What's new

How did you find/what brought you to TYM?

Hemlock

Noob
I didn't have any friends who were going crazy over how this was the best fighting game in the universe, so I went online to try and find a good messageboard. I received an Xbox 360 as a gift earlier this year and was finally able to play MK after playing a few games last year at Galloping Ghost. I asked ChaCha.com "Which is the best Mortal Kombat message board?" and they gave me an answer.

I didn't trust their answer, so I came here. Don't regret it for a second!

Tim Static

Adminerator
I think I was the 5th or so member on this site? Been a mod ever since. :p
So you moderated 4 people?
Nah we moderated him, and we still do lol <3
http://www.testyourmight.com/members/tim-static.3/ <-- Im #3 :coffee:
I think Tim told me about it and I came here to troll KrayzieBone
haha we still do whenever we can :)

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Chaosphere said I had a good Smoke and to visit TYM to learn how to get myself to the next level

At first I wasn't too sure about a video game forum, that sounded lame (15 and a half year old me had the vocabulary of a lawnmower) to me, but I stumbled on a video of Tom Brady getting hype as fuck and decided to check it out.
Haha I remember that. Man that was awhile ago now that I think about it.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
About 2 weeks after evo 2011 I stumbled across the video footage of top 8. I had the game but didnt play it and totally sucked. I saw that video footage and decided this is what I have to do. Did a google search for sektor combos and found the site.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I used to follow street fighter and eventhubs until mk9 was coming out. When Justin Wong won that mk tournament way back when, I think it was the pdp tournament, he thanked tym for the help, I've been on tym since then.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I'm following Justing Wrong on twitter and when I first got MK he tweeted a link to check out TYM. So yeah because of him I know about this site which turn out to be my main forum :)

I was think about making that exact same thread. Im glad Phanatic beat me to it.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Haha I remember that. Man that was awhile ago now that I think about it.
Yeah man... feels like life is flying by.

And whoever ninja edited my post, I feel as though I'm gay enough to say a slur from time to time to add impact, thanks.

I was an MKO user, and that site blowed dick, everyone was discussing hair, costumes and other stupid shit, so I somehow found out about this and stayed here since.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Strangely enough I found this site while looking up how to do the second fatalities for each character. Lurked for a bit, and just joined since I kept coming back anyway.

B W1zZ

Noob
Since 2006 I've followed the online MK scene during the deception and armageddon eras like many others, and joined this site after hearing good things about it, back before MK9 blew up. It's crazy how much the MK scene grew from what it was.

NKZero

Noob
First of all I had no idea of what competitive fighting games even meant. Frame data, hit levels. In all the previous games I would typically button mash or abuse a special move. Didn't even know what a combo was.

I bought MK9 a month after release (May 2011) because I was busy in April in exams and what not. Anyways that same month I was browsing around for MK information and I someone saw the link to the pdp stream grand final: Justin Wong (Kung Lao) vs fLOE (Ermac). The way they played so patiently, hearing commentators in the background, hitting 30-40% combos etc. I had never seen nor experienced any of this. I was intrigued. It was so fucking lame, yet so cool at the same time.

I began to read up more and I managed to find an archive of the previous PowerUp tournament which Tom Brady won. Saw the epic grand final between Brady and PL and I was set. I started to look into competitive MK9 and what it means. I started watching the S1lent and Brady shows where they went through each character. Eventually I stumbled across TYM by searching "Mortal Kombat forum". Having gone through others like TRMK and MKU, I decided this was the best and most organised so I hung around...but I still wasn't a member.

Then sometime in October of 2011 I decided I knew more about the game and enough to give an informed opinion etc. I became a member. From then on it's been a blast! I actually enjoyed all this recent TYM drama. The one thing I didn't like was the temporary black hole that swallowed TYM in the past month or so. That meant I had to re-visit Facebook (yuk).

Anyways sorry for the essay guys but I remember this like it was yesterday. How we've all grown ever since. I had to post this before alzheimer's gets to me...

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
I went to TRMK first because I didnt know any better, and found the site is mostly populated by horny teens. Anyways I decided with the few good players there I would start hosting online tournies which attracted a couple of members from here so eventually I came here as I wanted to seriously level my game up.
those fuckin ponies man !!!