What's new

Video/Tutorial How I do Multiple Charge Moves.

Well, since everyone was showing how they perform all these wild and cool tactics I thought I'd show everyone how I've learned to perform Multiple Charge moves. The video isn't great quality, unfortunately my good camera bit the dust a few days ago, So I had to make this video with my ancient kodak camera. Now there is 2 ways I do this actually the first is kinda like a heart beat rythm which is the method I used in the video. The other approach I use is more of a straight beat like single notes one after another.

I'd say the timing is the hardest to perfect. Jesse can do this real good though I'm unsure of how he executes this move. Some people can do it with only one finger. I can sometimes get it to work with one finger but I usually just stick to my way, lol.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
How I do Multiple Charge Moves.

I use two fingers, but try to just release and press immediately and alternate fingers as I do each one. If I tried to press the buttons on a rhythm like this, I would not be able to pay attention to what is going on in the match.

It doesn't stun me like that for some reason. I think it's because I play guitar and I have fairly decent finger dexterity making it just feel natural to me. Lol I guess in a way I think of it like some sick metal chug riff.

yugimonz said:
It doesn't stun me like that for some reason. I think it's because I play guitar and I have fairly decent finger dexterity making it just feel natural to me. Lol I guess in a way I think of it like some sick metal chug riff.
I play guitar too but the motion itself just feels awkward. Not trying to bash your technique or anything because it works for you (obviously) but I prefer to do it the way Konqrr does, by alternating fingers with each GP or BK. Hopefully your video will help some other people out though, thanks for taking the time to upload it!

Davey_8000 said:
I play guitar too but the motion itself just feels awkward. Not trying to bash your technique or anything because it works for you (obviously) but I prefer to do it the way Konqrr does, by alternating fingers with each GP or BK. Hopefully your video will help some other people out though, thanks for taking the time to upload it!
Yeah I understand what you're saying. I alternate between that and Konqrr's way. Like last night I was doing this like Konqrr and got 9 in a row in Ghetto training on Mame. My biggest thing is just trying to get people to see that this isn't just an autofire thing so they don't automatically shell up crying cheat, lmao! and also so they can try this themselves.

Defenestrator

I do windows
I decided to ask a question in this thread instead of creating a new one. The video is gone. I'm guessing this method is done using a stick. Are there any good ways you can do charge moves on pad?

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I decided to ask a question in this thread instead of creating a new one. The video is gone. I'm guessing this method is done using a stick. Are there any good ways you can do charge moves on pad?
If you are referring to the so-called "analog moves," these are all done with a combination of stick and D-pad.

Defenestrator

I do windows
If you are referring to the so-called "analog moves," these are all done with a combination of stick and D-pad.
I'm referring to moves like Liu Kang's bicycle kick, Mileena's sais, and jax's ground pound where an attack button has to be held down for a second or two and the released before the attack comes out. I thought that's what a charge move was.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I'm referring to moves like Liu Kang's bicycle kick, Mileena's sais, and jax's ground pound where an attack button has to be held down for a second or two and the released before the attack comes out. I thought that's what a charge move was.
Oh sorry about that. I'll get the easy one out of the way right now. Mileena's air sai can be done infinitely on command with relative ease. Just hold HP and then jump in the air. The second she leaves her feet, release HP and you have the air sai. It's one of the only charge moves in the game that doesn't follow normal timing rules.

For Liu Kang's MBK or Jax's MGP, you need to hold the appropriate button about 3/4 of the way in. Then let the button go just enough to allow the move to start. Once it starts, apply 3/4 pressure again to charge the move. Rinse wash and repeat.

Defenestrator

I do windows
Thanks. on a pad mileena's is easiest I hold hp with my thumb and use my index for kicks and middle for block. I wanted some tips on finger placement for Liu and Jax. and for multiple attacks. With a stick it is easier to hold down the button needed with one finger and still fight using the others.

Thanks. on a pad mileena's is easiest I hold hp with my thumb and use my index for kicks and middle for block. I wanted some tips on finger placement for Liu and Jax. and for multiple attacks. With a stick it is easier to hold down the button needed with one finger and still fight using the others.
With Jax and Liu, I charge lk with my thumb, my index finger for hp and hk, middle finger for block, and for lp I use the left edge of my thumb while still maintaining the lk charge.

Regarding mgp and mbk, I use the two finger method as well but never really have much success with it in an actual match because it takes my mind off the more important stuff. I do believe there are plenty of people that use programmable/turbo controllers to do these tho. I know some people are legit, but when I see a beginner doing them it's very suspect.