What's new

Her Majesty's Kouncil - Debut Episode W/ Undead Jim / Punkmafia / ENDeverMORE / thegabstandard

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Greetings TYM, I'm pleased to announce the debut of Her Majesty's Kouncil. As you can probably gather from the title this is just like any other NRS focused podcast but comes to you from across the pond.

We don't have a set in stone schedule yet as we wanted to get something out there in the run up for MKX but hopefully we can record weekly. Below are the youtube and mp3 downloads, be sure to comment and let us know what you think.

Any suggestions, questions are welcome :)

MP3 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/uzj8771zgzq9rd1/HMK Episode 1.mp3

Topics:

01:30 - The current state of the UK scene for NRS games and how this can be improved for MKX.

16:10 - Are we sad to see Injustice to go?

27:00 - MKX impressions so far.

54:00 - The UK's presence at Evo for MKX 2015.

01:11:00 - Returning players we're excited to see come back.

01:21:00 - Upcoming fighters and what we're looking forward to.

01:40:00 - What do we hope to achieve in MKX?

01:48:00 - Who is the best in the UK?

These are approximations, not exact but should serve as a general guide.

Unfortunately we do not have a logo created as of now but hopefully should have for future shows.

Promoted by STORMS*

Last edited by a moderator:

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Good stuff guys. Seems like we will have a nice number of players right from the start. Looking forward to the hog meet ups.

Odoyle

Drops combos
Hopefully this will bring more UK/Non American players into the spotlight. We all know Foxy, the condiment brothers and UFG, but I'm sure there's quite a few unknown players out there we can learn a lot from. Keep it up! :)

GRieVeR_SKeiTH

bad player
haha most people do :D More people need to play Ninja Gaiden, it was awesome being able to talk to someone about that game so much. Will you be at Evo this year?
Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be travelling until perhaps Civil War, barring any miracles.
But until MKX drops I'm basically attempting to rundefault health DMC1 and DMC3, Godhand, maybe Bayonetta and I just picked up Vanquish finally
Interesting podcast, I like to see more people out creating content, and its always good to have a look inside the international mindsets.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
You guys almost got me hype for Tekken 7, then I watched some footage and it quickly subsided. We're kind of lucky that NRS try and innovate with every game.
As an old tekken fan, a more stripped down tekken seems really appealing. Just my my opinion.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
As an old tekken fan, a more stripped down tekken seems really appealing. Just my my opinion.
Oh I totally agree. I tried to break into TT2 and as you said, it's a huge mountain to climb so this change makes sense. At it's core it just doesn't look any different, on the surface at least. I really want the series to have the same resurgence MK did but I've no idea how they can achieve this without alienating its core player base.

Cool podcast though gents. JTB seems to have a knack for it.

Last edited:

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Also I just noticed something...

Her Majesty's Kouncil

Er, yeah, that was totally intentional :) (but seriously, awesome lol)

You guys almost got me hype for Tekken 7, then I watched some footage and it quickly subsided. We're kind of lucky that NRS try and innovate with every game.
Funny though that the UK seems to have quite a strong Tekken scene, there was a tournament at HoG when we had a meet a few months back and it had a great turn out. In a lot of ways I'm more hyped for T7's story than the vs aspects. Depends how good Yoshi is :D

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Listened to the podcast and it turned out great. Well done guys and I'll make sure I will be available next time for the whole session.