What's new

"High Voltage" developing PS3/Xbox 360 versions of Mortal Kombat X (also dev'd INJ for PS4)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
As we've known for some time now that NetherRealm Studios is focusing all of their efforts towards the next-gen technology by developing Mortal Kombat X for Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Considering the game is also coming out for Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, this raised some concerns as far as "who is developing the other versions then?" and "should we be worried?".

It is being reported (and I can't remember if this was already known or not) that the same developers who ported Injustice: Gods Among Us to Playstation 4 and PC, "High Voltage", are also the ones developing the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of Mortal Kombat X. To put everyone's minds at even more ease, this is also being reported:

mkxmas.jpg

"High Voltage is our partner focused on developing the PS3/360 and the team is giving those versions its full attention. All platforms for this game are built on NetherRealm’s tech with oversight from the NetherRealm."

Source: VideoGamer.com via MKServer

E

Eldriken

I believe High Voltage is doing that as well since there is no mention of anyone else. Either them or NRS.
Erm, I believe in one of the earlier interviews with Boon he stated that they were working on the PC version as well.

GGA Max

High voltage did pretty good on PS4 IGAU imo.

Pros:
All gameplay is correct
Graphics better
Load times faster

Cons:
Private matches/koth barely work
Can't sort thru rooms except alphabetically
No ping info

Connection to your opponent is the same as last gen, depends on the players' connections. Game drops are the same frequency as last gen too.

High voltage did pretty good on PS4 IGAU imo.

Cons:
Private matches/koth barely work
Can't sort thru rooms except alphabetically
No ping info
I believe they patched some of their online stuff, I can't remember what they fixed though because I don't play online.

There was also a couple of Injustice bugs on the PC.

- Casual sets would not keep track of who won or lost when you played locally. This was kind of a big deal because after getting bodied by Slips in our casual sessions, I would make adjustments and could not tell if my adjustments were making any improvements in our sets or not.

- Some controller preset issues, where it would not save your button layout during certain instances, or you would suddenly have your friends preset.

- If you had a custom stick or hitbox or anything with 7 or less buttons, you could not set your buttons. The PC version required a different button for all 8 inputs.

Then this is not a bug, but more of a gripe on my part. When you were learning a new character in Injustice and you looked up strings or special moves, they had an arbitrary button assignment of 1,2,3,4 etc. So like if you wanted to learn a string it would say 1,4,2 when it would really be 1,2,3 string. I would like it if you plug in an xbox controller it would show the X,Y,B,A button. But that is just a personal gripe I had.

Also not really a fault of anyone but PC versions are always low on the totem pole of care for most companies. So I expect very little test time to be put towards the PC version and if any bugs are reported on the PC version it might not actually make it through because of time constraints.

But we PC players are used to this. As long as the PC version plays and looks fine I will be happy.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
There were a few gameplay inconsistencies between PS4 and PS3/360 that never got solved (Sinestro being unable to cancel d1 to shackles, and a few others).

Hopefully they are more attentive to the details this time.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
High Voltage could not have possibly fucked up Injustice on PC any worse.
With MK they did a decent job, and it became better after they patched it (one year later lol).

But Injustice is absolutely littered with bugs.

Megaton_Rich

Ok-ish at pressing buttons
high voltage software should not be trusted i still remember when they talked all that mess about how the conduit would be the best looking wii game there is and the game bombed.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
High Voltage recently did the Saint's Row 4: Re-elected port and it's a mess. They're really hit or miss with their porting as I believe the Vita port of Injustice also has a lot of problems.

Reactions: Mst

Raider

Noob
Sooooo who is doing the PC version of MKX?
NRS i guess.
There is no mention of HV on Steam (thank god), and since NRS is doing next-gen version i guess they are doing PC version too, they said they might do it before.

HV is not THAT bad, they did pretty good job with MK9/Injustice on PC, but other ports they did are kinda messy and they have bad reputation.

As we've known for some time now that NetherRealm Studios is focusing all of their efforts towards the next-gen technology by developing Mortal Kombat X for Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Considering the game is also coming out for Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, this raised some concerns as far as "who is developing the other versions then?" and "should we be worried?".

It is being reported (and I can't remember if this was already known or not) that the same developers who ported Injustice: Gods Among Us to Playstation 4 and PC, "High Voltage", are also the ones developing the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of Mortal Kombat X. To put everyone's minds at even more ease, this is also being reported:

View attachment 9553

"High Voltage is our partner focused on developing the PS3/360 and the team is giving those versions its full attention. All platforms for this game are built on NetherRealm’s tech with oversight from the NetherRealm."

Source: VideoGamer.com via MKServer
they did a pretty good Job for inj ps4 sooo.... its ok. gonna buy it for new gen anyway

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
- Casual sets would not keep track of who won or lost when you played locally. This was kind of a big deal because after getting bodied by Slips in our casual sessions, I would make adjustments and could not tell if my adjustments were making any improvements in our sets or not.
You must have had a hell of a time with mk9 then. =P