What's new

Injustice at East Coast Throwdown 2014 Will Be 3/5

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I have just received wonderful news courtesy of TYM's own Traitless Raven Riazy. Due to the success of Civil War VI, the ECT staff has decided to make Injustice 3/5 in its entirety. This is a breath of fresh air for the East Coast community that did not attend Civil War and cannot attend UFGT, as it will be their first opportunity to showcase their skills with this format. More details can be found here:

http://ecthrowdown.com/injustice-tournament-to-be-35-at-ect2014/

In other news, there is currently no dedicated Injustice stream for pools due to lack of bandwidth. This is not set in stone, however, I would like to mobilize plans of action in case this is the scenario.

• Contact @Sabin to stream since he's always prepared with a 4G card.
  • Reach out to organizers(LI Joe, and @SweetJohnnyCage ) and see if we could get about 3 hours of pools on the Sp00ky stream.
  • Ask @flipkev to lend his 4G card and reimburse him for overages.
Update: @SweetJohnnyCage will be testing 4G cards to see if they're sufficient for streaming the event. If not, Injustice will get adequate stream time on DeadlyBison and/or TeamSpooky.

Don't worry, we're not going to put 10 hours of Marvel and 60 minutes of Injustice. It'll be balanced with everything else.

Attachments

Last edited:

flipkev

Tank Top Guy
I have just received wonderful news courtesy of TYM's own Traitless Raven Riazy. Due to the success of Civil War VI, the ECT staff has decided to make Injustice 3/5 in its entirety. This is a breath of fresh air for the East Coast community that did not attend Civil War and cannot attend UFGT, as this will be their first opportunity to showcase their skills with this format. More details can be found here:

http://ecthrowdown.com/injustice-tournament-to-be-35-at-ect2014/

In other news, there is currently no dedicated Injustice stream for pools due to lack of bandwidth. This is not set in stone, however, I would like to mobilize plans of action in case this is the scenario.

• Contact @Sabin to stream since he's always prepared with a 4G card.
  • Reach out to organizers(LI Joe, and @SweetJohnnyCage ) and see if we could get about 3 hours of pools on the Sp00ky stream.
  • Ask @flipkev to lend his 4G card and reimburse him for overages.
Update from Shock:
I will bring my stream setup and 4G card loaded just in case and absolute worst case I can't make it I'll give my 4G card to one of my locals who will go.

pherleece

Woolay
From what I heard it doesnt matter if we bring 10 4g cards and 10 stream set ups. The TOs said 2 streams and thats it.

@SweetJohnnyCage if you could explain the reasons behind this would really help. I heard you talk about why but I dont want to relay second hand info

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Yeah, that's what I was told as well. Apparently it has nothing to do with bandwidth. I got a vague grasp of the reasoning, but I'm still not sure how prohibiting independent 4g streams is beneficial to the event.

If anything, we're in a stage where we are trying to grow this FGC as a whole -- and more exposure is part of getting there, rather than less.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
From what I heard it doesnt matter if we bring 10 4g cards and 10 stream set ups. The TOs said 2 streams and thats it.

@SweetJohnnyCage if you could explain the reasons behind this would really help. I heard you talk about why but I dont want to relay second hand info
I got this.

Basically at ECT we don't want to promote a stream, knowing we can't 100% support it with this new venue.

Until we know the venue better, we don't want to disappoint those by saying there will be a stream then ending up not having one due to bandwidth bs.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
In other news,

Yeah 3/5 should be fine.

Players, please check in though at the start of the day to see what pools you are in. Even though we make them early, they are always subject to change.

Then you can go off and do other things til your appointed time.
I will also start some sort of live twitter feed to call for pools.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I got this.

Basically at ECT we don't want to promote a stream, knowing we can't 100% support it with this new venue.

Until we know the venue better, we don't want to disappoint those by saying there will be a stream then ending up not having one due to bandwidth bs.
But if people bring dedicated 4G cards, why would bandwidth be an issue? Is there a concern that they won't receive service from this venue?

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I got this.

Bandwidth isn't an issue with 4g -- that's why the confusion.

Hello folks!

The reason we're limiting it to two streams is because if a 4G stream doesn't work out, then the event looks bad in the grand scheme of things.

I will ask this, though. Who's card can we use? @Shock is it your personal card? Would you want to run up to Secaucus and do a test stream on a laptop from the ballroom?

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Hello folks!

The reason we're limiting it to two streams is because if a 4G stream doesn't work out, then the event looks bad in the grand scheme of things.

I will ask this, though. Who's card can we use? @Shock is it your personal card? Would you want to run up to Secaucus and do a test stream on a laptop from the ballroom?
If not Shock, then @flipkev has great 4G reception. I am assuming by not mentioning him, Arturo is already your second streamer.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Hello folks!

Hey SJC.

I think that if you announce that any 4g streams are contingent on reception (with an asterisk or something that basically explains that if there's no reception, then there won't be a separate stream), the community will understand.

But testing it out beforehand would be great. We don't mean to be annoying -- we just really love our game, and we're passionate about seeing the pools because they've been consistently amazing and unpredictable for months now.

If not Shock, then @flipkev has great 4G reception. I am assuming by not mentioning him, Arturo is already your second streamer.
Like last year, Deadly Bison is out secondary streamer.

But testing it out beforehand would be great. We don't mean to be annoying -- we just really love our game, and we're passionate about seeing the pools because they've been consistently amazing and unpredictable for months now.
You're not being annoying, don't worry. I want 3rd Strike to be streamed all day, so I get the passion. We just want to make ECT the best event possible, while maintaining high quality in all aspects. If the stream isn't solid during tests, then we can't let it happen.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Hey SJC.

I think that if you announce that any 4g streams are contingent on reception (with an asterisk or something that basically explains that if there's no reception, then there won't be a separate stream), the community will understand.

Yes, and we'd like the mainstream audience to see how diverse pools have been since the patch. Luckily, Top 8's have followed suit for the most part, but there are even more wacky characters doing work in quals.

Hello folks!

Ok, well hopefully someone with a 4g can stream every match, you guys don't have to "support" it or claim responsibility for it. Problem solved.

Pretty crazy that most of Injustice could possibly not be streamed.

hecterrific

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
This is really awesome news. I'm glad the format seems to be changing. Better late than never, in my opinion. Props to ECT and all the TO's who are seeing the quality of the IGAU competition increased by making this decision.

I remember the initial reaction to this: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jul/15/producer-injustice-tournaments-should-be-35-all-time-vote-your-preferred-format/

EX:

Hector Sanchez needs to STFU. First of all Injustice is a fun game but its doesn't seem like its built with competitive play in mind. You release a patch almost every month to balance a game and whether you whether the complaints are valid you care more about the opinions when it comes to balancing your game from casual players.

sounds like a whiny attempt to get more air time on his game.

I'd rather hear this from someone in the community who competes, not someone trying to sell the game.

In other words Injustice the game I developed needs more air time at tournaments but I could give a f*** about the competitive community in general.

Sami

Noob

Sami

Noob
Also, seeing as May 11th is my birthday I'll happy throw $20 (or as close as the pounds to USD exchange rate will get me) via PayPal to help pay for 4G. Not an empty promise.