What's new

Hellraiser fans rejoice: Remake Update!

Vagrant

Noob
tl;dr : Clive Barker is writing the movie, Doug bradley is confirmed as pinhead.

Here's the article: http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3261369/dear-hellraiser-fans-clive-barker-is-writing-the-remake/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=dear-hellraiser-fans-clive-barker-is-writing-the-remake

BREAKING: It’s been a long, hard road out of development hell, and Pinhead isn’t out of the woods just yet.

After years in development, and god awful sequels, Dimension Films is finally embarking on a quest to the seven levels of Hell with Hellraiser creator Clive Barker!

Barker, who hasn’t been involved since Hellbound: Hellraiser II, has officially announced that he will be writing the hellraiser remake for The Weinstein Company – and also revealed that Doug Bradley will return as the iconic slasher!

Halloween has come early!

Here’s a letter to fans from Clive posted on his official Facebook:

“HOT FROM HELL! My friends,I have some news which may be of interest to you. A few weeks ago I had a very productive meeting with Bob Weinstein of Dimension Pictures, in the course of which I pitched a remake of the first ‘Hellraiser’ film. The idea of my coming back to the original film and telling the story with a fresh intensity-honoring the structure and the designs from the first incarnation but hopefully creating an even darker and richer film-was attractive to Dimension.

Today I have officially been invited to write the script based upon that pitch.

What can I tell you about it?

Well, it will not be a film awash with CGI. I remain as passionate about the power of practical make-up effects as I was when I wrote and directed the first ‘Hellraiser’. Of course the best make-up in the world loses force if not inhabited by a first-rate actor. I told the Dimension team that in my opinion there could never be a Pinhead without Doug Bradley, and much to my delight Bob Weinstein agreed. So once the papers are signed, I will open a Lemarchand Configuration, dip my quill in its contents and start writing.

I promise that there will be nowhere on the Internet where the news of my progress will be more reliable than here, because the only author of these reports will be Your Infernal Corespondent, me. My very best wishes to you all, my friends.

Clive.”

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
You know I watched the first Hellraiser a few months back with some friends expecting a dumb movie we could make fun of, we were surprised how creepy and well made the movie was..... Until the ending where the monsters got bodied free. Was so disappointing.

Vagrant

Noob
Yeah thats the thing is hell raiser has always been straight up twisted.

Thats what freaked me out so much about it as a kid. It prides itself on how twisted it is, you can tell.

So for them to modernize this with the one of the greatest horror writers of all time and the face of the franchise returning, I think this could be a big success and scare the shit out of a lot of people.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Clive barker needs to hire an excellent writer

Hellraiser 3-19 had the worst writers ever

I'm hopeful

He's my fav villain in horror partly due to all his excessive zoning

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
OMFG I am sooooooo happy this is one of the greatest horror films made and the fact the have the same actor for Pin head to return and Barker's writing, now I am officially excited.

For those youngins that never watched the original nor read the novella Hellbound Heart, I suggest you watch it and its 2nd sequel. The actor that portrayed Pin Head one of the creepiest characters ever put on film.

Thankfully Clive Barker and Doug Bradley are involved. I don't think Hellraiser needed a remake, the original is a classic and amazing as is, but what the hell. Better than another dreaded sequel at least. The last sequel was terrible.

McNasty

Moist.
jesus wept and I just messed myself. If anyone saw the evil dead remake that also said no to CGI this is very exciting!

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
amazing gorgeous awesome news !! Hellraiser franchise lost its touch after the 2nd movie , and went in the very wrong direction.

Now, with the creator Cliver Barker involved, chances are we gonna see a very reliable and top notch material for an updated version of this great classic .... fingers crossed ! :D

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Some of my favorite Pinhead quotes

"Oh, no tears please, for it's a waste of good suffering."

"Burn? Oh, such a limited imagination!"

"Human dreams... such fertile ground for the seeds of torment."

"Do I look like someone who cares about what God thinks?"

"What you think of as pain is a shadow. Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I... Am... Pain.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Hellraiser 1 and 2 are badass. I even have a soft spot for 3. Everything afterwards was utter garbage. Hopefully it happens and is good.