What's new

Human Smoke BnBs/ combos?

HangNail

TrevarThePastor
I'm trying to get into UMK3 and I'm the best with human smoke so far. I have a few combos down but I know there's better for practical use. What are they? Videos would be greatly appreciated.

if you want to know which combos is better for practical use (i mean in vs. matches) try to watch some combos from tournament matches @ youtube.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Basic Juggles: (this is adding 1 hit and about 7% for air throws in damage protected combos and 14% for regular combos since the game does not count them as part of a combo)

1. HK, D+LP, D+HP, aaHP, spear, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, air throw, 10 hits 48%
2. HK, LP, JK, teleport punch, spear, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, air throw 10 hits 53%
3. jump punch starter, HK, LP, teleport punch, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, air throw 10 hits 55%

Advanced Juggles: (Harpoon makes corner combos easier to set up)
1. jump punch start, HK, LP, deep JK, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, aaHP, JK, air throw 11 hits 62%
2. (on male ninjas, Stryker, Sub, Jax, Kano etc) HK, LP, RH, teleport punch, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, aaHP, JK, air throw 11 hits 57%
3. aaRH, teleport punch, aaHP, aaHP, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, aaHP, JK, air throw 11 hits 62%
4. aa(HP,HP), teleport punch miss, aa(HP,HP), spear, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, air throw 11 hits 68%
5. jump punch starter, HK, D+LP, D+HP, spear, Run close to corner if already near, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, JK, air throw, 11 hits 65%
6. aaHP,HP, JK, teleport punch, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, aaHP, JK, air throw 11 hits 68%
7. aaHP, HP, teleport punch whiff, aaHP, JK, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, aaHP, JK, air throw 11 hits 78% (BP)

Corner punishers:
1. (very close to wall) aaHP,HP, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, RH, HK 9 hits 60%
2. (very close to wall) aaHP, RH, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, RH, HK 9 hits 71%
3. (very close to wall) aaRH, harpoon, HK, LP, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, RH, HK 11 hits 72%
4. (half screen distance from wall) aaHP,HP, JK, aaHP, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, RH, JK 11 hits 83%
5. (sweep distance from wall) aaHP,HP, JK, RH, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, RH, HK 11 hits 93%

You can add two HPs before the final JK, air throw to the Robot Ninjas, Jax, and Sub-zero, but it is very difficult to time, and two LPs on male ninjas, adding only 1% to the finished combo.

(taken from the Bibe: http://ultimatemk.com/cguide.php?character=hsmoke&game=umk3arcade)

I am having trouble with hsmoke's HK,D+LP,D+HP launcher. If I start a juggle with it, I can do it everytime it seems, but when I put it near the end of a juggle, then it seems to break a lot. I am using a pad, so the speed of button presses is not ideal, but it seems to break sometimes even when I am tapping quickly. Does anyone know the mechanics of this combo? Any frame information for both(early use or late use) would be great. Is there actually a difference at what point you use it in a combo/juggle? Thanks.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
SOmetimes there's nothing u can do about it online, but my advice is either do it faster, or if it's to that extent online, just use HK,LP...at least you won't drop as much damage by at least still finishing all parts of his combos....even w/ him dishing out 45% he still holds more than a match for most characters. Take w/e linker u can get, just make sure you finish the combo properly...it's more influential to damage awarded.

It seems to be easier online or maybe I have just got a little quicker at the button presses. Thanks for the help.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
It seems to be easier online or maybe I have just got a little quicker at the button presses. Thanks for the help.
Yea, it's not the speed of a normal dial auto-combo....like the speed you do HK,D+LP,D+HP seems superhuman for it to be the correct speed, but make sure ur always punctual and fast- as shit when u do it. If it's not linking no matter what online, just use HK,LP to link.

U drop a combo at the break between HK,D+LP,D+HP and it's only giving u like 30% or so, so improvise w/ HK,LP instead and at least get the second launcher....finishing it w/ an assortment of aaHPs, JK, Air throw, JK/Air Throw, w/e...is up to you...I finish it w/ a simple aaHP,HP, JK most of the time, but the "standard lay-out" is aaHP, .....(runburst)JK/Airthrow.

If you're constantly dropping that 3 hitter online, ur reducing ur overall potential w/ a 2-mistake character to about Scorpion's level. If u can't get it OFFline, it's all you then....just keep trying...press faster.

Defenestrator

I do windows
I've been playing on MKAK recently and on the ladder I've been using this combo:
spear, HK,dLP,dHP, jump punch, teleport punch, spear, repeat.
I've been able to loop it against the AI to win the round (when I don't mess up)
is this an infinite or does it only work on the AI?

HK,D+LP,D+HP needs to be entered in very quickly compared to most combos in order to not break during input. You are not entering it quick enough and it breaks, which means the rest of your combo is short enough not to go past the 4hit spear limit. If you were playing a real person and they held block then you would not be able to do this.
I guess the computer OPPONENT does 'consider' it as a whole combo and that is why it doesn't block in between the gap.

Rule of thumb for infinites is that if you see some HITS and DAMAGE % text appear during the combo, then it is blockable at some point.

So basically it will only work on the AI and players who don't block during that particular combo.

Basic Juggles: (this is adding 1 hit and about 7% for air throws in damage protected combos and 14% for regular combos since the game does not count them as part of a combo)

1. HK, D+LP, D+HP, aaHP, spear, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, air throw, 10 hits 48%
  2. HK, LP, JK, teleport punch, spear, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, air throw 10 hits 53%
  3. jump punch starter, HK, LP, teleport punch, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, air throw 10 hits 55%
Advanced Juggles: (Harpoon makes corner combos easier to set up)
  1. jump punch start, HK, LP, deep JK, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, aaHP, JK, air throw 11 hits 62%
  2. (on male ninjas, Stryker, Sub, Jax, Kano etc) HK, LP, RH, teleport punch, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, aaHP, JK, air throw 11 hits 57%
  3. aaRH, teleport punch, aaHP, aaHP, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, aaHP, JK, air throw 11 hits 62%
  4. aa(HP,HP), teleport punch miss, aa(HP,HP), spear, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, air throw 11 hits 68%
  5. jump punch starter, HK, D+LP, D+HP, spear, Run close to corner if already near, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, JK, air throw, 11 hits 65%
  6. aaHP,HP, JK, teleport punch, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, aaHP, JK, air throw 11 hits 68%
  7. aaHP, HP, teleport punch whiff, aaHP, JK, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, aaHP, JK, air throw 11 hits 78% (BP)
Corner punishers:
  1. (very close to wall) aaHP,HP, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, RH, HK 9 hits 60%
  2. (very close to wall) aaHP, RH, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, RH, HK 9 hits 71%
  3. (very close to wall) aaRH, harpoon, HK, LP, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, RH, HK 11 hits 72%
  4. (half screen distance from wall) aaHP,HP, JK, aaHP, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, RH, JK 11 hits 83%
  5. (sweep distance from wall) aaHP,HP, JK, RH, harpoon, HK, D+LP, D+HP, JK, RH, HK 11 hits 93%

You can add two HPs before the final JK, air throw to the Robot Ninjas, Jax, and Sub-zero, but it is very difficult to time, and two LPs on male ninjas, adding only 1% to the finished combo.

(taken from the Bibe: http://ultimatemk.com/cguide.php?character=hsmoke&game=umk3arcade)