What's new

Hit confirmation suggestion

Hello guys, MK is such an "early" input game. Everyone of us has/had done 112 spin (KL) or 122 acid ball (reptile) on block at one point or another, rather than switching to a safe string like 1121 for kl and 122 rep hand. So here is the problem, unlike Street fighter there is no "random block" option to practice hit confirmation. Wondering if you guys could post suggestions for me and the whole community to practice hit confirm when practicing alone.

If you have partner then it would be easy, just let your partner block randomly and you do the combo depends on a hit or a block

Hello guys, MK is such an "early" input game. Everyone of us has/had done 112 spin (KL) or 122 acid ball (reptile) on block at one point or another, rather than switching to a safe string like 1121 for kl and 122 rep hand. So here is the problem, unlike Street fighter there is no "random block" option to practice hit confirmation. Wondering if you guys could post suggestions for me and the whole community to practice hit confirm when practicing alone.

If you have partner then it would be easy, just let your partner block randomly and you do the combo depends on a hit or a block
If you don't have a buddy then i suggest making some friends here online, or use arcade ladder. It's not hard hitconfirming 3 hit strings, it's the 2 hit strings that are more difficult.

Feel free to add me.

Matix218

Get over here!
If you don't like dealing with online due to lag and you don't have any friends that play, like Playpal said, use the arcade ladder on expert and just practice your hit confirm-able strings. My main hit confirm strings that I use (I am not a fighting game expert so I SUCK at hit confirming anything less than a 3 hit string lol) are Subs 212 (into either clone if they block or freeze if it hits), ermacs b114 (into lift on hit or fireball on block) and noobs 212/b214/b1214 (into upknee on block and teleport/tackle/portal reset attempt on hit). All of those I actually used the arcade ladder (and some online play) to get comfortable with since I really dont have people to play offline with around me on any kind of regular basis.