What's new

Help against a turtling Scorpion

Plop

Noob
Hey guys,
I've recently picked up Mileena and I'm having alot of fun using her. I used to main Reptile but I've been having alot more success with Mileena lately. I'm still reasonably nooby though. I've played MK for years but always on single player. I don't know ANYONE else who plays it so playing MK9 online is my first real experience playing against other humans. I've got ALOT to learn, but i'm getting there, slowly but surely..Anyway, thats enough of my life story.

Anyway, i get the impression that most of you are american, and going by what i've read in these forums, in America you've got a bit of a Kung Lao plague on your hands? Well over here (i live in Wales, U.K) we don't see too many Kung Lao's, but a Scorpion epidemic instead.

Now, i understand that there are worse match ups for Mileena, and alot of the time i can take Scorpion, but its the turtling Scorpions that really give me a hard time.
I'm too scared to ground sai or iAS cos he'll just teleport, and he usually does. I find it incredibly difficult to get in. I can't just casually stroll in for fear of a cheeky spear, if i dash block he hellfires the shit out of me (THE most annoying move in the game imo). If i try jumping in he air-throws me or simply uppercuts me. So basically, he just waits for me to telekick or roll and punishes me with a full-combo. I sometimes get lucky with an EX telekick and from that i can sometimes catch him with a b3, roll/Exroll into combo but its not very often and he usually just wipes his ass with me.

Any tips anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Btw/ This is my first post. Lovely to meet you all! Fine site you've got going on here! :)

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
IAS, by the time you drop down teleport should whiff.

Telekick to get in, or ex telekick sai to get in.

Roll to get over to him, there's so many ways Mileena can close gaps against Zoners, although Scorpion shouldn't be turlting.

Just stay up in his face and it's GG :)

like jer said you wanna stay close. As soon as a IAS hits, use roll during the hitstun to get close, and you're good to go.

IAS, by the time you drop down teleport should whiff.

Telekick to get in, or ex telekick sai to get in.

Roll to get over to him, there's so many ways Mileena can close gaps against Zoners, although Scorpion shouldn't be turlting.

Just stay up in his face and it's GG :)
scorpion does turtle