What's new

If you could balance patch MK9, what would you do? (NRS PLEASE READ!!!)

M2Dave

Zoning Master
AU_IM_DIGIMON, no offense, but those changes are terrible. No invincibility on wake up unless you use EX special moves? As Mr. Mileena said, if you get cornered by Sonya (or Cage and Jax for that matter) and have no meter, you may as well put your stick/pad on the floor because the fight is over.

I would tone down few characters. I dislike nerfs because they make fighting games boring. Besides, the characters with the least nerfs become the best, so nothing is accomplished. I would only tone down Kabal's 2 xx NDC block advantage to prevent partial block infinite combos. If I decided to remove Cyrax's, Jax's, and Smoke's resets, I would provide buffs for each character. No character in the top 10 gets buffs, though.

How about some suggestions that actually make a difference?

Kano

- revert old knife toss

- revert up ball start up to 7 frames (but recovery is the same on block and whiff)

- horizontal and aerial ball are performed by b,f+4

- faster overhead (b+2)

- ability to "steer" EX up ball similar to Blanka's EX up ball

Scorpion

- d+4 is +12 on hit (like all other d+4s)

- less recovery frames on whiffed spears

- EX spear has the same hitbox as Sonya's EX cartwheel; it hits all crouching characters, including Mileena's d+4

- EX spear can be canceled to retain armor and advance forward (a la Rain's EX superkick)

- EX hellfire is +3 on hit

I am NOT going back on what I said about wake ups. -_-

And what I said was, "unless you use meter". Wake ups should never be free. Maybe NRS could tweak it so you use maybe 15% meter. It's either that...or NO WAKE UP HAS ANY INVINCIBLE PROPERTIES PERIOD.

But I appreciate the Kano/Scorpion feedback.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
I honestly believe the damage output for most characters in MK9 is kinda wonky. But it is what it is I suppose....that needs to be addressed too imo.
I agree. Look at the damage output on characters like Cyrax, Kitana, Ermac, Sonya and Cage's frametrap lockdown including chip damage. Then look compare the damage output to characters like Sheeva B2/Low Grab, Sindel, Jade, Noob Saibot which are very situational and too low for high level play so they could all use a damage buff and along with faster better normals.

Onefive

Noob
I like the respect invincible wake ups offer.

As a sub zero player I would like to see his en freeze continue after he's been hit.

Delriach

Sindelly
I would like some form of armor for Sindel. I don't really care which move gets it. They could make EX hairwhip useful though. That move has no purpose. Scream and ex scream are self explanatory. Hairwhip has its uses as well. Cartwheel is obvious and EX cartwheel can change positioning. But what does the ex hairwhip do? *giant shrug*

I agree with the b1 damage scaling. She was hit with that several months ago for no real reason. It's not too bad now (excluding the Vita BS) but a few extra points of damage wouldn't hurt.

I would love if they could fix the random glitch with the EX low fireball. Sometimes it hits once and then a phantom fireball will hit the opponent again. lol, I won a tournament match recently because of it. Medina was so salty.

I would also like them to fix the damn levitate glitch where she can't throw a single fireball for some reason. It tends to happen if you press up again or hold it for just a second too long. I don't understand it. It actually happens more frequently now since that last patch in October. It sucks. I know the situations where I can actually use the levitate fireballs and be relatively safe. But when that glitch happens everything changes. I don't really want to not use it. I rather it just not mess up. That's not too much to ask for.

EX Hair Whip has additional hits.

I really dislike that NRS answer to deal with most things is to give characters armor this armor that.

But Sheeva needed it LMFAO!

m2dave I agree with a few of the Scorpion buffs, but regular hellfire should be +7 on hit. Also, he needs a normal that can be a good footsies tool, that's why f3 should startup at 9 frames and hit twice.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
How about some suggestions that actually make a difference?

Kano

- revert old knife toss

- revert up ball start up to 7 frames (but recovery is the same on block and whiff)

- horizontal and aerial ball are performed by b,f+4

- faster overhead (b+2)

- ability to "steer" EX up ball similar to Blanka's EX up ball

Scorpion

- d+4 is +12 on hit (like all other d+4s)

- less recovery frames on whiffed spears

- EX spear has the same hitbox as Sonya's EX cartwheel; it hits all crouching characters, including Mileena's d+4

- EX spear can be canceled to retain armor and advance forward (a la Rain's EX superkick)

- EX hellfire is +3 on hit
These are some really interesting changes. I don't think Scorpion should be THAT buffed, but at least one of the last 3 (while the first 2 are givens) I would like to see happen. Kano idk about the input change for ball... yeah it's weird for MK but i've never had problems doing it.

I would like some form of armor for Sindel. I don't really care which move gets it. They could make EX hairwhip useful though. That move has no purpose. Scream and ex scream are self explanatory. Hairwhip has its uses as well. Cartwheel is obvious and EX cartwheel can change positioning. But what does the ex hairwhip do? *giant shrug*

I agree with the b1 damage scaling. She was hit with that several months ago for no real reason. It's not too bad now (excluding the Vita BS) but a few extra points of damage wouldn't hurt.

I would love if they could fix the random glitch with the EX low fireball. Sometimes it hits once and then a phantom fireball will hit the opponent again. lol, I won a tournament match recently because of it. Medina was so salty.

I would also like them to fix the damn levitate glitch where she can't throw a single fireball for some reason. It tends to happen if you press up again or hold it for just a second too long. I don't understand it. It actually happens more frequently now since that last patch in October. It sucks. I know the situations where I can actually use the levitate fireballs and be relatively safe. But when that glitch happens everything changes. I don't really want to not use it. I rather it just not mess up. That's not too much to ask for.
imo what would make sindel top would be

- Armor on ex yell
- D4 like Mileena's
- Bigger hitbox, faster startup, and less recovery on her U+4
- Remove the immense scaling on B1

Optional
-Her standing 4 is 9 frames
-Reduce her hitbox size to that of Kitana or so.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
The objective way to look at the wakeup attack argument is this... it has not caused issues in the game. It might be something some people don't like, but it's not a bug and not something that needs to be fixed for competitive play, such as hitbox issues. It's really just a preference of game mechanics. That's why I don't think it should be touched. If it were to happen, it should wait until mk10.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Hair Whip should be safe on block with pushback like Jade's Staff Grab. It doesn't make sense seeing the animation of her hair going through her opponent. Ex Hair Whip is useful to close rounds, it can't be parried like on Smoke/Liu Kang/CSZ. Also, if your opponent has a Breaker available during her combo time you can substitute Hair Whip (even Ex) to get additional damage and it swaps her position. Armor on Ex Scream is good for a combo starter, armor on her Ex Cartwheel will help her escape being pressured and get her out of corners but either one is good so it doesn't matter to me.

Delriach

Sindelly
imo what would make sindel top would be

- Armor on ex yell
- D4 like Mileena's
- Bigger hitbox, faster startup, and less recovery on her U+4
- Remove the immense scaling on B1

Optional
-Her standing 4 is 9 frames
-Reduce her hitbox size to that of Kitana or so.
It would be great if her U4 had faster startup and less recovery. I would use it a hell of a lot more if that were the case. Armor on ex scream seems like overkill everytime I think about it. I would love it no doubt, but that is kinda pushing it in terms of awesomeness. No complaints here if she were to get it :p

Standing 4 would be 9 and 4,4 stays the same? or would 4, 4 change as well? Cause man, a 9 frame 4,4 would be pretty freaking awesome.

Hair Whip should be safe on block with pushback like Jade's Staff Grab. It doesn't make sense seeing the animation of her hair going through her opponent. Ex Hair Whip is useful to close rounds, it can't be parried like on Smoke/Liu Kang/CSZ. Also, if your opponent has a Breaker available during her combo time you can substitute Hair Whip (even Ex) to get additional damage and it swaps her position. Armor on Ex Scream is good for a combo starter, armor on her Ex Cartwheel will help her escape being pressured and get her out of corners but either one is good so it doesn't matter to me.
I try not to request too much when it comes to Sindel since she only seems to get nerfed lol. The extra damage off an ex hairwhip is so miniscule though. A naked one does 13% vs 11%. b3f2 scream, jip, b3f2 f12 ex hairwhip does 38% damage. If you use a normal hairwhip it does 37% damage. There are better ways to waste meter :p

M2Dave

Zoning Master
m2dave I agree with all the Scorpion buffs, but regular hellfire should be +7 on hit. Also, he needs a normal that can be a good footsies tool, that's why f3 should startup at 9 frames and hit twice.
No.

+7 would result in strong 50/50 mix ups that were once part of MKD and MKA. Basically, if regular hellfire were +7 on hit, you could hellfire again (+7) or jab if opponent jumps (which leads to a juggle). Finish the combo in hellfire. Rinse and repeat.

Braindead.

It would be great if her U4 had faster startup and less recovery. I would use it a hell of a lot more if that were the case. Armor on ex scream seems like overkill everytime I think about it. I would love it no doubt, but that is kinda pushing it in terms of awesomeness. No complaints here if she were to get it :p

Standing 4 would be 9 and 4,4 stays the same? or would 4, 4 change as well? Cause man, a 9 frame 4,4 would be pretty freaking awesome.
4,4 would be the same, but if they block it, we tend to always end with air fireball from the second 4.

I think a 9 frame standing for would be legit imo. because her standing 1 can only link with ex yell for a 30%+ damaging combo.

her u+4, in concept, is one of the best anti airs in the game, but its too slow and punishable at times, and sometimes the hitbox is blah on it

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Do dragon punch wakeups cost meter in sf? Wakeup attacks aren't only in this game you know...

Spletty

Grandmaster
The only changes id make are to kabal.
Faster recovery on iagb
Make 2ndc an easier true block infinite
Double the meter build from all moves
Super armor all the time
Lower his hitbox
Faster uppercut
A teleport

Not asking for much...

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

No.

+7 would result in strong 50/50 mix ups that were once part of MKD and MKA. Basically, if regular hellfire were +7 on hit, you could hellfire again (+7) or jab if opponent jumps (which leads to a juggle). Finish the combo in hellfire. Rinse and repeat.

Braindead.
True, I understand. I just don't agree with it being neutral you know? He needs a special that can make is footsie game better. I never played fighting games competitively until SF4 btw lol. :D

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
I try not to request too much when it comes to Sindel since she only seems to get nerfed lol. The extra damage off an ex hairwhip is so miniscule though. A naked one does 13% vs 11%. b3f2 scream, jip, b3f2 f12 ex hairwhip does 38% damage. If you use a normal hairwhip it does 37% damage. There are better ways to waste meter :p
Haha true. It's just me, I just like hearing the sound of her Ex Hair Whip as she tosses them back an forth.

DeathTouch

Iceman
If you want kitana's otg gone, Sonya's 4 otg's, Jade's 4, 3, 12, d3, d4, otg's off a b2, nightwolf's f3 otgs, sindel's fireballs otg, skarlets down knives otg, etc, either keep them all or eliminate them all.
and kung lao's roll. there are so many OTGs

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Skarlet
- Up Slash should have fast start up frames and be neutral on block but whiffed on crouch
- Daggers hitbox should be slightly enlarged
- Red Dash followups should be activacted on 2 frames startup, without meter she doesn't have a decent wakeup wich is shit if someone decides to rushdown like a b***.
- F4 should be 10 frames

Flagg

Noob
Some characters and what they need:

Kano: address his normals and specials. Far too many of them are negative on block, including his choke. I cannot believe this was ever intentional. Maybe make his choke hit mid.

CSZ: either give him a faster teleport or armour on ex ice beam. I dont get this obsession with armour on ex slide. All that would give you is a safe move through a zoner, but you end up kicking them back to the other side of the screen. Pointless.

Sindel: Her ex hair grab is next to useless and does a whopping 1-2% extra damage. It has no extra range. Either do something viable with this (like massive range), or give her armour on ex scream (as this would help with her defensive game).

Jade: Improve her meter building, give her old U3 back.

Sheeva: Improve what she can punish with low grab. How is it she cannot grab a blocked low slide and other shenanigans? You dont want to do too much with her, she has good damage, tons of armour...anything more and she'd become broke.

The above are just based on characters i've personally used.

I'm not one for demanding nerfs, but Kabal should never be able to machine gun iagb like he can. Either increase the recovery on those things or change the property that they can only hit characters in the air. Get rid of Cages stupid random advantage and the stupid resets like Cyrax, Smoke and Jax.

As for this wakeup debate, maybe only give some moves invincibility frames. I mean, I can be playing Baraka vs Scorpion, the Scorpion player has me down to my last pixel, knocks me down, does a hellfire from full screen but....I can wake up spin and avoid kill damage.

I also find it weird how some moves act. How is NW and Ermacs F3/B3 (respectively) not low attacks but high attacks. They clearly both hit the foot of the opponent. Kano is a good example of how his normals that hit mid and low should look. It's like NRS were a bit lazy and thought "shit, we dont have a mid hitting move for this guy....uh, yeah, just make it that normal. No one will care".

Do something about the buffer system. I hate dialing something in and halfway through, the combo changes because I did df before the string complete. This happens with Skarlets F212, 2+1, red dash up slash a lot. Sometimes after the F21, she goes into up slash. The buffer/dial a combo system seem at odds with each other.

Improve the online. Online will never be perfect, but there are fighters out there with superior netcode to MK 9. Poor netcode lost the game a lot of players.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Ermac changes i would like to see.

B3 being an overhead or a low hit, which could improve greatly his mixups up close. F4 on hit linking to lift OR if that would be too much then make it safe against all characters, It being punished by full combo by many characters is ridiculus judging from the mixups Ermac has when F4 hits and judging from the dmg it does. Also U4 should be slightly faster.