What's new

Breakthrough - Sorcerer How to manually recharge armour with Stance Change

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"

Hey guys,

As you can see from the highlight from my latest stream, Quan can manually recharge his armour when the hit has been used up, this involves his stance change.

It's very simple to do, just make sure you're standing on the edge of your armour spell if you're using it for zoning/mid range, the second you either trade a projectile or get hit in general, press the stance switch button and your armour will be automatically recharged.

This is because of the 3D hitboxes of the armour detection. When Quan uses his stance change, he technically steps out and in of the spell during his animation, this means the game detects quan moving out and then in as normal, so the hit is granted as if you stepped out and in, even though you just pressed stance change.

This is a much more efficient way of recharging your armour and I've already been using it in the beta. It takes a fraction of a second to stand in position and stance change to get the armour back, which is much faster than the old method of dashing out and in or walking to recharge it, which takes a lot longer.

Long story short, stand on the edge and stance change, you get the armour back as quan technically puts his feet out of the spell, even though you didn't actually move him.

Thought I'd get this on tym as many of you re now trying sorcerer since the patch.

Thanks to @PND OmegaK for being my training dummy for this one.

And here I thought that I would be dropping Sorcerer for a full-time Warlock come March 1st. This just might change my mind. It'll be a sad day when you leave this character behind, Ketchup.

I'm sure it's not a bug, it's how the spell detects whether quan is in the spell or not.

It's probably been in the whole time, I just never thought about it and not enough people used sorcerer to get it by accident.
But wasnt the spell supposed to activate armor every few seconds? this would give him armor faster than it was intended.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
While this does need to be fixed (its like finding a loophole), I can't see it being super practical.

Many characters have faster projectiles than Quan so him stance changing between projectiles seems unlikely and, as we saw, every special Quan does at full screen means he scoots up a little.

Does it work the same if you are standing behind the spell? @PND_Ketchup

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
While this does need to be fixed (its like finding a loophole), I can't see it being super practical.

Many characters have faster projectiles than Quan so him stance changing between projectiles seems unlikely and, as we saw, every special Quan does at full screen means he scoots up a little.

Does it work the same if you are standing behind the spell? @PND_Ketchup
It is practical. I've already been using it to good effect.

It's just a way to get your armour back much faster then stepping out of it. even if it's for a one time recharge, the fact you have it so quickly is a great option.

Hey guys,

As you can see from the highlight from my latest stream, Quan can manually recharge his armour when the hit has been used up, this involves his stance change.

It's very simple to do, just make sure you're standing on the edge of your armour spell if you're using it for zoning/mid range, the second you either trade a projectile or get hit in general, press the stance switch button and your armour will be automatically recharged.

This is because of the 3D hitboxes of the armour detection. When Quan uses his stance change, he technically steps out and in of the spell during his animation, this means the game detects quan moving out and then in as normal, so the hit is granted as if you stepped out and in, even though you just pressed stance change.

This is a much more efficient way of recharging your armour and I've already been using it in the beta. It takes a fraction of a second to stand in position and stance change to get the armour back, which is much faster than the old method of dashing out and in or walking to recharge it, which takes a lot longer.

Long story short, stand on the edge and stance change, you get the armour back as quan technically puts his feet out of the spell, even though you didn't actually move him.

Thought I'd get this on tym as many of you re now trying sorcerer since the patch.

Thanks to @PND OmegaK for being my training dummy for this one.
Damn it ketchup stop showing tech while lord paulo is on the watch

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
It is practical. I've already been using it to good effect.

It's just a way to get your armour back much faster then stepping out of it. even if it's for a one time recharge, the fact you have it so quickly is a great option.
Word.

I'm sure you know more about it than I do. I was just thinking on paper, but actually using it is a different story.

Interesting, I don't think it breaks the game tho.

Until somebody fully dominates with it, I say let it rock