What's new

Strategy - Hunter Hunter gets castrated cause of HQT.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Hunter was fine except too much dmg. But why the fuck is 3 a high. Yes, HQT only did 32 low laser for easy broken pressure. But now where does hunter stand in mix. How the hell u going trade against someone without a fair mid. 212 blows its unsafe. The rest of the mids are way too slow. This change may make HQT fair but I think there is no reason to play hunter or war. If I'm missing something I'll apologize real fast but someone helpe out here

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Pretty sure most if not all 3's are highs. Same with Standing 1 or 2 (should be anyway... Looking at you Tremor. Oooh wait muahaha).
Please don't remind me what they did to tremor. . . . :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

@Jayroc It's part of the way NRS decides to balance variations and other stuff in the game. I just wish we got some notes saying why to these changes. You'll most likely have to just deal with it in hunter.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Most of all the good strings in the game are mid starters. That is a fact. High starters are very useful but far from the best strings. If u can't hit mid welcome to quan chi d1 hell and cyromancer uppercut city. Pred was too strong but this is a bit much

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
212 mid unsafe. B32 and b322 unsafe and he has no safe cancels. F2 is unusable. You simply cant play him safe and expect to get offense going. If Im wrong someone give us the new strategy. 21 after a poke is the only thing u got left and no I don't want to d3 a hundred times. Sucks bad for tremor too.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Most of all the good strings in the game are mid starters. That is a fact. High starters are very useful but far from the best strings. If u can't hit mid welcome to quan chi d1 hell and cyromancer uppercut city. Pred was too strong but this is a bit much
212 mid unsafe. B32 and b322 unsafe and he has no safe cancels. F2 is unusable. You simply cant play him safe and expect to get offense going. If Im wrong someone give us the new strategy. 21 after a poke is the only thing u got left and no I don't want to d3 a hundred times. Sucks bad for tremor too.
Stop downplaying. You're acting like Tremors useless because they fixed him.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Or you could throw a trap down first and make this unsafe strings safe b/c if they unblock to try to punish... oh look, caught in the trap!

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Hunter was already better than Hish Qu Ten overall. After nerfing them both Hunter still might be better, relax
Alright, I trust you. Hopefully ps4 gets all the updates today. I maybe wrong about all this but pig made a comment about kenshi that was similar to what I'm saying. I prolly shouldn't jump the gun on it. King what does DJT think of tremors 2 now?

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Alright, I trust you. Hopefully ps4 gets all the updates today. I maybe wrong about all this but pig made a comment about kenshi that was similar to what I'm saying. I prolly shouldn't jump the gun on it. King what does DJT think of tremors 2 now?
He thinks Tremor is still really good character overall. You just can't use standing 2 after frame advantage all the time anymore, so you're gonna have to check with d1 sometimes

ForeverKing

if Hunter was better than HQT you'd play hunter.
Untrue. Pre patch I feel Hunter is better because he has better mix ups, super high damage, and good anti zoning to help him get in.

In my opinion pre patch Hunter probably beats HQT in the matchup and was just better overall. I just think HQT is more fun with the cancels.

But now with their nerfs, we'll see who's better. Either way I would probably still use HQT over Hunter even if Hunter was still better

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Untrue. Pre patch I feel Hunter is better because he has better mix ups, super high damage, and good anti zoning to help him get in.

In my opinion pre patch Hunter probably beats HQT in the matchup and was just better overall. I just think HQT is more fun with the cancels.

But now with their nerfs, we'll see who's better. Either way I would probably still use HQT over Hunter even if Hunter was still better
Don't you think being able to make all your main strings plus and easier to hit confirm is SUPER useful though? HQT is much less meter hungry and builds meter much better, and his damage is still high tbh. Not to mention his zoning is super good (At least pre patch). Just curious as to why exactly you think Hunter is better, I'm still not seeing it.

Your HQT was godlike at SummerJam btw, actually convinced me that he was maybe better than Hunter.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
So you have to take a risk to get offense going? I'm so sorry

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
do 21 then?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist

I'm sorry, but the whole TYM knows that you are a tier whore so I'm going to call bullshit on that.

ForeverKing

I'm sorry, but the whole TYM knows that you are a tier whore so I'm going to call bullshit on that.
If you say so. Contrary to popular belief, I don't tier whore as much as you guys think. My mains since day 1 of MKX were Kung Lao and Kung Jin, my favorite characters. They just so happened to be good. You can't say I don't like them and only tier whore, because Kung Lao is my main in basically every MK he's in and I used Kung Jin at Fatal 8 before anyone knew anything about tiers.

Then Predator is just awesome, his dash cancels are super fun. So I'm not necessarily tier whoring, I am using great characters but they just so happened to be characters that I like and be really good. I got lucky

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
If you say so. Contrary to popular belief, I don't tier whore as much as you guys think. My mains since day 1 of MKX were Kung Lao and Kung Jin, my favorite characters. They just so happened to be good. You can't say I don't like them and only tier whore, because Kung Lao is my main in basically every MK he's in and I used Kung Jin at Fatal 8 before anyone knew anything about tiers.

Then Predator is just awesome, his dash cancels are super fun. So I'm not necessarily tier whoring, I am using great characters but they just so happened to be characters that I like and be really good. I got lucky
Bullshit, play warrior