What's new

Video/Tutorial - Liu Kang How to IAFB and Shaolin Flame into WP

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
I haven't found any video tutorial that would explain to me how to do these things properly. Now that I have learned this stuff, I decided to help other lost souls like myself to learn these things faster. Hopefully these two video tutorials will help some of you who is still struggling with Liu Kang's execution:

Keep practicing, Liu Kang needs time to be invested into him in order to use his full potential.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
I really like your effort bro. Ryly nice stuff
You are so right about the daily practice. I started doing two and after a week an managed to do 4. Awesome tutorial man

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
Your welcome! Though I find canceling Shaolin Flame into Whirwind Punches way harder than IAFB :D
Agreed there are way more directional inputs to take care of. Man ur kang is also being talked about among xaras and quagmires. We gotta play some matches so i can learn some stuff bro ^^

KrstffrMunk

Bane/Black Manta/Captain Cold
I recently picked up Flame Fist and have the Flame cancel into Windmill punch down at almost 100% success rate, but never bothered with iafb.
Your video gave has given me the needed push to start practicing it, so thank you for that.
I've had the most success keeping the tip of my thumb on "up" and tilting it for the b/f motion, I'll report back when I've got it down consistently, if ever.

Kaneki

UPR Kaneki
Ah now I now the timing for the Shaolin Flame Windmill Cancel. You should make more videos like this, it's very helpful.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
I know im late but @GreatKungLao Thank you soo soooo much for making this vid!I finally got iafbs down in fact here's two vids that i made myself!Thank you lord GreatKungLao
And this!

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Advice: don't restand your opponent out of the corner. In MKX to keep an enemy in the corner is one of the top priorities.
I know but since those combos were hard for me at the time i was recording them so i really didn't care which way restanded them :)

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
@GreatKungLao in your opinion are IAFBs that important a thing to learn for FF variation? As much as I like DF FF stole my heart from the beginning and it seems to be a very ground variation.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Landing this combo in the corner, 113, u4, iafb, f44, windmillpunch/windmillkicks might help practice execution. It's mostly simple but I think is a good gauge.

Last edited:

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Also to everyone who had trouble doing sf into WP the trick you have to learn to do it more consistently is by learning the last couple of active frames of the move your canceling info sf xx WP. For example practice doing a special like WP on hit and on block and notice the recovery frames and how different they are. You have to use the last couple of frames in your cancel to get out wp more consistently. Practice doing WP on hit then immediately with no gap between doing them again, the timing for this is the same timing you need to use for WP xx sf xx WP. Then all you have to do is squeeze the sf in between. I rarely drop sf into WP cancels after realizing this.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Iafb in FF with SF on give him the most damage in the corner and imo is essential to play FF at the highest possible level
Yet FF can win without usage of IAFB in combos. He can do about 55% in the corner for one bar without using any kind of fireballs. Meterless combos though is another subject to talk about, IAFBs can come to use here for bigger damage, but it won't be lethal for him not to use it. IAFB provide unbreakable damage, this is what really important here, so if there is a situation where you can finish your opponent with 1-3 IAFBs in the corner while he has 2 bars, it will be better to throw those IAFBs, leaving no chance for comeback.