What's new

Hyper Fighting (MN)

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Presenting HYPER FIGHTING
at the Fantasy Flight Games Center (Roseville, Minnesota)
(https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fantasy-Flight-Games-Event-Center/106990635999629)

I'll be streaming MK9 and Killer Instinct and possibly other games on twitch.tv/johnny2d. Once I find out the second stream info I'll post that as well.

Also, we've lined up a bunch of local artists (All of them are my students, except the top billed artist, Mike Medicinehorse), so please come out to support them as well!

Also, check out the godlike venue! This space is comfortable, designed for gamers, and has excellent food and drink available. Last time we did this I got some great shots of the venue before things got going and things got crazy.

It would be nice to get this on the front page to create some buzz/awareness of the growing MN community! @AK RM Blake @CrimsonShadow @STB Shujinkydink

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
:eek: at that venue!
The venue is owned and operated by Fantasy Flight Games: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ who have their headquarters in Minnesota. They have the large convention room that we use for the game tournaments, but that is actually only half the space. The other half is dedicated to table top games where you can check out any of the Fantasy Flight table top games and play them for free, and then they have a store where you can buy any Fantasy Flight game ever made. It's pretty cool.

Also, this thread needs a shout out to @Rocksteady who is also theHadou on the flier. He is the brains and muscle behind this. I'm just learning how to help where I can :)

That venue looks amazing! Hope you guys get a great turn out and create a scene.
The MN MK scene has been up and down but overall pretty strong. The game was pretty dead at one point so we made a big push to seek out all the local players and rivaled marvel for attendance at one point.

thehadou

Bumbling towards greatness.
Its a great venue, and we're making improvements on it this go round as well. While our MK, INJ, & KI scenes aren't the largest of the local draws they are my personal favorites. We had a thriving MK scene in the early days and I'm hoping MKX's announcement and eventual release brings that back to us. Bare minimum we continue to have a lot of fun with these games, get some quality matches going in the later rounds, and gorge ourselves on the french fries and creme brûlée the venue serves.

Pop those eyes though @STORMS, cause you'd love this place. It took me forever to talk them down to a fair-ish price to let video gaming take over their corporate meeting area, but its wonderful having this kind of breathing room, food, and beer all on hand.

thehadou

Bumbling towards greatness.
The flyer says Food & Drink & Beer right on it in near size 120pt text! I'm not sure how much larger I should've made it. Ha.

The venue is incredible. It is by far the most fun I've had at a tourny, largely due to the atmosphere. It is great to be able to freely move around and check out the games you want to without ever feeling too crowded, which is not a slight at the attendance numbers; it's a testament to how well everything was laid out. Got to meet some new people, including @Dr. Rouse (who needs to see this).

I blame having Surly Furious on hand for one of my poorest showings in MK, but my individual performance took nothing away from the experience. I can't wait for this, I'll b bringing my A game for MK this time! Ryan is going down!!!!

*waves jedi hand at @Johnny2d* U3 does not punish blocked roll.

B Pryme

Noob
Darth arma and storms are posting in the MN thread!!!!! #schoolgirlgiggle :) In all seriousness i cant wait and its the coolest venue i've ever seen!