What's new

How do you punish teleports in this game?

I play DS and BM.
Batgirl's teleport is not save on block and I can punish it everytime
with full combo once blocked, but what about

MH's teleport? It seems like he can always dash away after I blocked his teleport before I can hit confirm
anything. The only thing I can do is DS SF on reaction when the teleport starts ( before he gets teleported )
but even then to react on this is insanely difficult to do especially online and most of the time the SF trades with it.
Also most of the time when I blocked the teleport the MH player is already able to block before I can hit confirm anything into combo.

Scorpion's teleport? How am I supossed to punish it? Sometimes I block it and Scorp rolls back in the air which makes it punishable, but 9 out of 10 times he doesn't roll back when I blocked it which means right after I blocked his teleport I try to hit him with my fastest kick or punch, but he can already block my attack or teleport away to attack me from the other side.

Aris teleport?

Can BM and DS punish those teleports?
Thanks.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
MMH's overhead teleport is fairly safe on block but you can hold forward to block it and he ends up right next to you for a punish. Scorpion's regular teleport is a high so if you hold down it whiffs. You can punish it either way but blocking it high should allow a b3 full combo while ducking it gives you just enough time to punish with d1 or standing 1. His mb teleport is a lot harder to punish and some characters can't.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Don't block. Bait them into teleporting and jump behind them. Then punish. Work on your read/reactions

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
When scorpions teleport whiffs, it has quite a few recovery frames before he's safe, which allows for a full grounded punish. Go to training and figure out some optimized punishes. MB teleport is different, DS can punish w SF and BM can punish w bat release into confirmed combo. Once again, practice makes perfect.

MMH teleport is retarded. Try to react w MB b3 consistently, really the only advice to give.

Ares and Zatanna, use a neutral standing string to punish (like BM 112) so its universal regardless which side they teleport on. There's quite a few recovery frames before either of them are safe.

Hope this helps!!

Now teach me street fighter!!!! >:O

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
You could try punishing by cancelling a D1 into a special movie like BM's grapple then MB it - This should work with every teleport except MMH's overhead teleport. In that case you just do what other members have suggested and MB b3 it on reaction, walk forward on reaction, or dash on reaction.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Deathstroke is unable to punish Scorpion's MB Teleport, but Batman's standing 1 will punish.

Ares and Zatanna have pretty much been answered above.

Martian...well everyone has to deal with him. Yeah, walking forward and blocking that way can set up for a punish (anti air btw), but you need to commit to it, it's not as easy as it sounds.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Every teleport except Scorpion's basically gives them frame advantage online. You don't punish them you just deal with them *sigh*

I main Batman and and this is what I do:

Scorpion - there are multiple ways to punish his teleport, even when he doesn't spin backwards after its blocked. I always block low and when he teleports, and it gets blocked, immediately do the 123 or 113 string. The 1 is his fastest standing normal, otherwise you can do a D2. Just practice the timing from the block stun to when you can initiate the 1 or D2 and you should have no problem with scorpion. The jump in teleports are trickier because you don't know until the last second if he is doing an overhead jump in or canceling it to a teleport.

Ares - Ares is tougher but can be reacted to. I usually see two types of Ares players online. One is the "I usually teleport away and try to zone you Ares" and the other is the "I like to teleport behind you and try to combo you Ares". Assuming your talking about the teleport behind because the teleport away is only punishable by the grapple, but way too risky because it is basically a guess at timing, I usually either do a D2 or a grab. I usually use D2 because it is the same start up frames as the D1 for Ares, which Ares players like to begin combos with D1D4, However he still has a slight recovery to make from the teleport first, which gives you the advantage. The throw for those who like to try and block right away after the teleport behind becaus they've caught on to the D2 or if they like to teleport behind and grab right away in which you would be able to cancel that grab. However, the MB teleport is much more difficult to deal with but you just have to be really on your toes. I don't really run into much MB teleports from Ares players. But if I do, it is never more than once or twice a game they use it.

MMH - Like Rip Torn said, forward blocking can make it much easier to punish. However, a good MMH player will catch on to that and then throw in an underneath teleport. Characters with a far reach, like Aquaman's F2, have a much better time battling the overhead teleport game. Unfortunatley Batma's T-Rex arms barely reach past his nose. For me, bat management is crucial for the manhunter match up. if you can use the mechanical bats in two's then it allows to to get in much easier after his overhead teleport. The reason to use them two at a time is because it stops him from being able to overhead teleport then MB B3. His MB B3 always beats out batmans because the Manhunter's is a two hit B3 which goes through batman's one hit B3. I usually block high for the overhead teleport when i have two bats out, then immediately block low while sending the bats. This prevents a D3 from the Manhunter, which has ridiculous range, and still allows you time to jump in or dash close enough to him to try and get something going.

For Ares and Scorpion, don't rely on sending the mechanical bats as soon as they teleport because Scorpions regula teleport whiffs and Ares' is a non hitting teleport. This, for whatever reason, doesn't cause a character to face towards them when the teleport behind you. and if you send the bats before you move or before they hit you, they will be sent in the wrong direction. This is another issue I have with the mechanical bats but nothing will be done about it.

TKB

Noob
With Deathstroke, it's actually not all that hard to punish these teleports.

For scorpion, if you block it high, you can literally get an easy full combo punish by just 323 when he starts spinning in the air after you block. If you're blocking low, you can usually atleast start pressuring him but I can never get a d1 punish on that. Maybe I'm just too slow.

For Ares, you can punish him before his teleport comes out with guns pretty consistently. You can also just watch the ares player and his habits; pressure him with guns a few times and watch for the tele behind you. The second you see him get ready to teleport, jump back 3 will catch him every time for a full combo.

For MMH, his overhead teleport cannot be punished on block. Sword flip can randomly punish it sometimes but it's way too unsafe to bother trying. Your best bet for that move is to MB B3 on reaction for the punish or walk forward so that it whiffs over you, allowing for a punish.