What's new

Important, yet sad article dealing with SFxT "Cross Assault" Incident

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Wow..I just listened to it. He was dead serious on his explanation of the whole thing with whoever else he was talking to. So basically he's saying that we're a bunch of horny bastards who can't keep it in our pants or from our mouths. I have to agree with THTB and say a simple smdh doesn't really cut it for this. I'd like to think I was welcome here and I'm pretty sure no one gets scoffed at unless the make an account just to post like an asshole. Its called respect, and clearly Aris doesn't believe the fighting game community is capable of it.

Wow..I just listened to it. He was dead serious on his explanation of the whole thing with whoever else he was talking to. So basically he's saying that we're a bunch of horny bastards who can't keep it in our pants or from our mouths. I have to agree with THTB and say a simple smdh doesn't really cut it for this. I'd like to think I was welcome here and I'm pretty sure no one gets scoffed at unless the make an account just to post like an asshole. Its called respect, and clearly Aris doesn't believe the fighting game community is capable of it.
Once again, trolling. Trust me

Shouldn't trolling be funny?
and it was funny to plenty of people. If you would of seen the stream chat blew up when it happen. Stream chat made the meme and tumblr of "miranda thighs" and so on. Miranda for a lot of time on stream seemed like she was playing along with it. It wasn't until the last few days where it has obviously taken its toll on her.

For people who haven't seen the show previous days. Starslay3r (another female gamer) stood up for Miranda and the sexual harassment. You know what miranda did? Talk shit about Starslayer. Now tell me what kind of message does that send to everybody watching?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Honestly, this is Aris. Seth Killian should've known better...it's not like Aris' brass behavior isn't well known. Pretty stupid on Aris' behalf to shoot himself in the foot like this, Capcom's putting up $500k for this game last I heard. Idiotic move.

Aris doesn't know how to condone himself professionally, period. FGs are evolving past the typical group of guys hanging out in a run down arcade. Prior to this, I found Aris to be pretty amusing, but this was just dumb on his behalf. Could've been a great way to promote himself and get further involved, instead he does this. Way too far.

That justifies it? You can say whatever you want as long as you're "just trolling"?
No, I have never said it made it ok. But to understand the situation better you need to understand the whole scope of the situation and not just focus on the action in question. What aris says might or might not be inappropriate is up to the people to decide, but to believe that he truly means what he says is a different thing altogether.

T3rror

Noob
I think everyone in the fgc knows he was just joking with her and didn't mean any harm by it, but it seems she became tired of the jokes. We were not there so we are as much in the dark as all the game journalists writing those articles.

Edit*
Would also like to mention Aris didn't literally mean harassment is ok. He was referring to keeping the raw arcade culture alive although it was poorly worded.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Would also like to mention Aris didn't literally mean harassment is ok. He was referring to keeping the raw arcade culture alive although it was poorly worded.
I get that, but at the same point, look at Aris. The guy has to be in his mid 30s and acts like a teenager. Esports AND Capcom's $500,000 added prize money towards AE and SFxT this upcoming year is clearly an indicator that people need to grow up. Aris just doesn't know how to condone himself professionally, period. I troll like hell on these forums, if you put me in a position like that though, I'm going to put on a nice shirt and not sabotage myself.

I certainly don't troll female members on the forums asking what their bra size is. That's just too far. I'm a firm believer that trolling should be fun for everyone and not pushing peoples boundaries.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Honestly....fighting games are very problematic...EVEN MORTAL KOMBAT IS ATROCIOUS...look at how he women are portrayed: big busted sexual objects. They are objects. OBJECTS. If that is not fucked up enough...
The first time I played in the shao kahn level I could not believe what I was seeing, "are those women chained up, being tortured". Yes shao kahn is the ultimate chaunvist patriarchal figure..but as far as level design...that was pushing the line. FG have been, and currently are very very problematic when concerning women.

FGs are not about objectifying women, not even really about to people fighting. In reality FGs are about memorizing button commands and overloading the other player....get the rest of this unnecessary crap out of here.

FG are about memorizing button commands...what? You can't be serious about this? Like SC2 is about knowing builds?

And on the otherhand, you have johnny cage and liu kang being obviously sexual eye candy for the opposite gender. I can not take your post seriously with the amount of "lol?" in your post.

GhosT

Noob
Here are my thoughts after watching the vids, watching LI joes follow up with sherry. And taking it all with a grain of salt. Aris is sort of immature and doesn't know how to talk to girls, i think he liked her and instead of being a man and trying to impress, he used his playground middle school pick on you to flirt type game. let me say it now, This does not mean i Side with aris, i think he was pathetic. But at the same time I agree with Sherry. And this is coming from another woman, so it does hold some weight, she thought that the girl should have stood up for herself. what started off I'm sure as playful jawing to impress a live stream, ending up upsetting and offending this girl. but at the same time, defend yourself, at the beginning she couldn't of been upset, she was laughing hysterically. Once the funny shit wore off its kind of on her to set the rules. If i was in that group i would of told her in a personal situation. "tel this mother fucker to shut the fuck up, tell him shut the fuck up you are not cool, you were funny at first but now your just trying to hard, give me a damn break I'm here to game and level up loser." I guarantee you that would of blown aris up. But she was timid and let it eat her up. I wasn't there and ddont know exactly what happen. off stream and off recordings. But if i was there, I wouldn't of been able to train and have matches while this was going on, would of took it upon myself to have said something, why did nobody else feel obligated? And at the least this girl needed someone to have her back and make her feel confident to confront aris. She is obviousy so insecure with herself to let this kind of trash get to her. Its really just shame, but are there no real men there? Apparently not. Guys take this as a lesson. Some of you spend years learning to master the concepts of fighting games. Spend a few days learning the concept of being a man. Nobody who witnessed this fist had apparently is a man. If you think its funny for someone else to be hurt by this stupid garbage you AINT ABOUT SHIT. My two cents.

after taking a min to read this i realize i let the subject anger me, and it reflects in my post, i realize this doesn't reflect the MK community, and my post is not meant to target anyone here. It just pisses me off thinking nobody has balls at this sfxtekken event.

on a final note, it really did blow up more than it ever should. I don't think aris is hateful, just stupid. I think if someone he can listen to or respect. Or anyone with balls for that matter, would of said. "bro your being a trash mouth ass hat shut the fuck up and show respect. let the girl play she earned her way here just like you." I think aris would have realized he was going overboard. The real tragedy was that nobody including the girl had the strength to say anything.. All could have been squashed from the start with none of this armageddon shit.

Final thoughts, whatever your opinion or thoughts, was it all it good humor or in play, was it foul play? Either way it went beyond simple trolling, this went on for a good while. I think the bottom line is he didn't or doenst respect the females at the event. Tell me, you guys would let another dude talk shit and troll you for an extended period of time? At first its just trolling, but its got to end sometime, and when it doesn't tell me you wouldn't feel disrespected? Why doenst this disrespect happen man to man at tournaments like evo or big majors? Why? because you aren't gonna let someone walk all over you and disrespect you for no reason? why should someone be able to do just that to the opposite sex? Worst of all why can't someone stand up for someone else who can't do it themselves?

Rant over.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
FG are about memorizing button commands...what? You can't be serious about this? Like SC2 is about knowing builds?

And on the otherhand, you have johnny cage and liu kang being obviously sexual eye candy for the opposite gender. I can not take your post seriously with the amount of "lol?" in your post.
Really? From everything I wrote, you complain about my meta-description of the game? Of course it is more complicated than that.....:/

My point is I can 'hit buttons' without having to have sexual/violent objectification of women. Could I have my mortal kombat without sexual harassment? Yes. Easily.
The portrayal of women is still problematic...regardless of the male appearance...i hope you realize that.

I am actually pretty surprised to see how many people on this website care about these kind of issues. It is very important to discuss sexual harassment, and I think this pst making front page is a sign regarding the maturity of this community as a whole.

How does Mortal Kombat have sexual harassment? Sexual objectification of virtual women I will agree with. That is more of an issue of society rather than gaming. It is just societies norm of women are perceived more sexually. It doesn't help that the demographic of fighting games is young male adults who happen to like attracted virtual/real women. But that is a whole different topic and has nothing to do with sexual harassment.

Killphil

We're getting off the subject matter. End with yes, the core demographic is young male adults. Sex sells. Put these two facts together and you get the female roster we have in the game. Sooooo shocking!

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Once again a Capcom based forum is posted and here is RagingNight defending it even when it has to do with someone who CLEARLY crossed the line. When it became uncomfortable for her he should have squashed. I felt completely awkward watching it myself after a while but regardless....there's a line and it should not be crossed.

Once again a Capcom based forum is posted and here is RagingNight defending it even when it has to do with someone who CLEARLY crossed the line. When it became uncomfortable for her he should have squashed. I felt completely awkward watching it myself after a while but regardless....there's a line and it should not be crossed.
Holy fucking shit can you fucking read? When did I ever say Aris was not at fault? When did I ever defend his actions? Aris isn't even a capcom rep, he is a Tekken rep and I don't even play Tekken competitively. Stop following me around and try to instigate more shit.

I have said multiple times Aris is at fault for his actions and he clearly did/said inappropriate things. But to clearly label him as a sexist/racist/homophobe are completely inaccurate and I (as well as a few others) have tried to explain this. Hell Aris is more of a Mortal Kombat player than a SF player so get your fucking fanboy attitude out of here.

Killphil

Tim or some other mod is going to step in AGAIN. Damn I feel like I've read the whole "ragingNight loves capcom" thing before. C'mon guys. We have our likes and dislikes. Leave the guy alone. I like syrup sandwiches. wut now?

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Holy fucking shit can you fucking read? When did I ever say Aris was not at fault? When did I ever defend his actions? Aris isn't even a capcom rep, he is a Tekken rep and I don't even play Tekken competitively. Stop following me around and try to instigate more shit.

I have said multiple times Aris is at fault for his actions and he clearly did/said inappropriate things. But to clearly label him as a sexist/racist/homophobe are completely inaccurate and I (as well as a few others) have tried to explain this. Hell Aris is more of a Mortal Kombat player than a SF player so get your fucking fanboy attitude out of here.
Just stating facts...it's all I ever see you post. And isn't Street Fighter X Tekken made by....oh right Capcom. An article BASED ON CAPCOM. "Holy fucking shit can you fucking read?"

Just stating facts...it's all I ever see you post. And isn't Street Fighter X Tekken made by....oh right Capcom. An article BASED ON CAPCOM. "Holy fucking shit can you fucking read?"
What does that have do with anything being discuss about Aris and sexual harassment? How offtopic are you trying to get?

edit

Is it suddenly wrong for me to post in certain forums/threads? O wait it isn't thank you and come again.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
I can see what he means, but that doesn't apply to the FGC, maybe online gaming and gaming overall which have no rules whatsoever but not to the FGC.

GhosT said:
If i was in that group i would of told her in a personal situation. "tel this mother fucker to shut the fuck up, tell him shut the fuck up you are not cool, you were funny at first but now your just trying to hard, give me a damn break I'm here to game and level up loser." I guarantee you that would of blown aris up.
If you were in her situation, would you have said that to Aris? It's pretty easy to say she should've acted like this and stood up to herself, but I'm sure 90% of girls in her situation would've acted the same. Girls want to fit in with the guys so they don't want to come out like bitches or drama queens I guess. So they don't say anything and take it. They want to show they have tough skin. Playing along doesn't mean it doesn't bother you, it just means you want to play along and not make a scene or cause trouble. Aris is a pretty imposing guy and he's an important and respected player/commentator in the FGC so I can see why she preferred to keep her mouth shut instead of accusing Aris of sexual harassment. Which is a pretty severe accusation.

And I highly doubt that would've shut Aris up lol. He would've made a big joke out of it like "See this is why I'm not married. These girls keep having their period and it fucking frightens me."