What's new

General/Other - Scorpion (Old) Scorpion Pre-Release General Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
HOLY SHIT HELLFIRE SCORPION FEELS FAST REAAAALY FAST

on a serious note then, from 3 days at E3 this is what i can assume up a bit.

Ninjustsu - Sword attacks, adds more range on his normals and possibly more damage (needs more info)
Hellfire - Faster Speed, has a fake out teleport just to move between sides and whiff punish, can set himself on fire and throw projectiles. x-ray comes from the back
Inferno - Counter(Zoning) summon lots of demons almost anywhere in the screen, normal tele doesn't track, X-Ray comes from front.

Universal moves
Spear, Teleport, (probably leg takedown too)

Man, i'm dividided between styles, but this is defeinitely day 1 main, both of his styles shown got me thinking in the possibilties, WTF

FOXSOLID

Noob
HOLY SHIT HELLFIRE SCORPION FEELS FAST REAAAALY FAST

on a serious note then, from 3 days at E3 this is what i can assume up a bit.

Ninjustsu - Sword attacks, adds more range on his normals and possibly more damage (needs more info)
Hellfire - Faster Speed, has a fake out teleport just to move between sides and whiff punish, can set himself on fire and throw projectiles. x-ray comes from the back
Inferno - Counter(Zoning) summon lots of demons almost anywhere in the screen, normal tele doesn't track, X-Ray comes from front.

Universal moves
Spear, Teleport, (probably leg takedown too)

Man, i'm dividided between styles, but this is defeinitely day 1 main, both of his styles shown got me thinking in the possibilties, WTF
Right now I'm really sold on inferno.

I think his teleports are all universal as well.

Btw, did you see anything I didn't with Hellfire Scorpion? I'm on a phone right now and it's a pain to view videos at the moment.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Right now I'm really sold on inferno.

I think his teleports are all universal as well.

Btw, did you see anything I didn't with Hellfire Scorpion? I'm on a phone right now and it's a pain to view videos at the moment.
Teleport kick is universal yes, but i do believe the fake out is a propriety change exclusive for Hellfire, as the Hellish Spear might be a exclusive change for Inferno.
Also, Hellfire seems to have faster mobility, feels a lot like Pre-Patch scorpion from Injustice which was hard to tell where the hell is he and what he is doing, you can cancel run into fake tele without necessarily move to the other side, just to open some space between and bait stuffs up.

Also in both versions the direction where the X-Ray comes from changes, in Hellfire it comes from behind, in Inferno comes from front, i do believe that in Ninjutsu it might be like in MK9 where he goes from botton straight to hell.

he is insane.

FOXSOLID

Noob
Teleport kick is universal yes, but i do believe the fake out is a propriety change exclusive for Hellfire, as the Hellish Spear might be a exclusive change for Inferno.
Also, Hellfire seems to have faster mobility, feels a lot like Pre-Patch scorpion from Injustice which was hard to tell where the hell is he and what he is doing, you can cancel run into fake tele without necessarily move to the other side, just to open some space between and bait stuffs up.

Also in both versions the direction where the X-Ray comes from changes, in Hellfire it comes from behind, in Inferno comes from front, i do believe that in Ninjutsu it might be like in MK9 where he goes from botton straight to hell.

he is insane.
Wow....if this is all true......I don't even.....this game can't arrive any sooner. That is all.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Hellfire Scorpion's X-Ray starts with him teleporting and hitting you from the back, like MK9. But Inferno Scorpion's X-Ray starts with him doing a forward Superman punch-like attack.

Check it out; Hellfire Scorpion's X-Ray at 10:23 here

Inferno X-Ray at 1:37 here

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
A second spear in the same combo works as an ender where he finishes with an uppercut instead of the knockdown drag from mk9

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Boon seems to be particularly fond of that Scorpion D this time around. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being top tier.

JDM

Noob
So, which one looks the most interesting to you guys? I'll probably try out ninjitsu first as I think it's going to be the most well rounded one. Probably the best normals and highest damaging combos.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So, which one looks the most interesting to you guys? I'll probably try out ninjitsu first as I think it's going to be the most well rounded one. Probably the best normals and highest damaging combos.

All Scorpion options so far look pretty versatile and very good, i've been breaking it down, just look in this same forum, you might change your mind

Boon seems to be particularly fond of that Scorpion D this time around. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being top tier.
According to the supposedly leaked information, NRS are using Scorpion to balance the rest of the cast, which would mean Scorpion should end up being mid-tier.

Having said that, rarely does a character end up just how a developer intended.

Woo no more shitty low-tier Scorpion?

Back to the old days.
Haha we will see. A lot of people thought Cyber Sub was going to be S tier early on. Its easy to look good in early reveals. This game will have Kano-level effectiveness and Kabal and Sonya type BS its just hoping your favorite char gets the good stuff

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Hellfire Scorpion's X-Ray starts with him teleporting and hitting you from the back, like MK9. But Inferno Scorpion's X-Ray starts with him doing a forward Superman punch-like attack.

Check it out; Hellfire Scorpion's X-Ray at 10:23 here

Inferno X-Ray at 1:37 here
Well this is caused by inputs as it seems, here's a note from the notes The Kombat Tether shared on their Facebook page:

L2+R2=Xray
Default sends Scorp flying at opponent. Holding Back before releasing causes him to teleport and attack with the Xray from behind!

Status
Not open for further replies.