What's new

If you could balance patch MK9, what would you do? (NRS PLEASE READ!!!)

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
::Kano::
- Remove the charge from EN Ball.
- Choke and EN Choke hit mid (not overhead)
- 1 hit of armor on EN Choke
- B2 reduced to 20 frames (from 23)
- EN Knife on grounded opponent like Quan Chi's EN Skull, Allowing jip followups

wakeup attacks need to stay, you dont want this game to turn into street fighter where a knock down is basically your death. in mk. resets like f4 and nutpunch are good, in street fighter hard knockdowns are good.

chip damage needs to stay I love that. kabal, johnny and sonya need some nerfing, scorpion, subzero need some buffs. did I just see a subzero nerf there...

NKZero

Noob
take away SAFE armor. punishable armor is okay imo, just dont give it out like candy to characters who dont need it example smoke, sektor sonya
Sektor doesn't have armour? I don't know much about Smoke but I'm sure he doesn't...perhaps I'm wrong on that one...

AU_IM_DIGIMON Am I the only one who thinks that NRS should've let Sub-Zero keep his Ice Puddle reset? I mean, it cost meter to do it. lol
Instead of making it a reset, they should have made the ex puddle combo, so it wouldnt give you 50% but 45% or something? also they need to give that b2 non guaranteed reset work against armor. ex freeze needs to freeze opponent if it already came out. and give him a normal d1. then I will really start playing him. its a shame if subzero only was a bit better, I would have made him my second.

and if meter was used for a wakeup move,a ex wakeup would cost two bars? GTFO
I said it'd be 1 bar of meter REGARDLESS if it was an enhanced move or not.

Don't u think this is too much ?
NO!

I feel players should be rewarded for good offense/momentum. I shouldn't be fearful of a scrubby ass wake up attack (with invincibility). When in truth, it should be the OTHER way around, where my opponent has to deal with or guess my oki.

Especially dealing vs. zone heavy characters like Sindel, Kabal, Freddy, Kang, Reptile, Subz, Sektor, Cyrax, ect.

If you played a character like Sheeva, you'd WISH knock downs meant something in this game. :(
btw what do you mean with jc's f3 needs better recovery... it is 0 on block, you want it to be + on block?:(
Is this addressed to me?

What I said was for f+3 to have more recovery...like in terms it takes longer for JC to be able to recover after doing the move.

Bottom line about wake ups in this game...

is that it really kills the aggression this game should be about. But if it cost meter, then I'd be all for it, because it ADDS to the meter management this game should all be about.

But I suppose if free wake ups ABSOLUTELY HAD to be in this game, for whatever reason, then....IMO they should 100% have ZERO invincibility.

So then a character like Sheeva could be rewarded for knock downs (I don't think you folks realize how difficult it is to have to block all day -__- especially vs. players who KNOW THE SHEEVA MATCH UP ), unless opponent has meter and then has to worry about a wake up attack that has armor/extensive properties.

But digi, doesn't the "free wake ups (with invincibility)" help Sheeva?

Sure it does, I suppose. But doesn't mean I want it in the game. I'd rather have absolute oki after a knock down.

Flagg

Noob
AU_IM_DIGIMON, are you saying a normal wake up attack should cost 1 bar or that only ex specials should have invincibility on wake up?

I dont want to beat a dead horse, BUT...if you suspect that a person will wake up, bait and punish...you can be sure they wont be in a hurry to wake up the next time you knock them down.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
uhm that is really exclusive to some characters most characters need meter for real wakeup attacks

but yeah wakeup attacks need to be the same
Are we talking sf or mk here? I was just using an example. Its basically the same thing. If someone dp's you on wakeup NOTHING you do will beat it out. Hell you can be dp'd out of an ultra when its not even a wakeup attack. I'm glad they normalized the wakeup attacks in this game. I would get so pissed when it would say "wakeup attack" but on the screen I'm getting my ass kicked. lol As for your statement, the same can be applied to 360 grabs....and now that I think about it, ALOT of characters in sf have dp's or dp-like moves.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
so your sugguesting the wakeup changes just so it will help your main out?
u want to change game mechinanics just to suit your style of play?

and if a enhanced move on wakeup cost a bar why would you ever do a non ex wakeup??
and why would u spend the meter at all if you all invin frames are taken away from the wakeup game,
even if the "one meter wakeups" did get the invin frames like i said eariler why would u ever not do a ex wakeup, and dont alot of chars do ex wakeups,sonya kabal etc so it wouldnt change there wakeup game but it does everyone elses, i really dont think youve thought about this enough

this game ALREADY rewards the aggressor, but from the way your talking it seems as u dont want to worry about making reads you just want to be able to go on the attack 100% of the time without any risk,? that's BS man
there not "free" as u keep saying either if u dont do the wakeup attack at right time u wont get the invince frames,
theyd be "free" is someone is auto pilot pressuring like a fool,not respecting the game there playing mechinanics

and of the chars you mentioned there all but subs slide,cyrax's air anti and reptiles dash can be beaten out after the frames ware off,12 frames or more and it can be hit out or again as i mentioned before,block

with all the stuff with meter drain,input bug etc etc u want to change a part of the games that works as it should and adds depth to gameplay sorry but thats a big no from me,and alot of other people id say

so im summary,nay.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
This is something for CSZ, and later, Human Sub Zero.

Make his :ex Slide armoured, but allow another slide to combo after it. (after the F4 animation once the opponent flips to the other slide)

This means, the move itself is still un-safe, its not over-powered, and its not a pointless use of armour as the second slide gives you the knockdown.

:ex slide having armour will do nothing, as it will not fix anything, the opponent will still get away, unless NRS allow the second slide.

The second slide wouldn't be about damage, it would be about the knockdown, it could do 3% extra for all I care, its about the purpose of the move.

Human sub zero should get the same treatment, allow another slide to chained in, his 21 (2) animation is already there after his :ex slide, so why not?

I know human Sub Zero's :ex slide is a defensive tool, not an attacking tool, but its there for the taking by NRS.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
No offense to you or your thread man but fuck you and your retarded ass thread. Didn't know you were such a scrub to not know how to avoid subs ice clones. Kabal its fine, zoning is fucking hard as its and you want to remove it lol.... And this is coming from a sub player.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
You dude have some serious problem with Wakeup attacks lol.

They've always been there since MK3 i guess, the difference is that now every single character have it, not only the ninjas, raiden and mileena to name a few.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Subzero

Give the reset back
2 hits mid
ice beam doesnt get stuffed midscreen

Ermac

F4 combos to force push
U3 combos to force push
EX teleport -10 on block

Reptile
blocked dash gets an additional 5- frames.
Spit has 4 less recovery frames

Noob
-7 recovery for his zoning game
way less ghostball startup,way more recovery time
20% damage buff,full combo punish is now 31%

Scorpion
d3 +1 on hit
d4 +8 on hit

Quan chi
6f d1 +0 on hit
1 hits mid
trance steals same amount of meter he builds from it.

Kano
a fuzzy guardable fast overhead
old knives
ex upball gives frame advantage and allows more pressure

Baraka
Armour on ex chop chop
EX blade charge hard knockdown and lessen distance created.

Kabal
remove the weird hitbox on saw that allows him to not get hit by some moves.

all i can think of right now.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
It really makes a lot of sense to nerf Sub-Zero. I agree with Digimon - Sub-Zero should not have an ice clone because it's very annoying when you think he will do something else but he clones and you jump right into it.

Eliminating meterless wake UPS is the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Jc would win every match.

Don't like getting blown up by wake ups? TRY THE BLOCK BUTTON. It's a risk/reward situation when you go for wake ups.

Oh and the old dash system was ridiculous. The game might as well of had s run button. Goodbye any zoning. Again, Jc would win every match.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
* You may NO LONGER be able to dial out combos (before the combo actually finishes). You must press the attacks in sequence, timing will be more strict.
Is there any reason why they prefer to do it this way? Its one of the few things that I really don't like about the game, its obviously not a deal breaker or anything, but I would prefer it to not exist. If they changed it though, it would probably fuck with a balance a bit, would make hit confirming attacks far easier.

Just wish I could get paulo to give a detailed response to some of there the decisions behind game systems. Dude needs to like do A Q&A session one of these days on here.