What's new

Infinite Crisis: results, statistics, opinions

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I'm not about to do some lengthy write up telling a story of each match like Crimson or Blake does, but here's the shit that you want to see most.

RESULTS
Injustice
1) Rico (Black Adam)
2) REO (Martian Manhunter)
3) CDjr (Wonder Woman)
4) Chris G (Green Arrow)
5) DarthArma (Batman)
5) Zyphox (un-patched Flash)
7) Frantastic (Superman)
7) Grr (Bane)

Mortal Kombat
1) Soapboxfan (Cage)
2) Chris G (Reptile)
not sure of rest, will post soon

STATISTICS
*175 sets of Injustice matches were ran in 4 hours!
*All sets were 3/5
*Each player played at least 6 matches thanks to a unique round robin tournament style
*8 unique characters in top 8 - first appearance of Bane in a north east (non-weekly) tournament
*Three players were one match away from making into top 8 with the round robin system: Classy (Grundy) and RayMetroid (Raven) DrHandsome (Aquaman/GreenLantern?)
*Mortal Kombat had a surprisingly large amount of people: 14.
*Infinite Crisis marks the first time major Capcom players such as Rico and Masta CJ made their appearance in Mortal Kombat.
*Rico was quickly trained in the arts of f3 by Claude, only to be counter picked by Kenshi first match.

OPINIONS and SUGGESTIONS
If you were at Infinite Crisis can you please leave us some suggestions and comments for our next event? So far we have some great reviews (@HGTV Soapboxfan and Vito DeVito) , but we want to hear from everyone! Did you enjoy the round robin system? Was the pacing good? Did you feel like you got your money's worth? What can we do to make the next event better?

Some major questions:
1) Yay or Nay: round robin tournament
2) Would you be interested in adding a mystery game (not necessarily even a fighting game)
3) What's your interest level on a character auction event
4) Would you pay to enter Mortal Kombat or should we keep it free

THANKS!
A huge thanks to every single person there Saturday! This was a project that Shock RapZiLLa54 and myself put a lot of care into over the last month and we were glad to see everyone show up.

Without Shock and summoning non of this would be possible; the fact that our community has this connection is fucking amazing. The fact the two of them let us do this shit is also just as awesome! You two are bad enough dudes to save president Ronny.

Thanks to Revolution Gaming for getting in there the night before and setting up all the Capcom room and lending a $200 pot bonus to Injustice!

All of you guys are the shit, I really hope you enjoyed coming out. Hopefully every event from here out is onward and upwards.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Patch Flash next time :|
Zyphox was on point.
He was lol; Zyphox pulled the salty winner move though saying the system was not patched. Little did he notice he was playing against Cyber Superman who if the system has, it means its as up to date as possible.

Zyphox and Grr were so fucking awesome to watch Saturday! My favorite matches all night were Zyphox vs both Frantastic and 7L.

Its a shame he pulled the salty winner making the crowd boo his huge win lol.

REO

Undead
Some major questions:
1) Yay or Nay: round robin tournament
2) Would you be interested in adding a mystery game (not necessarily even a fighting game)
3) What's your interest level on a character auction event
4) Would you pay to enter Mortal Kombat or should we keep it free
1) yay
2) no opinion on this
3) can you explain how this would work? i've never done one before
4) i wouldn't pay :p

OPINIONS and SUGGESTIONS
If you were at Infinite Crisis can you please leave us some suggestions and comments for our next event? So far we have some great reviews (@HGTV Soapboxfan and Vito DeVito) , but we want to hear from everyone! Did you enjoy the round robin system? Was the pacing good? Did you feel like you got your money's worth? What can we do to make the next event better
i really liked this event and will make it every month. tbh, it's one of the few (if not only) injustice event i look forward to and have the most fun at. round robin style was fun to participate in. pace was great - never a dull moment. definitely got my money's worth. i got to play in some match-ups that i rarely get to ever (bane, joker, mmh, etc.) all that's missing is a top three photo and a picture of that sexy first place trophy. make it happen for next event :p

but really, big ups to Shock summoning RapZiLLa54 SwiftTomHanks and anyone else who helped set this up and run it.

REO

Undead
and lol at the patch flash thing. that was amazing. +1 would relive moments again

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
How a character auction event would work: REO gishtezashqip7797

8 characters would be chosen at random (probably just using the in-game random select) and then auctioned off to everyone at the event. The person who pays the most for the character gets to enter a 8-man tournament with that character. They can not use any other character.

So for example, we random a character at it ends up on Aquaman. We would start the bidding at $5. If Soapboxfan bids $5, then DrHandsome says fuck that - I'm bidding $7, Soapbox could either bid higher or let him have the character.

REO

Undead
How a character auction event would work: REO gishtezashqip7797

8 characters would be chosen at random (probably just using the in-game random select) and then auctioned off to everyone at the event. The person who pays the most for the character gets to enter a 8-man tournament with that character. They can not use any other character.

So for example, we random a character at it ends up on Aquaman. We would start the bidding at $5. If Soapboxfan bids $5, then DrHandsome says fuck that - I'm bidding $7, Soapbox could either bid higher or let him have the character.

ok, gotcha. that sounds fun actually. guess i'll have to keep some of my side characters like zod sharp just in case mmh doesn't make the cut. ;)

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Grrrrrrrrrrr!

Looking like the next tournament will be on 9/28.
Round robin style we will keep doing, max amount of players would be 40, if we ever get more we will most likely go traditional.
It's looking look character auction and a mystery game are def happening next time!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
ok, gotcha. that sounds fun actually. guess i'll have to keep some of my side characters like zod sharp just in case mmh doesn't make the cut. ;)
Can you just not play a character so maybe i can win due to lack of matchup knowledge? Just like, one time.

Also @ Andrew, sorry i couldn't make it man. I had a blast watching though. One of the only times igau has ever been hype to me. I'm there next month 100%

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
The round robin was awesome. Had a great time.

As far as MK goes, I think we should keep it free but give it two hours to run instead of one and run a proper double elimination tournament. So we can stream some. Let's say start it at 6 and injustice at 8 or something. I think you wanted to run it at 6 anyway, which in hindsight was the proper move.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?

As far as MK goes, I think we should keep it free but give it two hours to run instead of one and run a proper double elimination tournament. So we can stream some. Let's say start it at 6 and injustice at 8 or something. I think you wanted to run it at 6 anyway, which in hindsight was the proper move.
I 2nd this.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming

Mk needs more than an hour for sure. I just want to make sure we get to add our extra fun events like the auction or mystery game next time. Even though mk was only single elimination it canceled out the character auction tournament in order to stream any mk.

Personally, I think we should start the side and minor events at 5 next time. A lot of people were there even before then which was awesome.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
He was lol; Zyphox pulled the salty winner move though saying the system was not patched. Little did he notice he was playing against Cyber Superman who if the system has, it means its as up to date as possible.

Zyphox and Grr were so fucking awesome to watch Saturday! My favorite matches all night were Zyphox vs both Frantastic and 7L.

Its a shame he pulled the salty winner making the crowd boo his huge win lol.
the reason i thought it was un patched was because i felt like my d2 was coming slow and everything felt slow to me, like his dash, and if you rewatch the set i dropped every single combo. but i now know that my muscle memory started to kick in because it was past my bed time and i was so used to ps3 timing, and usually i judge where a system is patched or not by how fast i can machine gun my d2, Grr also felt like it was un patched or lag or something so it wasn't just me Grr i don't know what he felt but i think i found my explanation for why i was saying it was un patched. i also want to apologize to @Frantastic if he is on here, i didn't get to money match because i forgot that my girl had work the following morning at 9 am and at the heat of the moment i excepted you MM without thinking, but if you will be at TFC in two weeks and possibly the break tomorrow if i decide to go, then we can do it then, and i didn't mean to talk trash afterwards, i needed a snickers at the tournament and i usually don't do that.

7L

Heads up!
My Godlike random stage selections to get Fortress. Thanks Ed Boon, I knew you'd pull through!

Great job to STH and Rapzilla. This tournament ran great, I went 2-4 and my first two matches were losses so I still got to play many matches due to the round robin. Everybody got their money worth from not only the tournament but the many set ups we had also. This was a great turn out. S/O to Zyphox for his damn set ups with flash. Too many cross ups....

This was good practice for TFC. See you all in two weeks!

Grr

Noob
the reason i thought it was un patched was because i felt like my d2 was coming slow and everything felt slow to me, like his dash, and if you rewatch the set i dropped every single combo. but i now know that my muscle memory started to kick in because it was past my bed time and i was so used to ps3 timing, and usually i judge where a system is patched or not by how fast i can machine gun my d2, Grr also felt like it was un patched or lag or something so it wasn't just me Grr i don't know what he felt but i think i found my explanation for why i was saying it was un patched.

It did feel like it was slow, even if it was patched, my d2 was slower than usual, idk, too bad it was an isolated issue and no one had the same problem as you and I.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments

If we're going to dedicate two hours to Mk why not make it $5 bucks so at least theres some kind reward, no?

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
One question. Where the fuck did that one guy get that Bane mask? NEED TO HAZ UN! Awesome tourney by the way :p

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I think that HGTV Soapboxfan probably deserves some props, yet I sha'll give him none
No instead you just stand behind me and root for my opponent the whole time. I really have great team backing me up, dont I?

Anyway, this was an awesome event. I kind of suck at IGAU but I enjoy playing it and the venue and how the tournament was run is awesome, so hopefully there are more events so I can level up.