What's new

Question How would the NW community feel about making a massive guide?

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I made a two part NW tutorial on my channel, plus like 50 million different NW videos about different MUs and stuff.

I would help but I'm like 99% sure this guide won't happen. Everybody too busy talking shit and then putting :DOGE after so nobody's feelings get hurt.
I was thinking about you.

I was gonna suggest your tutorial videos and this punishment guide

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I made a two part NW tutorial on my channel, plus like 50 million different NW videos about different MUs and stuff.

I would help but I'm like 99% sure this guide won't happen. Everybody too busy talking shit and then putting :DOGE after so nobody's feelings get hurt.
Truth truth

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
Since I'm 100% sure no one will volunteer for the MU vids, I'll go ahead and pm or send a msg via xbl to the people I know that will be down. Along with the the guys to play our bad mu's..

By the way, I'm not sure what " sawjim " is talking about but, I have full confidence in @WhatTheGrayson and @EMPEROR PRYCE knowledge and dedication in this project. I have pretty much every d1ck on my fl and the ones I have in mind cover all styles of nw/Damien .. Shall we begin?

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Since I'm 100% sure no one will volunteer for the MU vids, I'll go ahead and pm or send a msg via xbl to the people I know that will be down. Along with the the guys to play our bad mu's..

By the way, I'm not sure what " sawjim " is talking about but, I have full confidence in @WhatTheGrayson and @EMPEROR PRYCE knowledge and dedication in this project. I have pretty much every d1ck on my fl and the ones I have in mind cover all styles of nw/Damien .. Shall we begin?
I said I would help if it actually got going, I just doubted it would happen.

The community tried to start a NW guide about 5 months ago also, but nobody got around to starting it. I said I would help then too, but it never happened.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
I said I would help if it actually got going, I just doubted it would happen.

The community tried to start a NW guide about 5 months ago also, but nobody got around to starting it. I said I would help then too, but it never happened.

Those were the old d1cks.. Since i came back to this site, this forum/character community has been thee most active, helpful, and for the most part, most humble group around this joint.. Now we have some/or "A" member that kinda crosses that humble line, but never breaks it.. Im looking forward to this and the MU ft20's

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Those were the old d1cks.. Since i came back to this site, this forum has been thee most active, helpful, and for the most part, most humble group around this joint.. Now we have some/or "A" member that kinda crosses that humble line, but never breaks it.. Im looking forward to this and the MU ft20's
The last time the NW guide was attempted Pryce was the person asking about starting it.

It's the same people, maybe everybody has more time now or is more committed. I dunno.

Hruza Da Bruza

Must Mash Harder!!!!!

This^
A lot of stuff that I learned about NW I learned from watching Steve's YouTube videos.

WhatTheGrayson

Dick mode:Engaged.
Guys
Me and Pryce have already got the Escrima side of things coveredd.
We're gonna focus on normals, their uses, when to use them etc etc.
We're also sort of arguing over if B2 is his best single normal.
It will happen. I have a lot of free time due to holidays atm.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I'd say B2 is favoured because of all of its set ups and uses that it already has.
But I havnt really looked into D3.
You really should use it more, especially at max distance. It has a mind-blowing range and relatively fast. Catches the walking at just outside the jump-in range when they try to come in if they respect that they shouldn't jump in on you.
Don't use it at point-blank range though because it's -15 on block I think and people always block low against Staff.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
His best normal is probably like staff stand 1, or escrima b2.

Stand 1 in staff is great for footsies, great for dash ins, awesome in pressure, and has multiple strings off of it. B2 for range, well spaced anti airs, tons of setups, and in general being like the only good normal he has in escrima.

WhatTheGrayson

Dick mode:Engaged.
His best normal is probably like staff stand 1, or escrima b2.

Stand 1 in staff is great for footsies, great for dash ins, awesome in pressure, and has multiple strings off of it. B2 for range, well spaced anti airs, tons of setups, and in general being like the only good normal he has in escrima.
Is stand 1 faster than B2..?

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I think, if this is going ahead, we should make a list of things to include, for example:
- Basics?
- Frame data
- Movement (Dash speed etc...)
- Footsie tools
- Rushdown (Frame-traps etc...)
- Zoning game
- Combos (BnBs, optimal combos etc...)
- A universally agreed upon MU Chart w/ Thorough explanations for each character
- Setups (Safe jumps, Quickstand etc...)
- Oki Pressure (Reversing wakeups etc...)
- Issues (Whiffing mids, Flipkick etc...)
- Our wakeups
- Common baits & reads (Ground spark dash cancel ~ J3 Wingdings etc...)
- Punishing

The list goes on and on... It really depends on how thorough you guys want this guide to be

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
I think, if this is going ahead, we should make a list of things to include, for example:
- Basics?
- Frame data
- Movement (Dash speed etc...)
- Footsie tools
- Rushdown (Frame-traps etc...)
- Zoning game
- Combos (BnBs, optimal combos etc...)
- A universally agreed upon MU Chart w/ Thorough explanations for each character
- Setups (Safe jumps, Quickstand etc...)
- Oki Pressure (Reversing wakeups etc...)
- Issues (Whiffing mids, Flipkick etc...)
- Our wakeups
- Common baits & reads (Ground spark dash cancel ~ J3 Wingdings etc...)
- Punishing

The list goes on and on... It really depends on how thorough you guys want this guide to be
@WhatTheGrayson @EMPEROR PRYCE @macro how simple are we trying to make this guide. That should be the starting point.

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
Basics, escrima, normals are done. As well as a character breakdown. @Dirtylova should do basics, staff, normals. @macro you cover stance switches and the usefulness of it. @gpmoney go ahead and do nightwing specials, one stance at a time.
I think when the vids are done we should hyper link people to other NW's youtube channels for gameplay or other breakdowns. Sajam has mostly everything we will cover but we can break them down and cover anything he missed. Ill make sure to use my @Sajam smoooooooth jazz isaac hayes voice.