What's new

How do you break out of the command throw safe jump loop?

Boot Nocka

Dark Tier, haa what you know bout it
So I'm on stage, mic check...so it is on ok, "alrite people what do you do when that yellow queer tries to command grab?", the crowd responds angrily, "tech Tech TEch TECh TECH TECH TECH TECH TECH"...and then we all point at whoever made this thread and jump his ass...

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
So I'm on stage, mic check...so it is on ok, "alrite people what do you do when that yellow queer tris to command grab?", the responds angrily, "tech Tech TEch TECh TECH TECH TECH TECH TECH"...and then we all point at whoever made this thread and jump his ass...
if you try to tech tech tech and hit buttons you will eat 21 net in %70 reset combo.........now everyone jumps your are for typeing this nonsense. :cool:

yeah idk what the cyrax players think but I'd rather use kitana against him than sonya
I don't play either of them, but you can probably do an armored cartwheel out of this loop. It would work as a 1-bar breaker that does damage. From an outsiders point of view Sonya seems to 6-4 cyrax while Kitana 5-5's him. If I remember correctly Kit is your #1 though, it makes sense you would be more comfortable with her anyway.

Boot Nocka

if you try to tech tech tech and hit buttons you will eat 21 net in %70 reset combo.........now everyone jumps your are for typeing this nonsense. :cool:
its called reading and hit confirming...and besides if you as much of a cyrax hater as I am (aka excels at dismantling cyrax), you wouldn't even let him get that klose to you..."alrite people new target"...

Zyphox

its called reading and hit confirming...and besides if you as much of a cyrax hater as I am (aka excels at dismantling cyrax), you wouldn't even let him get that klose to you..."alrite people new target"...
lol thats like saying your gonna keep johnny cage out the entire match, a smart cyrax would be in your face in 5 seconds.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I found it quite useful to sometimes let the 1 or 2 take off. This basically lets him know that you will commit to the combo and he will eat either a mid hitting bomb (2) or launcher + ragdoll / grab. This will condition him to block the whole string and the next time you can try the half string into command grab or simply command grab off the bat.

I also find that jumping in (after command grab) with an instant d4 into 1 - 2 pressure will throw off his defence / blocking due to the advantage on hit. Finally, 3 - 3 - 4 is an excellent string because of its 5 frame advantage on block; you can then pressure with your favorite string looking for a command grab opening or just give them a combo on hit confirm.
As far as jumping the jump in after command grab, it cannot be jumped, only if the cyrax does not time it correctly. Ive tested it a few times and it can only be jump when the cyrax does a delayed or late jip.

But i agree whole heartedly with d4. Usually when trying to make a read on whether or not im going to command grab, people tend to stand to try to jump out. On hit confirm you get another free dash in string putting them back into the same guessing game.
i know, i was just using 12 as an example :)
oh i understand, i didnt mean to make it seem like i tried to disect your post man.

swag1

EX smash solves all
too lazy to read the entire thread, but if you still can't what you do is block the jump in, then release the block button, and then press any attack button when he grabs you.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
wen ranked has raised my salt levels i tend to pick cyrax an spam de shit outta command grab makes me feel all warm an fuzzy inside

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
am i mashing 2+4 or 1+3 to tech it? i keep hearing different things and i seem to just tech randomly no matter what im pressing. This is my problem

Boot Nocka

lol thats like saying your gonna keep johnny cage out the entire match, a smart cyrax would be in your face in 5 seconds.
Alrite 1. I play Noob mothafudging Saibot, what make you think I can't keep "Johnny Bird Cage" out of my face huh??? ask yourself that, and 2. HIT CONFIRM 101 I was in the front of the klass before graduation...cyrax throws a net=cyrax gets hugged from the ground up by mr saibot EVERYTIME, cyrax decides to teleport due to epic net failure=cyrax eats about a 20% 212ex tele from noob, whats your point zyphox...enlighten me bro...

Seapeople

This one's for you
J360's definitely right that you can't jump away if Cyrax times his jip correctly. Don't try to jump out :p You can't armor out either unless Cyrax does 121 or 212.

Noserfatu ^this advice will get you boned against a good Cyrax. If you don't block the safe jip he can hit confirm into his bullshit resets. The best way is to read the command grab and tech with 1 or 3. It's easier to tech compared to a normal throw IMO.
I was just laying out all his options. You can still hitconfirm into a net if the opponent blocks the jip & then tries to tech, so it's a 50/50 either way.

I just block and mash 1 at the same time, seems to do the trick.
You can't block & tech at the same time :/

Zyphox

Alrite 1. I play Noob mothafudging Saibot, what make you think I can't keep "Johnny Bird Cage" out of my face huh??? ask yourself that, and 2. HIT CONFIRM 101 I was in the front of the klass before graduation...cyrax throws a net=cyrax gets hugged from the ground up by mr saibot EVERYTIME, cyrax decides to teleport due to epic net failure=cyrax eats about a 20% 212ex tele from noob, whats your point zyphox...enlighten me bro...
lmao play my cage i wanna see you keep me out the entire game, and it seems to me you have never played a good cyrax, add me on psn ill be on tomorrow i dont even play cyrax and ill show you how cyrax can get in.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I just block and mash 1 at the same time, seems to do the trick.
Damn... Now I'm afraid of you. The game doesn't even let you do that.

I guess people weren't lying about you. Shit, if you can hold block and tech at the same time, you must be godlike at this game.

We don't have a shot at winning Evo this year. Any thought into what you're going to do with the $20,000?

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Damn... Now I'm afraid of you. The game doesn't even let you do that.

I guess people weren't lying about you. Shit, if you can hold block and tech at the same time, you must be godlike at this game.

We don't have a shot at winning Evo this year. Any thought into what you're going to do with the $20,000?
necessary post is necessary.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
necessary post is necessary.
I totally get it now dude. I'm on your side now.

*But back on topic.

The best way I've found to get out of this is by making a read and mashing out. When I was in NY, the one person who almost always got out of it was REO, and he was always mashing out... lol

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
hey if cyrax guess you trying to tech his grab after a blocked jip, can he interrupt with 21 or 12 net? because then i think it might be easier to just either take the jip or not