What's new

Breakthrough - Sorcerer How to manually recharge armour with Stance Change

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Word.

I'm sure you know more about it than I do. I was just thinking on paper, but actually using it is a different story.

Interesting, I don't think it breaks the game tho.

Until somebody fully dominates with it, I say let it rock
It's more of a case of i give myself a recharge really fast, that's all.

PND_Ketchup

As you can see in my set vs Sub Zero, I absorb the clone and instantly stance change to get the armour back, he runs in and thinks the armour is gone, I absorb the next hit and punish him. I do this about 3 times in the set where it was appropriate.

I obviously experiment with it vs Erron Black next, but it doesn't really serve the same purpose against him as his sand grenade is slow and he ran in with it, which will obviously chew me up.

The most effective use seems to be doing it after a fast projectile and then recharging the armour when they think they can run in to negate the armour they think is recharging.

Canapper

Insignificant speck of feculent scum
Why didn't you just keep this for yourself? They must already been building a fix for it xD

Awesome discovering btw

PND_Ketchup

Why didn't you just keep this for yourself? They must already been building a fix for it xD

Awesome discovering btw
A. Im a commentator and I don't know when I'll next be competing, so it's not needed for me to hold tech and rely solely on the opponents lack of matchup knowledge.

B. Like it matters if this gets fixed, I'll be playing Sektor come March 1st. Lol.

All I've been trying to do since April is further push this variation to evolve it as much as possible, sharing all my findings and being able to look at the learning experience we've all had is pretty cool to me.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman

This is pretty cool. Even faster than walking out then into the portal and no need to potentially sacrifice your position in the portal by moving forward

Good job Ketchup

Canapper

Insignificant speck of feculent scum
A. Im a commentator and I don't know when I'll next be competing, so it's not needed for me to hold tech and rely solely on the opponents lack of matchup knowledge.

B. Like it matters if this gets fixed, I'll be playing Sektor come March 1st. Lol.

All I've been trying to do since April is further push this variation to evolve it as much as possible, sharing all my findings and being able to look at the learning experience we've all had is pretty cool to me.
Cool, but I was just joking.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Doesn't stance change have a use? There are some corner combos i can't land on females with liu until i switch stance. It may be that way for others as well. This looks pretty silly tbh, but it fits right in with mkx lol

Let's just keep in Mind that Quan lacks any defense. Sorcerer being probably the easiest to bash with a strong corner char. It does give stance switch actually a purpose and i find it genius he is more about utility anyway. Stance change still takes a few frames time where you can be hurt. Don't think 11,1212 cares much about me gaining armor back at the cost of a few frames where u can't do shit

Aramonde

Noob
Hmm? It's down there with the rest of the games in the Strategy Zone.
Just looked at each link its not there. Me and a few others were pointing this out and a mod told us the same thing. If its there tell me what game its next to.

d3v

SRK
Just looked at each link its not there. Me and a few others were pointing this out and a mod told us the same thing. If its there tell me what game its next to.
It's right under Tekken.

If you're still not seeing it, scroll down and make sure to set the filter to show "all categories".

Aramonde

Noob
It's right under Tekken.

If you're still not seeing it, scroll down and make sure to set the filter to show "all categories".
I dont see it or the filter option, im not signed in if i have to be. I find it weird they have every fighting on there except for MK that i have to use some filter option to see. I dont want to derail this thread any further and it wouldnt matter cause i dont go there anymore anyway. Thanks anyway dev.