What's new

If your character had another character's trait...

D

Deleted member 28105

We had this discussion at GGA a while back. Green Arrow with MMH's trait would be one of the most broken characters ever. Half screen block strings into super. 33 would reach like 3/4 screen. But really every character in the game could do broken stuff with MMH's trait.

Sinestro/Zod with Flash's trait would be broken especially against rush down with no projectile. Zoning you aren't capable of getting out of. Also for the people saying Catwomen would be broke with his trait, keep in mind the trade off is she no longer has any invisible wake ups if you take her trait.

Doomsday with Grundy's trait would be crazy, constantly having to guess between d1~ES and d1~grab.
While that all sounds rather terrifying on paper, I would argue that he would be much worse. His normals are mediocre, whilst traited they wouldn't be as scary as one might think. When they have the range, they would lack the speed; when they have the speed, they would lack the range. However, the real mildew is the fact that GA simply will not have the meter necessary for a super when the time does come. You remove his trait, and it nullifies all of his damage potential in the midscreen without a BGB or BC, MB Stinger becomes almost obligatory. Albeit, his traitless combos may be slightly easier to land, but that doesn't change the fact that his mixups are sub-par (to say the absolute least) and that he has no zoning options left. He's lucky if he gets in an opportune situation to use that super.

kinda dumb, everyone would just take banes trait as it just decimates the entire cast. imagine batgirl with banes trait.
Bane's trait only applies armor to specials, some characters might for example batman, might be worst with it.

But you beat me to it with batgrills

Lol give BG anyone of the following traits:

- Batman
- Bane
- Raven
- Sinestro
- Superman
- Zod
- Lex
- Zatanna
- Green Arrow
- Doomsday
- MMH
- Aquaman
- Flash
- Grundy

and she'd be even more OP.

If I had a choice I'd take Batman's trait. Not only is it the most feasible trait to take, but it would address every single difficulty she has in all her MUs. Basically all her 5-5s would become 6-4s, all her 6-4s, 7-3s and cyborg would just be extra fucked over with a 9-1 MU. She'd be indisputably the best character in the game with no holes in her gameplay, easy mode get in/neutral, insane pressure, good zoning and the best mixups in the game.
What if she had hawkgirl's trait??

Some fun ones:

Zod with hawkgirl's trait
Superman with hawkgirl's trait

Green Lantern with Martian's trait
Cyborg with grundy's trait
scorpion with zod's trait

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Flash with anyone else trait = normalized.
Flash would be broken with Zod's trait. Actually, almost all 50/50 mix up character would be.

With trait activation, Flash would get in for free with a safe torpedo, essentially eliminating the character's only weakness, and make his opponent guess with multiple safe 50/50 mix ups every 12 seconds. Zod usually usually gets trait 6-8 times a match. Just do the math. Flash would be insane.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
This made me think of a great catwoman buff. Keep her trait as is, but with a max 3 claws instead of 5. Then give it Jokers speed boost properties, so using 1 scratch gives a slight boost, 2 medium, 3 high. Not too overpowered and fixes her horrible walkspeed. If you want to talk broken though, give her zods trait and ggs lol.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
This made me think of a great catwoman buff. Keep her trait as is, but with a max 3 claws instead of 5. Then give it Jokers speed boost properties, so using 1 scratch gives a slight boost, 2 medium, 3 high. Not too overpowered and fixes her horrible walkspeed. If you want to talk broken though, give her zods trait and ggs lol.
Yeah, not overpowered.

LOL.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I don't know how you figure that?
I'd take Bane's trait for her as level 3 would finally give her a way through projectiles. I don't even care about the damage.
Because MC puts them airborne and you could easily get four or five in during trait. The zoning thing, her speed in flight would make it really easy to dodge any attempt at hitting her on the way in I would think.

I think Banes would be good too. Doomsday would be fun.

Deathstroke with Batman's trait would be pretty crazy too.

E

Eldriken

I just thought of something. If Doomsday had Bane's trait, at level 3, zoning would be out the window if (MB) Venom had projectile immunity. He'd get in far more free than he already does.

He would be so broken. Jesus Christ.

I just thought of something. If Doomsday had Bane's trait, at level 3, zoning would be out the window if (MB) Venom had projectile immunity. He'd get in far more free than he already does.

He would be so broken. Jesus Christ.
I am thoroughly more fearful just contemplating the notion of armored earthshakers in the corner good sir. Getting in cheaper when he already gets in relatively easily with meter is more of an "icing on the cake" type of deal, if you will.

E

Eldriken

I am thoroughly more fearful just contemplating the notion of armored earthshakers in the corner good sir. Getting in cheaper when he already gets in relatively easily with meter is more of an "icing on the cake" type of deal, if you will.
Armored Earth Shakes would be beyond stupid. He would probably 10-0 the cast once he got them into the corner.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I can only think of a few characters who wouldn't immediatly become retarded with Bane's trait.

Like that is top 1 trait in game hands down. The fucking thing gives you 4 (5) buffs per button press. Dash speed, reduced damage taken, increased damage given, armor on specials (projectile invincible at lvl 3).

Even characters with stupidly good traits (zod, sinestro, superman to name a few) would just be over the top broken.

I still don't understand how one characters trait is THIS much better than every other character in the game.

I also think EVERYONE would benefit from Zod's, Sinestro's and Aquaman's trait.

But Banes is just..... amazing.

E

Eldriken

I can only think of a few characters who wouldn't immediatly become retarded with Bane's trait.

Like that is top 1 trait in game hands down. The fucking thing gives you 4 (5) buffs per button press. Dash speed, reduced damage taken, increased damage given, armor on specials (projectile invincible at lvl 3).

Even characters with stupidly good traits (zod, sinestro, superman to name a few) would just be over the top broken.

I still don't understand how one characters trait is THIS much better than every other character in the game.

I also think EVERYONE would benefit from Zod's, Sinestro's and Aquaman's trait.

But Banes is just..... amazing.
Yep! Bane gains entirely way too much from the press of a button when looking at all the other traits in the game. It isn't evened out by its debuff at all. You have to open him up to make the debuff come into play.