What's new

How will the tier list actually be determined by?

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
No Im not assuming which character will be in what category like S, A, B tier etc. Im just wondering or WHAT YOU THINK how the tier list would be like this time. Since each character has each different variation and and one variaton could be better that the other character variation eventhough they are in different spots of the tierl list. For example, A character on on lets say "C" tier obviously will lose to a "A" tier character but what if the character on "C" tier beat the character on "A" tier simply b/c the variation is different and give the character an edge on the other one. I know its based on MU's you dont have to repeat yourself, but since its different this time with variation things have changed a bit. Just speculation.

Discuss.

Edited.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
By variation specific as a character.

For example, Kung Jin Bojutsu could be S++++God Tier, and Kung Jin Shaolin could be D Tier. :DOGE

So each variation would be ranked accordingly since some have extreme differences to one another.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
The tier list will be determined to something similar of Melty Blood's. Melty Blood, for those on TYM who are unfamiliar with the game, is an anime fighter made by a small group of people that was released in Japan on ps2, but US players play it on pc via emulator if I recall correctly. Recently they made a game called Under Night In-Birth. How the tier list works for that game is just like any other fighting game tier list by means of grading a character with letters. S-Roll tier. Now, Characters with their specific variation will be placed in said spot. So, it would look something like this:

***This is beings used as an example, users of TYM. The fact I need to add a warning to this is bad enough.***

S: Ermac (Mystic), Erron Black (Gunslinger)
A+: Liu kang (Dragon's Flame)
A: Reptile (Noxious)

Ya'll get the picture.

Now, a tier list wont be made for a long while. If there is a tier list within the first 3 months of the game just ignore it. Tier lists are a group effort to be honest, and not something a single person can do, unless the game is so far into it's life that a single player knows the in's and out's of the entire cast.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
By variation specific as a character.

For example, Kung Jin Bojutsu could be S++++God Tier, and Kung Jin Shaolin could be D Tier. :DOGE

So each variation would be ranked accordingly since some have extreme differences to one another.
Yeah like Reptile's Noxious variation he is a rushdown character plus his poison gas chips damage if you get near him so if you were to keep pressure and your opponent doesnt keep in mind that the gas will do chip damage regardless and could win b/c of that and the player doesnt notice his health.

For example, A character on on lets say "C" tier obviously will lose to a "A" tier character
That's not always true. The C Tier character in this case could easily go even with them, or maybe even have the upper hand.

Given the enormous range of play styles that exist thanks to variations, I reckon this will be even more true of Mortal Kombat X than it is for most any other fighting game.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
That's not always true. The C Tier character in this case could easily go even with them, or maybe even have the upper hand.

Given the enormous range of play styles that exist thanks to variations, I reckon this will be even more true of Mortal Kombat X than it is for most any other fighting game.
Yeah but it was just a rough example.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
It will just be segmented by character and variation...aka 'kung jin bojitsu is A tier and kung jin ancestral is B tier'

MUs will be the same

Not that complicated..

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Not sure why this turned into a troll fest. Guy's asking a normal f8cking question.

Response: probably by variations.

EDIT: Here's a healthy reminder. Tier lists aren't determined by a character's tools, but by their MU numbers.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Not sure why this turned into a troll fest. Guy's asking a normal f8cking question.

Response: probably by variations.
Im actually amused by the comedy by the trolls and im not sensitive to the comments like some ppl are on this site. So I welcome them, if they say some smartass slick shit, they will get a same response in return lol.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
The tier list will be determined to something similar of Melty Blood's. Melty Blood, for those on TYM who are unfamiliar with the game, is an anime fighter made by a small group of people that was released in Japan on ps2, but US players play it on pc via emulator if I recall correctly. Recently they made a game called Under Night In-Birth. How the tier list works for that game is just like any other fighting game tier list by means of grading a character with letters. S-Roll tier. Now, Characters with their specific variation will be placed in said spot. So, it would look something like this:

***This is beings used as an example, users of TYM. The fact I need to add a warning to this is bad enough.***

S: Ermac (Mystic), Erron Black (Gunslinger)
A+: Liu kang (Dragon's Flame)
A: Reptile (Noxious)

Ya'll get the picture.

Now, a tier list wont be made for a long while. If there is a tier list within the first 3 months of the game just ignore it. Tier lists are a group effort to be honest, and not something a single person can do, unless the game is so far into it's life that a single player knows the in's and out's of the entire cast.
So, Ermac (Mystic) is S tier huh? *rubs hands together and gives an evil laugh*

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
The facial expression means like saying "seiously? really? or wow" in a sarcastic tone.
Thank you. I'd also love to know what we use 16Bit for. :D

Anyway I think it's a no-brainer to list variations rather than characters for the tier list. I don't even know how a tier list for characters would be made and what its purpose would be.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Thank you. I'd also love to know what we use 16Bit for. :D

Anyway I think it's a no-brainer to list variations rather than characters for the tier list. I don't even know how a tier list for characters would be made and what its purpose would be.
No prob , that avatar I dontt know.