What's new

how to control reptile?

i main raiden and always have a horrible time against good reptile players. whenever i try and jump or teleport out of reptiles 321 he justs elbow dashes and gets me. i have issues getting out of his pressure. is the only thing i can do try and punish blocked elbow dashes? or maybe try and bait a force ball or acid spit? what do you guys do against reptile

Red Son

Noob
I don't know nothing about Raiden, but my second character is reptile, one tip for you, control your teleports, I can see on reaction and elbow dash it, if Raiden jump, the dash whiffs, and I'm safe and far again, Raiden normally gonna try another teleport. So keep in mind that you need to be careful.
About punishes, that's not with me.
I think it's raiden's worst matchup, every good Raiden player should study that one.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
My generic "Oh, it's a fucking Reptile player" strategy goes into do's and don'ts. The don't is more important than the do so I'll start with those:

- DON'T use b312 or 334 outside of punishment
- DON'T teleport unless you see a forceball or read an acid spit
- DON'T bother with blocked f24 ~ superman/teleport mindgames... they don't work with elbow dash lurking.n
- DON'T ever fight Reptile online

- DO back dash --> thunderball x infinity. Fight [ban incoming]ry with [ban incoming]ry and kill it with thunder.
- If you DO get a life lead, refer to the above strategy times a thousand.

Get life lead; run away. Reptile pretty much runs roughshod over Raiden inside 3/4ths screen distance. Be a pussy. #toptierraidenstrats

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Vilén said it perfectly. Also know that within Reptile's elbow range, he is actually extremely hindered outside of burning meter to EX elbow in or get an EX forceball on screen.

Well learning this match up online is not fun haha. i will try some of your suggestions. i do tend to teleport too much when i am pissed off or do not know the match up very well

My generic "Oh, it's a fucking Reptile player" strategy goes into do's and don'ts. The don't is more important than the do so I'll start with those:

- DON'T use b312 or 334 outside of punishment
- DON'T teleport unless you see a forceball or read an acid spit
- DON'T bother with blocked f24 ~ superman/teleport mindgames... they don't work with elbow dash lurking.n
- DON'T ever fight Reptile online

- DO back dash --> thunderball x infinity. Fight [ban incoming]ry with [ban incoming]ry and kill it with thunder.
- If you DO get a life lead, refer to the above strategy times a thousand.

Get life lead; run away. Reptile pretty much runs roughshod over Raiden inside 3/4ths screen distance. Be a pussy. #toptierraidenstrats

what's a thunderball?

stop strings short to punish dash, when he starts to respect apply them
grab a lot
use en teleport in obvious tele punish situations
teleport and block to punish dahs when unexpected
superman a lot for punishment
throw fireballs in a non patternized manner
use f24
use 121 to punish dash