What's new

Hitoshura's Noob Saibot Matchup Discussion Thread

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
I'm sure it's been stated, but I just figured out a way to deal with Kung Lao for myself. I've found that if I'm 3/4 to full screen away and I've knocked him over with either a long distance charge or a combo and I'm waiting for a wake-up it's beneficial to wait until he's started the animation for his wake-up (if he chooses to do one) As soon as his animation starts I press d,f+3. Basically, if he chooses to throw a hat or, for whatever reason, spin then the charge will put him in the exact same position. If, however, he teleports it will autocorrect into an upknee, which ducks any of the options he has (including instant 3) and allows you to follow up with either a charge or a teleport for a 15-17% punish. Granted it's not the most damaging option, but blast his teleport a few times with up knees and he'll think twice about using it.

iroku

Noob
sorry man, do you tackle him or do you f+3 anti wake up him ? do you get any HP loss from it with noob ? i assume the d would make it so it auto corrects to upknee right ?? sounds cool man...

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I'm sure it's been stated, but I just figured out a way to deal with Kung Lao for myself. I've found that if I'm 3/4 to full screen away and I've knocked him over with either a long distance charge or a combo and I'm waiting for a wake-up it's beneficial to wait until he's started the animation for his wake-up (if he chooses to do one) As soon as his animation starts I press d,f+3. Basically, if he chooses to throw a hat or, for whatever reason, spin then the charge will put him in the exact same position. If, however, he teleports it will autocorrect into an upknee, which ducks any of the options he has (including instant 3) and allows you to follow up with either a charge or a teleport for a 15-17% punish. Granted it's not the most damaging option, but blast his teleport a few times with up knees and he'll think twice about using it.
Lol ive been doing this for a while. Really fucks with wakeup happy lao's after 1 or 2 attempts at this lao's immediately stop their wakeup game from across screen.

srs1989

Noob
There are about 2 characters I DREAD fighting, one is Kung Lao, for obvious reasons... and the other Reptile. I DO however pick Noob when I'm fighting Rep tho, and feel good about it. I can play quite a few characters, but would almost always go with Noob. Why? I can't quite say, but I can tell you that watching Reptile dash right into a charge is probably one of the MOST satisfiying moments playing Noob.

I'm sure this had been covered previously, but in the match up against Reptile, do you guys often have the 1 in 212 whiff against a blocked elbow dash? It may just be online and me not punishing correctly, because I have connected a full 212 before. Any help? Is 1,2 into a mix up a better option?

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I'm sure this had been covered previously, but in the match up against Reptile, do you guys often have the 1 in 212 whiff against a blocked elbow dash? It may just be online and me not punishing correctly, because I have connected a full 212 before. Any help? Is 1,2 into a mix up a better option?
If you block an elbow dash you have to dash up and do 212 otherwise the (1) in 212 will wiff.

Although I feel like the Mileena matchup is rage inducing and I hate her and she should die, you can punish telekick with 1 2, 1 2, shadow charge. Or 12,12, ex upknee ,teleport. The damage is still poor, but it can't be much worse than his regular midscreen damage...

I feel lost in this match up, because playing a defensive/patience game just gives her more meter to get in with ex telekicks which equals more meter. It's really difficult to me. :/

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Although I feel like the Mileena matchup is rage inducing and I hate her and she should die, you can punish telekick with 1 2, 1 2, shadow charge. Or 12,12, ex upknee ,teleport. The damage is still poor, but it can't be much worse than his regular midscreen damage...

I feel lost in this match up, because playing a defensive/patience game just gives her more meter to get in with ex telekicks which equals more meter. It's really difficult to me. :/
That and mileena is a heavy punisher than noob.

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
That and mileena is a heavy punisher than noob.
What is our best option to punish Mileena on Ex tele kick, sai throw?

EDIT: Also, we need to improve our MU against Kabal. He's the one who will be tearing Noob down at tourneys. I don't fight too many good Kabals so I don't really have too much to say on the topic. Just wanted to see if anyone has figured anything out to help against him.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
The first thing that comes to mind is d1, 12, telelsam or maybe a 12, 12, slide/tackle.

iroku

Noob
she is a tuff knuckle you gotta be patient with your damage output. A lot of backdash on that match, keep it safe but you can pick your poinson after de d1. After the d1 if you UK her it´s a high juggle so you can far portal her and even if she jumps out she will land on it. However she´ll telle again, you know the drill after that.

iroku

Noob
Lunt/wenfs did i not play you this afternoon ?? pls dont be that spamming noob :/ it made me sad lol

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Ummm no cause I haven't been on the game in like a month. You got the wrong person brother.

iroku

Noob
Thank god... sorry lol :) dude had like a 27 skill with 1000 wins when he picked up noob i was exited and i saw the most depressing thing ever...

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
she is a tuff knuckle you gotta be patient with your damage output. A lot of backdash on that match, keep it safe but you can pick your poinson after de d1. After the d1 if you UK her it´s a high juggle so you can far portal her and even if she jumps out she will land on it. However she´ll telle again, you know the drill after that.
Since it's a high juggle you can probably tele slam after the upknee.

iroku

Noob
i dont really do those portals... i just backdash and bait her(everyone gets pissed when knocked down with either a sweep or anti air d1/d4. its a human factor thing, you´ll react the same way everytime until you realise it) i was thinking of FR actually, since you can d1 UK her for 9 or 10% throw out a portal bait her normal tellekick and punish it the right way. If you d1 UK slam its what ? 18% and a random next moove.

Why is CSZ 6-4? I consider it a 5-5 if not in Noob's favor.
Also, can you tell me why KL is 6-4 in his favor? I just want a full explanation if you don't mind, because after playing pboardplayer and perfectlegend, I feel like it is a 5-5.

Also, really glad to see that you made that Sub Zero match up 6-4, because that is straight up what it is. lol. I feel bad for Sub in that match up.

Rain is a 5-5 because of his superior damage output. I don't see how this is .5 in Noob's favor. They can outplay one another equally, and Rain's damage is exorbitant.

Is Nightwolf really a 5-5? It just feels like Noob shuts down a lot of his options. He can't reflect shadows (at least not for any real good), he can't use lightning or arrows (Teleslam on reaction). You can duck shoulder charge and punish. Nightwolf does not have superior footsies, imo, but I have not played a high level Nightwolf.

Finally, from what I understand Kenshi is in our favor (which is GREAT news). Played Blackula's Kenshi for MLG and I finally learned some things about this match up. Noob outzones him. Because of the knockdown on shadow Charge, Kenshi has trouble keeping up. And if Kenshi tries to TKS, Noob can stuff it with Charge. If he teleflurries, Noob trade and can some times beat it. Don't rush in on Kenshi. Kenshi MUST come to Noob, and then everything Kenshi does pushes Noob away again. Need more matchup knowledge but it is looking in Noob's favor.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
*first post updated*

Grolarbears Not everything kenshi does pushes noob away. If kenshi gets his hand on you he can do these combos to keep himself on you

f32 RK, f21b2
f212, [dash] f32, f21b2
114 RK, f21b2

the f21b2 string leaves kenshi at enough frame advantage in order to place himself wherever he likes on the screen so he can continue to keep himself on top of you and force you to the corner. Worst part about f21b2 is that it maintains his normal damage output so he isn't loosing any damage whatsoever using it as an alternative.

Kenshi also has armor on almost everything so if he thinks your gonna try and poke out then he can just do either EX RK any where on screen or EX SC in the corner and start a combo off of it.

Noob has answers to this mu its just kenshi doesn't have a problem whatsoever. He can easily make his way in with little to no trouble. Only time kenshi really struggles with noob is when you knock him down b/c you can barrage him with some shadow clones b4 hes able to regain control