What's new

If you could balance patch MK9, what would you do? (NRS PLEASE READ!!!)

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Armor needs to go. Everyone should have some type of armored move that is not a launcher. Even if the non ex Version launches... the exVersion should give un-techable knockdown... especially how this game is evolving. If the exVersion is a laucnher... it should be at negative 15 at the min. Full combo punish if I can bait it.

Tired of people being able to just safely armor out of shit for a 40% into a standing reset.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
  • Remove all armor from characters except for Sheeva moves and Kano's choke. Armor in this game isn't needed.
  • Player 1 priority gone...In other words ADD TRADING!!!!!
  • Input bug fixed. IF cannot be fixed then change everyone's standing 3 and 4's to actual poke like moves rather than stupid looking kicks. In other words everyones 3 and 4 would look like standing kicks from SF where they can be used as pokes. This will make 3's and 4's safe so if this were to happen then input bug wouldn't matter as much.
  • Temporarily Hire THTB so he can show you how to fix Cyrax's guaranteed resets.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
They need to fix stuff that actually matters, not Sub-Zero's ice clone or iceball (can't believe people needed to know whether I was trolling or not).

My personal wishlist:

Fix the blockstun and all random advantage stuff. Remove the damage exploits, input bugs, negative edge, etc. negative edge is really silly. You shouldn't get an ice puddle when you're trying to do a d3 with Sub-Zero. I mean, ice puddle is just about the worst special in the game and it's simply wonderful when ice puddle comes out due to negative edge on a d3. I know Cyrax has some issues here, too.

As far as individual characters are concerned, apart from removing all the damage exploits, so Jax, Cyrax, Smoke, I'd like to see some nerfs to Kabal's iagb zoning and Jax and Sonya's safe armour. -3 on ex cartwheel is irrelevant when you can iadivekick someone into a full combo for trying to pressure reversal, and Jax being able to throw armour out and be completely safe on block is retarded. You can't be that safe on everything whi;le having a decent projectile, gp cancels, great blockstring and poke pressure against normal hitboxes, insane oki and so on. The 100% plus corner combos when Jax's safe armour acts as a corner reversal should really go without saying. Some of the dumbest stuff I have seen in a video game.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Inherit GGPO instead of Gamespy.
Just a heads up, GameSpy has nothing to do with the netcode. They only power the online lobbies, as well as the ranking.

Also, Jax has all that shit, but rarely threatens you for more than 30% midscreen, and his pressure isn't that insane. The 100% corner combos, tbh, are the only things that need to go. The armor is annoying as hell, but considering that using it considerably reduces his corner damage as a result, he still isn't going to be blowing it every second. And iaDK after EX cartwheel is all a mixup off of good reads. If your read's off, you're pretty fucked.

iaGB is ridiculous, but not even I want to actually nerf it to the ground. At the most, I'd just reduce the damage to like 5%.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I'm pretty sure it doesn't. GameSpy in MK is just the matchmaking service.
Hmm. Borderlands uses Gamespy as well on PSN and it's HORRIBLE. It has single-handedly the worst voice chat integration I have ever experienced in a game. You get roughly a 15-20 second delay, you hear nothing, or everyone sounds like chipmunks. You have to use Skype to communicate with friends, it's that bad.

SMH...I could say a ton of shit that would be very disrespectful and very blunt towards this community and this fucking game. But you know what. I'm not.

Fine, close this thread. And leave this retarded ass game the way it is. Or have NRS create another fucking patch that'll probably make this game more worse anyways. Cause clearly they are good at that.

And to whoever said "fuck you" to me, you can rot in the deepest part of hell. Stay mediocre in this shitty game, while i level up in fighting games that make sense.

THIS GAME IS SCUBBY AS FUCK!

Wake ups costing meter is the most retarded change this game would have, a knockdown and another jumping punch for free and 50/50 situations? bring it on NRS, please READ.
This thread should be deleted, it makes no sense, if your character sux change characters if you still lose you are the one who sux no your characters, do yourself a favor and instead of whining and having headaches just quit the game.
NRS developers know how to do a balance job better than anyof us, asking for buffs for your chars and nerfs for others is a little selfish, adapt and improve, or change chars and stop crying.
have a good day!!

You WILL NEVER EVER place as high as I did at a tournament with Sheeva. So you can kiss my ass!

I'm tired of you fucking people calling me a scrub. When NONE of you deal with half the shit I have to go through with my fucking character.

YOU NEED IT! -_-

GNG Iniquity

SMH...I could say a ton of shit that would be very disrespectful and very blunt towards this community and this fucking game. But you know what. I'm not.

Fine, close this thread. And leave this retarded ass game the way it is. Or have NRS create another fucking patch that'll probably make this game more worse anyways. Cause clearly they are good at that.

And to whoever said "fuck you" to me, you can rot in the deepest part of hell. Stay mediocre in this shitty game, while i level up in fighting games that make sense.
C'mon Digi, you're a funny guy. You know people like you. You just gotta avoid online my man, it's awful, HORRENDOUS! Lemme know if you wanna get some games in on SCV one of these days though, that netcode isn't too bad lol :)

MK just requires taking the game with a grain of salt (I know; ironic, it's not intentional I swear!) I don't think you're a dumb guy or anything to that degree. You get wake ups in SCV too for instance, but you can side step and punish and a various other amount of options, it's on a 3D plane though so you just simply have more options. MK as it is now, minus the glitches, wonky ass engine, piss ass trainer and awful netcode on PS3 is probably as good as it's going to get until UMK9 or MK10. It just is what it is for now.

I do encourage you to spend some more time playing SCV though, that game is certainly more enjoyable online, MK has a great community and is a lot of fun offline but it's just trash online (on PS3 anyways).

AU_IM_DIGIMON
Everyone mostly agrees that this game has problems. It's just that most of the stuff on your list doesn't make sense and would fundamentaly change how it is played. Half those changes would turn this into Jc vs. Jc at every tournament.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Maybe you'll get lucky and shinnok won't be horribly low tier in MK10.

They need to straight up redesign sheeva for the next game, they tried to make her a grappler archetype, but MK's system mechanics don't really support that type of character so she just feels half assed. Not to mention they had to shoe horn her old moves in, like her fireball and telestomp, so she had to also be balanced around those. Right now shes just kind of a cluster fuck, and bandaid patches aren't going to fix her.

Espio

Kokomo
Nobody has to agree with Digi, but could people stop flaming over it? I mean seriously telling him to fuck off for his opinion and make snobby remarks isn't necessary.

I don't agree with everything he said, but I agree with some of it and I voiced my disagreement without being obnoxious and rude, it's not hard.

Also to add onto this..I'm very tired of seeing people tell Digi that if he hates the game to just leave...you guys don't have a clue how dedicated he is, he gave away money and hosted a stream to support community involvement and he attends majors to support this game.

Anybody who has the nerve to accuse someone who does that of hating the game is being unreasonable. He complains because he cares.

GNG Iniquity

I agree with Espio872 entirely. Regardless of if you agree with AU_IM_DIGIMON or not, he still deserves your respect. He's done a lot for this game, supports the scene, and gave his own money away while putting up with online (which I know how much he hates AND I DON'T BLAME HIM! lol)

Fact is, the people who're flaming him and being assholes likely haven't done anything even remotely comparable for this game that Digi has. So stop being dicks to him. Kthx.

ryublaze

Noob
Online Changes:

- Better netcode
- Fix PS3's online connection bug (everyone has 4 green circles)
- Either have a message of the day or get rid of it
- Since they're done releasing DLC, remove the Checking for Online Features option
- In online lobbies, make Options button Square instead of Triangle (I always accidently ignore players who challenge me :( )
- Private rooms (may require password)
- More things to do while waiting in a KoTH (chat room, training mode)
- Anyone can invite someone to a private KoTH (can change options to private, open, etc.)
- Alt costumes for KoTH avatars
- KoTH points system changed
- Test Your Luck matches that don't affect your record
- DLC comp packs mandatory
- Players alternate P1 and P2 side after every match
- Allow tag matches for 4 online players
- Save recent matches into video so you can watch them
- Increase message wait time so people don't spam chatrooms

NO!

I feel players should be rewarded for good offense/momentum. I shouldn't be fearful of a scrubby ass wake up attack (with invincibility). When in truth, it should be the OTHER way around, where my opponent has to deal with or guess my oki.

Especially dealing vs. zone heavy characters like Sindel, Kabal, Freddy, Kang, Reptile, Subz, Sektor, Cyrax, ect.

If you played a character like Sheeva, you'd WISH knock downs meant something in this game
man .. they can't do this .. its like saying " add an enhance throw to the game " !! I don't know how to explain it but, it just doesn't make sense .. sorry :oops:
and I play sheeva !
man a good sheeva makes ppl don't wanna use wake ups against her ( use the stomp wisely )

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I'm tired of you fucking people calling me a scrub. When NONE of you deal with half the shit I have to go through with my fucking character.

YOU NEED IT! -_-
Just play another character if winning is important to you. If you enjoy playing sheeva enough to deal with all the bullshit more power to you.

Edit

If they could patch the netcode that would be amazing. As it stands now I think the online is pretty unplayable. Anything over a few frames of input delay is pretty bad and MK on average has way more than a few frames of lag. I don't know why the netplay is so bad compared to other games, especially after hyping up how good the netcode was going to be before MK came out.

Kabal:

- Remove the ability to nomad dash as a wake up.
- Kabal takes double damage for absorbing an attack with the armor on enhanced nomad dash. Example: 8% projectile would do 16% instead.
- Remove the active hitbox on saw blade when it is behind Kabal's character model.
- Delay the cancel frames on 2 when linking a special.
- Air gas blasts do 4.5% damage on hit and do 1% chip on block instead of 2%. Basically have the damage reduced by half.
- f+4 reset grounding air borne opponents removed. Give the stun to Stryker's 3 or something.
Wow, reo that is very noble of you, but this may be a bit extreme.