HitBox for Mortal Kombat?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by STORMS, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Delriach

Delriach Sindelly

I posted a review of the Hit Box today, figured you guys might be interested in it. I threw in a 15+ min video showing how I use it to play Mortal Kombat 9. I think it's worth watching :p

2. Gamin_Guru

Gamin_Guru Shang Bang

Excellent review. As a player with no arcade stick experience but plenty of keyboard experience, the HitBox is really intriguing. The price is too steep, but I'm considering making my own somehow.
  3. karaokelove

karaokelove Premium Supporter Premium Supporter

I'm on the waiting list for the 360 version. I absolutely can't wait to bust it out. Being a Kano player I'm looking forward to reliable Air Ball commands. My only concern in Block button placement. I've been trying to figure out a good button to map Block to, but nothing seems ideal so far. Right now I'm thinking, since my left thumb will control jump, that I could do the middle 4 buttons as my 1, 2, 3, and 4, have the lower left button (the one to the right of the jump button) be Block, and the upper left button be Tag so that it won't do anything if I hit it by accident. That way I can control block with my right thumb and still X-Ray by hitting the 3 bottom left buttons. Any suggestions?
  4. karaokelove

Oh, and very nice review, Delriach! You raped that dude with Sindel! I was hoping to see some Kano use since he has very unique direction inputs for his moves (F, D, B, F) but overall it was a very informative and concise review! Thanks!
  5. SilverKeyMan

SilverKeyMan Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!

Depending on which character you are using, it may be worthwhile to map it to the JUMP button.
  6. JrK

JrK Probably Drunk

Been on the list for a loooong time now. :(
  7. karaokelove

I didn't think you could remap directional buttons. Even so, the placement of the Jump buttons seems pretty solid.
  8. eks

eks Member

You can't do it via the Options Menu, but those screws can be removed. ;)
  9. karaokelove

Ha, yeah. I suppose that's an option...
  10. Delriach

Delriach Sindelly

That's actually the first layout I used. I couldn't get used to it. That's when it was recommended to me that I use my right thumb to control jump. And then that's when I started using the MK button layout.

It really depends on what you're most comfortable with. You won't know until you try it for yourself and see what works best.
  11. karaokelove

Thanks Delriach!
  12. mesk

mesk New Member

My friend just made me a hitbox,and it is GREAT! so easy to learn to play on,after a hour using a HB,you will forget about the joystick!
  13. Dark Kobra

Dark Kobra Hitbox™ Enthusiast

Mesk, what board did your friend use for the PCB? I've got alll the panels ready and was going to use a PS2 controller, but don't know if the Left and Right will cancel each other out and form a neutral, or it will do double blocking....
  14. lazybird123

lazybird123 Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK

I'm finally going to be getting mine today :) Would you guys be interested in a written review?
  15. Karried

Karried INJUSTICE Premium Supporter

Yes please! Post pics too and try to do a video review!
  16. Altaire

Altaire My sword has an eye on it.

PSN:
    AItaire
    XBL:
    LOA Altaire
    A guy I know on the PS3 side bought one of these. He seemed to be doing pretty well with it when I played him last, and he's had nothing but good things to say about it.

It's really not for me, but I can definitely see the appeal.
  17. lazybird123

Its sitting here on my desk!! Pics and reviews soon!!!

Now Liu-Kang's combos are gonna be effortless :D
  18. lazybird123

I played with it for a few hours yesterday and its amazing! I'm pretty sure I'm going to stick with this and leave my PDP stick behind. I'll probably just use my PDP stick for modding purposes and switch exclusively to the Hitbox. I know its been a few hours with it, but it really is great.

Is there anything you guys want me to cover in my review? I have pictures of how it was shipped, pictures of it compared to a PDP Stick and a keyboard (for size purposes), I'm going to talk about the quality of the product versus the PDP, how I like the size, "Street Fighter" button set up instead of Mortal Kombat, of course talk about the pros and cons of the buttons versus the stick, and also some cool tricks I've picked up so far. Some examples are: 1) cross up jump in punches are hilariously easy, you just hold down the jump button and press the right then the left button and you can just keep doing it all day, 2) Raiden's teleport is so deadly because its SO easy to just repeatedly press down across the screen and then as soon as your opponent does something, boom, teleport.
  19. eskuAdradit0

eskuAdradit0 "Thanks" button abuser.

I'd like to know how do you like the Hitbox case size. Could be any bigger, smaller?Enough space to let hands rest? i'd appreciate that!
  20. Karried

I'd like to know does it perform as well and effective as a stick for games excluding MK that require more than just directional inputs. Is it overall good for EVERY type of FG?

When is the review going to be up?
  21. BeefSupreme

BeefSupreme @MK_BeefSupreme Premium Supporter

Check out their youtube channel, I believe its "hitboxes". It was originally designed around SSF4. Most of the demo and tutorial vids on in SSF4. Pretty good shit

-b_s- :headbang:
  22. Chaosphere

Chaosphere The MAIN Main Man Premium Supporter

Ugh I can't wait until I finally get mine. I ordered a PS/360 one as well and just got on the list on 8/10. I feel like I won't get it until christmas. Although, that would make for a pretty sweet christmas present to myself.
  23. BeefSupreme

BeefSupreme @MK_BeefSupreme Premium Supporter

I pretty much said screw it and started building one. :D
    Can't wait till its done and looks like dis. [​IMG]

-b_s- :headbang:
  24. Karried

Wait, can you start getting on the waiting list for a 360/PS3 Multi Console HitBox? I thought they weren't taking requests for that currently? Aren't they only doing PS3s as of now?
  25. lazybird123

Yeah you can, I was on the list but I asked them to take me off, they don't put MK on Xbox360s in tournament anyway