What's new

Breakthrough Inescapable Flash Freeze reset

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
So I just found something absolutely groundbreaking with Frost.

(Sorry about the shaky cam, but as you can tell by the video, backdashing, jumping and ducking does not escape. Obviously nothing else will either.)

YOU CAN GUARANTEE A MB.FREEZE RESET OFF OF A MB.FREEZE.

We thought it wasn't possible, there was always a catch... backdashing... delayed wake-ups.... try as we might, there always seemed to be a way out... but I knew in my heart of hearts that it was possible, it must be... this game is just too damn silly for it not to be.

HOW TO DO IT? !!!

mb.freeze, tap trait, mb.freeze

This is VERY difficult to execute. I hit it maybe 20 percent of the time in the last hour (I literally just discovered this). I'm not entirely certain about the timing: is it frame perfect and only possible if you tap trait instantly after mb.freeze recovers, and input mb.freeze instantly after trait recovers? I'm not certain, but I think it is, meaning you need 2 consecutive frame perfect timings in a row...

WHY THIS WORKS? !!!

This I think I can shed some light on. For anyone who's tried to perform a trait combo off of mb.freeze and wondered why it doesn't work, it seems like activating trait turns off mb.freeze's comboability, while retaining their immobility. For example, if you mb.freeze, after it's recovery you can dash forward with enough time to combo, but if you mb.freeze and immediately tap trait, for some reason you don't have enough time to combo. I'm assuming this was a safeguard against easy trait combos. I think this safeguard backfired and allows us to connect a mb.freeze that's completely inescapable...

It's time Frost brothers, the second winter is upon us. @Laos_boy 's budding technology has found it's final form, our enemies will tremble in fear, their health bars shall deplete in our ice storm. The vortex is no longer escapeable.

Every single combo now, with 2 meters, has an inescapable 38% ender...
100% trait combos are now possible...
Does Frost now rightfully hold the title of highest damaging character in Injustice?
Does this change match-up numbers? Does this change tier placement?

@xKhaoTik
@RiBBz22
@teh_kingdunch
@Rickyraws
@Vak Phoenix
@Cabronium
@Madog32
@astronout
@Pan1cMode
@ApocaLips
and the amazing @RunwayMafia who I am a fool to have forgotten
and any other Frost player I forgot!!

UPDATE:
Proof of concept video

UPDATE 2:

Execution tips

When timing the trait after the 1st mb.Flash Freeze, hold up+forward (or up+back).*** If Frost jumps, than you're inputting the trait too early or too late. Master timing trait while holding up+forward/back and you'll master the just frame.

A visual cue for the above: note the meterburn glow on her feet or the meterburn "blackhole" near her hands when Frost meterburns Flash Freeze. Trait should be input the moment the glow/blackhole disappears.

For inputting the mb.Flash Freeze AFTER trait, simply input the the Flash Freeze command at the tail end of traits recovery. This takes some practice, but when done correctly, Flash Freeze comes out at the first possible frame automatically.

***You can use this as an option select: if Frost jumps over the opponent, simply go for a 50/50 when she lands behind them - or if you jumped back, simply go for a forward air dash cross-up mix-up. Holding straight up doesn't exactly work because a neutral jump has slower start up than a forward/back jump - so you're not guaranteed a frame perfect timing - however the os with a neutral jump is arguably better (simply j2, 2 into 50/50).

Last edited:

Crathen

Death is my business
This has been used on me before...

It's one of things I didn't lab to really know, just based on the usual whiff normal reset that is possible with everyone that has a standing reset special, but Kf just uses trait.

I wonder how consistent it is a real game, doesn't seems impractical.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Yes =D. I was in the lab the other day trying to find something like this. Every freeze in the game has the same sort of thing. If you whiff a move, activate trait, etc., the combo counter resets. I just couldn't find out how to do it. This is great.

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I was actually trying this same setup the other day since i just picked her up as my third main... I thought this was possible, but the second flash freeze kept whiffing :( very nice.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
even though this is awesome, don't be surprised when this turns into a 20 paged article ending with it being hot fixed into oblivion.
Yeah, that was my only fear releasing this, that it could lead to a hotfix ruining one of the most interesting characters I've ever played in a fighting game. But I'm not a fool, all tech I discover will be discovered, and all this backdoor hush-hush stuff with tech is just boring to me. I want to see discussion and growth, the "save it for Evo" mentality bores me. Just crossing my fingers that any hotfix won't hurt frost accidentally.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I don't think this is game breaking... This is OP but nothing that breaks the rules of the game i guess... This just makes her top 5? I don't think it will be hotfixed.