What's new

Important Notice for The Fall Classic: Bring Your Own Controller and Converter

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
If you are going to The Fall Classic on the weekend of September 13, we urge you to read this notice by Mikemetroid regarding the use of controllers in the tournament. As explained below, it will not be the responsibility of tournament staff to compensate for your lack of equipment or any imperfect equipment you might have. You alone are to be responsible for your preparations. You can also check out this post on Twitter for the official word on controllers.

https://twitter.com/TFCtournament/status/374914829548802048

Post by MikeMetroid is in italics.

I'm going to keep this very simple. You have 5 minutes to find a controller to use in the tournament or you will be DQ'd. We are not responsible to provide you converters. The game has been used on the 360 since May. Capcom TOs do NOT put up with this and neither will we.

I am not speaking as a representative of KN. I am staff for NRS games though, and I will not delay a tournament because of player laziness.

And from Shock:

The Cronus adapters we got for ECT5 were merely a courtesy due to the short notice of the console change. Without them, a good dozen players wouldn't have been able to play. However we sold 3 of them at ECT5, returned one faulty one and then at Summer Jam, 2 were not returned to us and no one has come out about it. I currently have 2 left and am not getting any more. These will stay at the stream station as backup and will not be going anywhere else. These three months have been enough time for players to get ready.

Thank you for your cooperation guys.

If anyone knows who has the 2 missing Cronus, please contact me privately.

Shock SweetJohnnyCage

Attachments

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
https://twitter.com/TFCtournament/status/374914829548802048
I'm going to keep this very simple. You have 5 minutes to find a controller to use in the tournament or you will be DQ'd. We are not responsible to provide you converters. The game has been used on the 360 since May. Capcom TOs do NOT put up with this and neither will we.

I am not speaking as a representative of KN. I am staff for NRS games though, and I will not delay a tournament because of player laziness. Shock SweetJohnnyCage

STORMS GamerBlake90 CrimsonShadow Front page this please so that this is clearly announced.
This is the best post in years !!!!!!!!

I applaud this 10000%

If you are a tournament player Then bring your OWN CONTROLLERS, converters etc

AND THERE IS NO SUCH F ING THING AS CONVERTER ISSUES......

It clearly states on every single converter box, people would know if they could read or owned their own, to REMOVE THE ANALOG STICK

sorry if this hurts anyone's feelings, I'm really not.

TFC is a Bring Your Own Controller event. Converters too. KN has been too kind and provided converters for you guys, and they wind up missing, broken, or stolen. We put Injustice on 360 because you guys showed us a lot of reasons why it should be that way, but you have to provide your own controllers, regardless of the system.

I am not speaking as a representative of KN. I am staff for NRS games though, and I will not delay a tournament because of player laziness.

Shock SweetJohnnyCage

yoooooooooooooooooooooooo damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
This is the best post in years !!!!!!!!

I applaud this 10000%

If you are a tournament player Then bring your OWN CONTROLLERS, converters etc

AND THERE IS NO SUCH F ING THING AS CONVERTER ISSUES......

It clearly states on every single converter box, people would know if they could read or owned their own, to REMOVE THE ANALOG STICK

sorry if this hurts anyone's feelings, I'm really not.
Rofl whoa whoa.. Breathe Pig.. Breathe! Take a deep breath, count to 10. Hahah.

Pig went off!!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Too many idiots man

Tired of people having an inability to read or be responsible/prepared

Deal w it
Haha, I feel you. I feel like this is a good time for the FGC as a whole to start growing up and treating this more professionally all across the board.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
This is probably the best post on tym. I never played MK9 on ps3 but i bought a dual modded stick for it, no excuse why people cant get their own converters

Pig Of The Hut

Rofl, I feel you. I feel like this is a good time for the FGC as a whole to start growing up and treating this more professionally all across the board.
And while I'm at it

@TYM Community if you button check in game (5 min button checks wity your shitty tertiary character) and not at the main menu you shouldn't go to tourneys

I commend Atl at BNB for stopping this nonsense after ak 4.0 where I complained about people taking 14 min button checks . I believe at BNB we had zero in game checks

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Wait, you mean I can't spend the money I can afford to go to a tournament and expect people to provide me with items necessary to compete in said tournament? Racist.

And while I'm at it

@TYM Community if you button check in game (5 min button checks wity your shitty tertiary character) and not at the main menu you shouldn't go to tourneys

I commend Atl at BNB for stopping this nonsense after ak 4.0 where I complained about people taking 14 min button checks . I believe at BNB we had zero in game checks
I feel you on this. However, at my last major I was bouncing back and forth between Marvel and Injustice and really needed a button check to get my wits together between game pools. That said, I never spent longer than a minute or so getting my feel back between games.

15 min button checks? might as well play a set of casuals lol.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The Cronus adapters we got for ECT5 were merely a courtesy due to the short notice of the console change. Without them, a good dozen players wouldn't have been able to play. However we sold 3 of them at ECT5, returned one faulty one and then at Summer Jam, 2 were not returned to us and no one has come out about it. I currently have 2 left and am not getting any more. These will stay at the stream station as backup and will not be going anywhere else. These three months have been enough time for players to get ready.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?

GamerBlake90 CrimsonShadow
Please add this to the OP

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I'll definitely be purchasing my own converter so I won't have to keep borrowing one at big tournaments all the time. I appreciated the generosity then, but I don't want special treatment. Thankfully my monthly income's improved some, so I should be ordering one soon.

Pig Of The Hut

I'll definitely be purchasing my own converter so I won't have to keep borrowing one at big tournaments all the time. I appreciated the generosity then, but I don't want special treatment. Thankfully my monthly income's improved some, so I should be ordering one soon.