What's new

How do you get in on Reptile?

Error

DF2+R2
I've been facing more Reptiles than usual, and I can't seem to get in on them as they'll just dash away from me to dodge my attacks then punish me with a forceball while I'm still recovering from jumping in -.-" Any tips?

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
For fuck sake u didnt need to do a whole thread....

Be specific on wut u want exactly, and be specific on what character ur using so we can identify the problem....

"they'll just dash away from me to dodge my attacks then punish me with a forceball while I'm still recovering from jumping in "

....??

Error

DF2+R2
I only made a new thread because I couldn't find a general discussion one.
I usually play online, so that's part of the problem, and I usually use Ermac and Quan Chi. When I try to get in a Reptile's face, they'll use elbow dash to evade me in a similar way to Raiden's teleport, and with Quan Chi, they'll usually have time to start attacking while Quan is still recovering from the jump in.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Have you tried baiting the Elbow Dash (i.e. pretending you're gonna jump), then punishing with TKS or Trance?

Or have you just tried to outzone them with TKP, Fireball, runes, and skulls?

Error

DF2+R2
TKP and Trance seem to get stuffed out by the dash most of the time, and I feel like Reptile wins the trade with fast forceballs. I also have the habit of trying to rush down with every single character, something I need to break away from...

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Reptile players love to punish and rushdown, with oki's to stop wake ups, this makes things really hard for Ermac and Quan Chi especially because once he's rushed down it's hard for him to get them off, definitely try to bait out dashes make him aggressive and slam or push, or trance them as a punish, preferably push because it's quicker. This is probably more of a question for the Ermac and Quan Chi threads, I understand your reasoning for posting here, but people who know the characters you play more in depth could probably answer your questions better.

You have to learn how to punish the elbow dash, and how to punish the forceball. The only problem is that if you're facing a good reptile player, he knows all the tools that rep has available and will usually change tactics on the fly to be able to connect the bnb. The main goal of reptile is to connect the bnb for 35%+, then set up good ex forceball wakeup pressure for a reset, and while all this is happening, reptile is pissing you off with elbow dash mixups.

kandehbar

The Gryphon
The best way to get in is jump over punch at close range since he would need to be reactive to punish it

Bet in general bating out ex moves and punishing reptile is the best stragtedy