't seem like they're really that interested in getting better. Superman is one of the only superheroes encouraging you to become more, yourself, than you currently are.

That's what I want to be. The sort of man who would never give up on his friends or do less than the best he can in whatever horrible situation he finds himself in. To be kind and understanding to strangers. To give people second chances. I want to help other people to find hope and joy in their own lives. I want to inspire and teach. And I don't ever want to give even one flying fuck what people think of me for wanting those things. Superman is an idea, he's supposed to serve as abeacon of hope for humanity. Try following that path of his and you realize how much depth he has as a persona.
That's arguably the point where the "base breaks". As you've said in your posts ITT, interesting stuff about character lies mostly where his defining traits (ones that make him Superman and recognizable media figure in the first place) don't matter. To an extent that's the problem with many if not all superheroes - to some people they are partially about fantasy action and wish fulfillment, partially about character, and they're cool with it, liking one of those or both. Other people can see the first part getting in the way of the second one, making superpowered characters a liability to their perception.

It's more complicated than that ofc. For one, supernatural powers may actually make story more plausible (eh... you know what I mean...) and were used by creators as a plot device to compress the narrative and focus on some point they wanted to make probably since the very beginning of fiction as a concept. Another big one is that even characters with somewhat "realistic" backgrounds may get involved in highly implausible (and I don't mean "unrealistic" here) story, but I'm afraid I'm opening a huge can of worms here ("You should pick another genre"; "it's acceptable premise for fiction"; "depends on quality of writing" etc.). So basically there's that.

Last edited:

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Naruto is a fucking cartoon numbskull that I can't relate to at all. Superman has a life outside of throwing robots into the sun and leaping tall buildings or "training to be the strongest" or whatever the hell motivates Naruto. Dreams, ambitions, and beliefs beyond honing his strength or getting revenge. That lesser stuff is just a power fantasy. Superman transcends merely being a tough guy who fights. He really is an aspirational and uniquely American figure. Believe it, breh.

You should give him a legit chance and start with All-Star Superman or Kingdom Come.
I've watched All-Star Superman and only heard good things about Kingdom Come. I shall look deeper into Supes though...and try to find out more about the man beyond the cape.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I've watched All-Star Superman and only heard good things about Kingdom Come. I shall look deeper into Supes though...and try to find out more about the man beyond the cape.
#1 kingdom come is tight

#2 I've never really understood the relatability thing. Just personally, I don't think it's make or break for me if a comic is good based on whether I can relate to supes or batman. (For the record, I relate to neither)

Shaazzyam

The animated movie for All-Star Superman was alright, but the graphic novel is infinitely better.

Read that and then come play my Stun Monarch deck.

Last edited: