What's new

I got lost in the road of life.. MK9. FINNS this is for you.

Hi MK9:ers!!
Im very aware of the situation in Finlands MK9 scene and I want to try give it a little boost with this thread! Hopefully with some success. Fingers crossed.
Problem:
Im sad to say that MK9 is dead in Finland as far as i know. Not a single "major" local tournament picks our beloved game and there are many things that we can blame it on. Fact is that we have the players in here to make an active scene like they have in US. We just need to find one another. My opinion is that ONLINE F****up the game it coz of the lagg. <- read Solution
Reaction:
Reaction to this problem ( ONLINE ? ) was that people stopped playing active and moved on to play in casual"MODE", stopped for good or changed to another game. <- read Online
Solution:
As i said in " Problem " we the FINNS need to find one another and make this problem to vanish. How this is gonna happen ? > small local tournaments are the solution and by attending to them we will get noticed by major local tournaments. <- read Tournaments
Online:
Online is a problem thats a fact but imo its playable. Ive played alot against my friends online and its laggless. Ive played online against players from approad with lagg and without. What im trying to say is that you need to pick your opponents to practice with.
Alot of this lagg comes from internet connection > most of it comes from wireless or bad connection ( 1/1 , 2/1 . . . . . ) these small connections are playable but PLS do not use wireless. You may have a laggless connection but if your opponent doesnt endgame will be lagg.
Tournaments:
PTPry is hosting a small MK9-league in PORI, FINLAND. League will be held in three different dates / events; PTP21 ( 26.1.2013 ), PTP22 ( 16.2.2013 ) & Luminyrkki ( 22.3.2013 ) First two tournaments will decide four best players attending to FINALS held in March @ Luminyrkki event. Finals we be streamed online and i will try to upload videos from first two events ( if possible ).
We'v had 10 players in latest tournaments. We also have casual tournaments held in someones aparment and i will announce dates to thos "events" later on. YOU ARE MORE THEN WELCOME TO PLAY WITH US. PM ME IF U ARE INTERESTED OR JUST SHOW UP!
Peace, Love & Mortal Kombat
Links:
www.ptpry.fi PORINTAISTELUPEJAAJAT

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
good stuff man,
if your see your scene dropping off, stand up and do something about it. respect

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
this is good,keep up and make this happen,f@ck online!!!!!!!

Antihero

Noob
I would say I am interested in entering the tourney, been playing since the first day of its release... The only problem is that I'm from Oulu. Nonetheless, this proves that MK community in Finland isn't entirely dead, at least not yet. If it's dead, this thread would never be made.

Well that is a problem.. :) But if u decide to come i have a place to stay for a weekend. Ill be posting the dates for #PTP 22 " Round 2 " to this thread and make a new one ofc.

REMEMBER!! If u missed the "round 1 aka PTP #21" that is not a problem!!! You can play your missed matches in "round 2 aka PTP #22"

Peace!