What's new

How to make your PS3 controller work on your PC?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
So far ive only come across 2 methods..

1. WINDS3

http://www.winds3.com/en/index.htm

I used this program several years back. This program supports 2 controllers at once even tilt and vibration functions. It works really well, but for some reason the author has not updated it in a long time. It appears to be only compatible with windows XP and Vista..

2. Motioninjoy

http://www.motioninjoy.com/

I myself have not had any luck making this program work. However, at the present time its considered the best one to use as far as im aware. The only downside is that you have to be connected to the internet to make it work and you may need a specific blutooth dongle..

Does anyone know of any other methods that may work??

My mission in life atm is to make my ps3 controllers work on my pc. Any help would be appreciated.

SteezyPhresh

Ignorant Scrub
I've always used motionjoy for playing mugen with ps3 pads. The latest version gave me serious problems when trying to set it up on my laptop however. I tried a few previous versions and one of them seemed to work fine. I think 0.6 is what i had to downgrade too, i don't remember.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I use motion joy and it works fine. I haven't got a Bluetooth dongle for my laptop though so I have to use the cable.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
i use motion joy. you have to load the profile of contr you are using. in your case select dual shock 3 of course. what part of motionjoy is giving you trouble?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
i use motion joy. you have to load the profile of contr you are using. in your case select dual shock 3 of course. what part of motionjoy is giving you trouble?
the whole friggin thing. Ive been trying to make the program work for a couple years now. Every time i connect my controller, the program does not recognize it at all. Its as if i never plugged it in to begin with.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
the whole friggin thing. Ive been trying to make the program work for a couple years now. Every time i connect my controller, the program does not recognize it at all. Its as if i never plugged it in to begin with.
are you trying bluetooth or usb? i suppose you have tried both. you can try downloading drivers for the control. for me i know i was confused when it came to loading the control profile.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
You should be able to push a button to install the right drivers through Motioninjoy, once thats done there should be a dropdown box with a few controller types (dualshock 2, 3, xbox 360, usb etc) Try it with Xbox 360, Remap the triggers/shoulders because they sometimes flip, and then should be fine.

I used to have a problem where i thought it wouldnt connect, my solution was to just keep pulling it out, putting it back in, and then testing the vibration to confirm its working (giggidy)

TONY-T

Mad scientist
are you trying bluetooth or usb? i suppose you have tried both. you can try downloading drivers for the control. for me i know i was confused when it came to loading the control profile.
Downloaded the drivers several times. Does nothing. this program hates me..

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
I'll help you when I get home from work. I had a ton of issues with mine too, but got it to work so I could play Zelda on my laptop hahaha

AssassiN

Noob
I use the 2nd program: MotioninJoy. You don't need Bluetooth to connect your PS3 controller to your PC, you can plug in your wireless controller through USB as well.
Start this process with your controller unplugged!(this is a one-time thing)

1. Install MotionInjoy
2. Start MotionInjoy and go to the "Driver Manager" tab(it could be empty, if not remember what devices are in that list because you need to recognize your controller)
3. Plug in your PS3 controller and wait until the notification shows that "your device is ready to use"
4. Click on "Reload this page", you should see an extra item pop up in the list
5. Select the controller and click on "Load Driver"
6. Wait until you see "INFO:Load driver for '....' completed." come up at the bottom of the window
7. Go to profiles and select your controller
8. Check "Xbox 360 Controller Emulator" and click on "==>Options" right beside it
9. Click on Save Changes

Every time you restart your PC or unplug and replug the controller you'll have to repeat steps 7 to 9.
Note: When you unplug your wireless controller your PS3 will always turn on.

If you don't see your controller come up in the Driver Manager, go the tab About and update.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
This one's the one I used: 11679_Sixaxis_PS3_Win32_Driver_For_PC
Works on Windows 7.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
I just had a friend help me to get it working! It works great, but as it turns out, my bluetooth dongle wasn't supported. Still works through the usb though, so im happy!

Rome

Noob
Its easy , load this driver ->

PS3 Controller Driver

1. extract the file and install the driver "libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1.exe"
2. connect ur PS3 Controller via USB with ur computer
3. then start "ps3sixaxis_en.exe" once ( a console window opens and closes )
4. push the PS button

Thats all! U need to keep up the connection with the USB cable, otherwise the controller will not work anymore.

U can also use the controller with SNES or N64 or Whatever-Emulator then ;)

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Its easy , load this driver ->

PS3 Controller Driver

1. extract the file and install the driver "libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1.exe"
2. connect ur PS3 Controller via USB with ur computer
3. then start "ps3sixaxis_en.exe" once ( a console window opens and closes )
4. push the PS button

Thats all! U need to keep up the connection with the USB cable, otherwise the controller will not work anymore.

U can also use the controller with SNES or N64 or Whatever-Emulator then ;)
Yep, this is the one.

ryublaze

Noob
You don't have to be connected to online to use motioninjoy. Just click Local. I don't use a Bluetooth Dongle either (I wish but idk which kind works). As for setting it up, I didn't really have any trouble doing so. I just plug my controller in, click the PlayStation 3 option then click Enable and it works. If I need to change anything I go to "options" or "Profiles" or "Game Controller Panel". If you ever have any trouble, you might have to use an older version of MotionInJoy. One time when I tried updating it the new version gave me so much problems. I have version 0.6.0005 (that might be the latest version idk).

If anyone has the problem of accidently turning on your PS3 whenever you unplug your PS3 controller from your PC, I found a solution. When you're done playing on the PC, open up MotioninJoy and click Disable. Then unplug your controller from the PC. You should hear the unplugging sound from your PC twice, once when you click Disable and once when you unplug it.