What's new

I'm not sure what to do

G4S Ermacio

Orbs... Orbs everywhere
Ok so i went to operation wolf last night actually and i played the worst i think i have ever... but i also didn't have fun while i played in the tournament only when i was playing at arcade and playing random select matches, but i think it's because i honestly hate playing kabal but at the same time i don't like losing, so I'm kinda stuck because if i wanted to play only for fun I'd play cyber sub zero no second thought but i want to win as well which if we're being honest is most likely not going to happen playing him. So here is the question besides kabal what character who doesn't have too many bad match ups is really fun to play i don't need all advantage or anything just not too many 3-7s. Thanks in advance.

Edit: this was horribly punctuated please forgive me heh heh I'm still really out of it i was a tad sleep deprived haha.

Goldi

Noob
If you're having fun playing MK; you're doing it wrong. :p

Jokes aside, I'm coming up on my one year anniversary competing offline, and I've been something of a Jade loyalist the entire time. I don't place well, but I don't blame my character and I have a lot of fun no matter how well or dismal I perform.

I guess we're at opposite ends of the spectrum lol. Just enjoy the game and the community however you like.

CRUM

Noob
Honestly, I play Lao as my secondary character and he's so much fuckin fun to play. And yes, the obscenity was necessary. I love the teleport shenanigans in the corner and all of his mix-ups. His bad matchups are pretty bad, but I don't believe he loses any MUs 3-7. I main Cage and have Lao as my back up for horrible matchups. If I were to suggest a character I would say Lao because he's top 5 (arguably) and a lot of fun to play.

Justice

Noob
There are as many paths to victory as there are players, just as there are as many reasons to play. At the end of the day, if you're not into it you won't stick with the character/game if you can't find a reason to. For some, it's simply about the competition and can look at a tier list, pick the S+ character and call it a game. For others, it's "This character rox" or "I have fun playing this character". More good reasons to pick a character and play a game. What I'm saying is, before you can do anything else, define for yourself what "fun" and "enjoyment" mean to YOU.

Next, I can totally relate to not wanting to lose, but the sad reality is, you're going to; even with Kabal. Learn to deal or quit competing. If your wins are hollow and your losses are making you extra salty, it's time to take a look at this. What I see many players doing is ignoring what Capcom players call "Character Symmetry". I mean this slightly differently than they do however. I'm talking about picking the perfect character for YOU and how you like to play. Let's take REO as an example. He is knowledgeable enough that he can post tech vids on every character in the game (not sure if he has but I'm sure he could if he felt like it) but he never strays from Kabal and has taken the character to places that I'm not sure anyone even knew existed. Why can he do this? Kabal meets his "Character Symmetry" requirements.

As another example from the other end of the scale, I myself have had internal strife over this very topic. I struggle so much with Sonya and the perils of playing on a stick that I thought maybe my character loyalty may have been misplaced in this game. So I tried Skarlet. Felt very familliar due to the similarities between Skarlet and Sonya but Skarlet feeling overall faster than Sonya. I would take my Broke-assed Skarlet to locals and while I still wasn't logging wins, I was getting much closer with a character I still had to pull up the movelist for than the one I had trained for months. At the end of the day, Skarlet just didn't "feel right" and I found myself back in the lab with Sonya.

Had another crisis of faith about my ability to even play a "rushdown" character, so I went to Freddy. I figured that if I could sit back and control the pace of the match through zoning, life would be good. I started playing Freddy like Sonya and well, I'm sure you can see where this is going.

My suggestion to you is, grab Cyber Sub, have fun, train him up and the wins will come. I would even dare to say that you won't even notice how fast you are levelling up and getting the wins because you'll be enjoying yourself and feeling more self-satisfied that you won't even notice the effort that you are putting in simply because you are doing what you WANT to do rather than what others TELL you what to do.

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
Honestly, I had more fun playing casuals and hanging out at Operation Wolf than I did at any other tournament (aside from Toryuken because Canada is gdlk). I needed a break from competing

G4S Ermacio

Orbs... Orbs everywhere
Honestly, I had more fun playing casuals and hanging out at Operation Wolf than I did at any other tournament (aside from Toryuken because Canada is gdlk). I needed a break from competing
Yeah i have to admit your a better random select player than me... I'll get you next time!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
Yeah i have to admit your a better random select player than me... I'll get you next time!

You're not a bad player by any means. I feel like you share the same trait with me, which is that you play better when you're having fun. If you're not having fun with Kabal, then there's your answer.

LEGEND

YES!
So here is the question besides kabal what character who doesn't have too many bad match ups is really fun to play i don't need all advantage or anything just not too many 3-7s. Thanks in advance.
This is why i play Sektor, Win or lose, its a blast to play as him

And he only has one for sure 3-7 and that is mileena

Edit: Didn't see this
Sektor may only have one 3-7 at worst. Very fair and fun character to play.
lol, yup

Matix218

Get over here!
I find smoke fun to play and he is a solid tournament character. I play ermac noob and sub as well but I always have the most fun with smoke. I'd give him a shot if you are not having fun with your current characters

G4S Ermacio

Orbs... Orbs everywhere
You're not a bad player by any means. I feel like you share the same trait with me, which is that you play better when you're having fun. If you're not having fun with Kabal, then there's your answer.
And logic bests me once again next time you see me I'll be playing kitana or cyber sub (my two favorite characters)

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Please pick kitana, because I just picked up kenshi. Have fun now you bastard. Nah lol jk, your kitana doesn't completely suck, so that could be ok. I know you will run back to kabal though.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
There are as many paths to victory as there are players, just as there are as many reasons to play. At the end of the day, if you're not into it you won't stick with the character/game if you can't find a reason to. For some, it's simply about the competition and can look at a tier list, pick the S+ character and call it a game. For others, it's "This character rox" or "I have fun playing this character". More good reasons to pick a character and play a game. What I'm saying is, before you can do anything else, define for yourself what "fun" and "enjoyment" mean to YOU.

Next, I can totally relate to not wanting to lose, but the sad reality is, you're going to; even with Kabal. Learn to deal or quit competing. If your wins are hollow and your losses are making you extra salty, it's time to take a look at this. What I see many players doing is ignoring what Capcom players call "Character Symmetry". I mean this slightly differently than they do however. I'm talking about picking the perfect character for YOU and how you like to play. Let's take REO as an example. He is knowledgeable enough that he can post tech vids on every character in the game (not sure if he has but I'm sure he could if he felt like it) but he never strays from Kabal and has taken the character to places that I'm not sure anyone even knew existed. Why can he do this? Kabal meets his "Character Symmetry" requirements.

As another example from the other end of the scale, I myself have had internal strife over this very topic. I struggle so much with Sonya and the perils of playing on a stick that I thought maybe my character loyalty may have been misplaced in this game. So I tried Skarlet. Felt very familliar due to the similarities between Skarlet and Sonya but Skarlet feeling overall faster than Sonya. I would take my Broke-assed Skarlet to locals and while I still wasn't logging wins, I was getting much closer with a character I still had to pull up the movelist for than the one I had trained for months. At the end of the day, Skarlet just didn't "feel right" and I found myself back in the lab with Sonya.

Had another crisis of faith about my ability to even play a "rushdown" character, so I went to Freddy. I figured that if I could sit back and control the pace of the match through zoning, life would be good. I started playing Freddy like Sonya and well, I'm sure you can see where this is going.

My suggestion to you is, grab Cyber Sub, have fun, train him up and the wins will come. I would even dare to say that you won't even notice how fast you are levelling up and getting the wins because you'll be enjoying yourself and feeling more self-satisfied that you won't even notice the effort that you are putting in simply because you are doing what you WANT to do rather than what others TELL you what to do.
Ok im dropping that stupid yellow robot for good and stick with shang!

Justice

Noob
When you come back for Toryuken 2, don't forget twothings: your PJs and your frikin ID! :p

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
character symmetry doesnt really apply to me, it doesnt matter, so long as the character is good i'll play and or main them. Pretty much anyone i play...i learn to like their playstyle. lol

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
Well here's some old school advice... I'm an older gamer and I personally like to pick characters that have "Bad Match-Ups" just because I think it's fun to beat someone with a character they thought was going to be "Free". Yes I play Sheeva.

But, as far as your self goes..."Do what you like and play from the heart!"