What's new

How do you feel about spamming in IGAU?

Do you think some moves are so effective in some match ups that its just not fair?
Do you think it's fair to use the same move over and over when
the other player can't figure it out how to beat it?
Ppl will come up with all sort of things " just learn how to play " " stop spamming newb " etc
when they lose to spam.
Spamming is legit ye and if you can't beat it you need more practice.
I have received tons of hate during the 16 months I have been playing this game
& over 8k games online but
This is probably 1 of the most ridiculous things I have seen so far since I have been playing IGAU.

I do run FT10 vs anyone who wants to challenge me to some friendly games, but when some ppl are like this I don't understand why they stay in the lobby.
I stopped playing this game several times but always came back because I enjoy IGAU's gameplay so much.
I would rly like to meet more nice players with good sportsmanship like Ryumajinsen, klesk or GTDoffen
from TYM forums.

On the side not I have read this post not too long ago
Ashisogi_jizo posted...
Spam is a loser tactic for the unskilled, for one main reason. The amount of skill it takes to spam is much lower than the amount of skill and practice it takes to avoid losing to a spammer. Not only that, but winning with spam doesn't exactly improve your ability in the game..so eventually, once you start getting matched up to people who don't fall for that noob trash, you will be screwed. It is much more worthwhile to actually get good at the game rather than get boring wins via spamming.

The reason I hate spam is because it is a massive barrier to new players who are trying to get better, due to the fact that as I stated above, it is much easier to spam than to learn how to avoid spam (unless you play an easymode character like scorp, ermac, raiden or kung lao). What this means is that if two new players enter a match and one spams while the other actually tries to learn their character and learn combos, the spam will shut them down. Not only will this mean neither player gets a very good learning experience, but it may cause the defeated player to give up and resort to spamming as well.

I never understood the "win no matter what the cost" mentality. Do people have such a low self esteem that they NEED to win in an online game which has no reward other than a feeling of self-worth? Do people truly pay $60 for a game just to sit around and mash the same 1 or 2 attacks? Since the only people that spam works on are beginners, I say good job spammers, you beat people who are probably new to the game by using a method that takes no skill whatsoever. I hope the meaningless win improves your obviously horrible self-esteem!

I do actually play mainly for fun but since the characters I play ( Guile DS ) are designed to be played like this keep away style and anti air whenever you jump in to keep you out I don't have much of a choice to play that different.

Thanks for reading.

Emperor Eevee

Learn to take a joke pal!
When people say I spam with Harley, I play rushdown and demolish them. Back to the topic, spamming will always be apart of fighting games. It gets frustrating at first, but getting around it makes you better. I've won against DS players from simply staying calm and making the right decisions.

You and many others know that the term "zoning" doesn't apply to causal players. It's spam and it will always be spam lol.

EVB_VenDeTTa

Still Glad You Were Born?!
Lmao "you little spam spam!!"
Personally I only spam when I need to. Or when I at least have the life lead. Reasonable?

When people say I spam with Harley, I play rushdown and demolish them. Back to the topic, spamming will always be apart of fighting games. It gets frustrating at first, but getting around it makes you better. I've won against DS players from simply staying calm and making the right decisions.

You and many others know that the term "zoning" doesn't apply to causal players. It's spam and it will always be spam lol.
I guess that's why I'm a noob :(

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
Spamming is an important part of fighting games, i wouldn't like fighting games as much if there wasn't spamming :p

E

Eldriken

"Spam" doesn't exist to the initiated.

"Stop spamming block!" "Stop spamming combos!" "Stop spamming special moves!" "Stop spamming normals!"

If it were up to these lame ass people, everyone would just sit there to let them win because that's what they want.

Emperor Eevee

Learn to take a joke pal!
"Spam" doesn't exist to the initiated.

"Stop spamming block!" "Stop spamming combos!" "Stop spamming special moves!" "Stop spamming normals!"

If it were up to these lame ass people, everyone would just sit there to let them win because that's what they want.
The issue is not the 'spamming', the issue is the lag.

If someone is truly complaining about "spamming" then they're usually so bad they're not worth anyone's time.
No such thing as spamming..

Spamming is just a "scrub" term that means ..

Spam - Abusing abusable moves/tactics.
Alright! Everyone, stop spamming the word "spam"!!!

davidovitch

In Europe!
Sending people online angry messages is stupid.

As for zoning and spamming, it's not such a straight-forward issue. I love zoning myself, and I don't mind losing and I like a challenge. But let's say my opponent figures out instant-air gas blasts with Kabal makes it pretty much a 9-1 match-up against some of my favorites characters, and then they start doing only instant-air gas blasts all the time. It won't be fun for long.

But I would just go find another opponent. Let other people enjoy the game in their own way, what do I care.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
There's a difference between spamming and zoning actually.

Spamming is just doing one move over and over with no reads or strategies associated with it. (See zod vs lex).

Zoning is using reads strategy and spacing to get the maximum damage possible and controlling the space you want (see MMH vs batman).

So if your losing to just spamming, yeah level up unless your playing a 9-1. Losing to zoning, your probably getting outplayed

Do you think some moves are so effective in some match ups that its just not fair?
Do you think it's fair to use the same move over and over when
the other player can't figure it out how to beat it?
Ppl will come up with all sort of things " just learn how to play " " stop spamming newb " etc
when they lose to spam.
Spamming is legit ye and if you can't beat it you need more practice.
I have received tons of hate during the 16 months I have been playing this game
& over 8k games online but
This is probably 1 of the most ridiculous things I have seen so far since I have been playing IGAU.

I do run FT10 vs anyone who wants to challenge me to some friendly games, but when some ppl are like this I don't understand why they stay in the lobby.
I stopped playing this game several times but always came back because I enjoy IGAU's gameplay so much.
I would rly like to meet more nice players with good sportsmanship like Ryumajinsen, klesk or GTDoffen
from TYM forums.

On the side not I have read this post not too long ago
Ashisogi_jizo posted...
Spam is a loser tactic for the unskilled, for one main reason. The amount of skill it takes to spam is much lower than the amount of skill and practice it takes to avoid losing to a spammer. Not only that, but winning with spam doesn't exactly improve your ability in the game..so eventually, once you start getting matched up to people who don't fall for that noob trash, you will be screwed. It is much more worthwhile to actually get good at the game rather than get boring wins via spamming.

The reason I hate spam is because it is a massive barrier to new players who are trying to get better, due to the fact that as I stated above, it is much easier to spam than to learn how to avoid spam (unless you play an easymode character like scorp, ermac, raiden or kung lao). What this means is that if two new players enter a match and one spams while the other actually tries to learn their character and learn combos, the spam will shut them down. Not only will this mean neither player gets a very good learning experience, but it may cause the defeated player to give up and resort to spamming as well.

I never understood the "win no matter what the cost" mentality. Do people have such a low self esteem that they NEED to win in an online game which has no reward other than a feeling of self-worth? Do people truly pay $60 for a game just to sit around and mash the same 1 or 2 attacks? Since the only people that spam works on are beginners, I say good job spammers, you beat people who are probably new to the game by using a method that takes no skill whatsoever. I hope the meaningless win improves your obviously horrible self-esteem!

I do actually play mainly for fun but since the characters I play ( Guile DS ) are designed to be played like this keep away style and anti air whenever you jump in to keep you out I don't have much of a choice to play that different.

Thanks for reading.

didn't read LOL