What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Commando Kano looks to be mine unless/until Fujin is revealed :D I'm going to parry EVERYTHING.

Wait wait wait, what's that protruding from his arm?!
Ha I just saw that myself haha, nice catch. That spike shooting out of his arm. WTF? lol

Baraka envy much Kano? haha

I plan on using his zoning style/laser eye :) I'm definitely not using his commando, up close and personal, parrying isn't my style at all lol.

trufenix

bye felicia
Ha I just saw that myself haha, nice catch. That spike shooting out of his arm. WTF? lol

I plan on using his zoning style/laser eye :) I'm definitely not using his commando, up close and personal, parrying isn't my style at all lol.
He uses the elbow spike in his low parry, probably in some strings too. We've really only seen the ones that involve kicks or seem specific to his knife and eye laser variations.

MKF30

He uses the elbow spike in his low parry, probably in some strings too. We've really only seen the ones that involve kicks or seem specific to his knife and eye laser variations.
Ah ok, yeah I didn't even noticed that til now. I just figured he elbowed the guy lol. That spike is pretty cool though.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

Ooh interesting, hopefully we'll be able to show all around how Kano works then. I'm a player that likes to make my opponent come in and fight rather than turtle then break them down while they're in so I want to play Commando Kano :)

MKF30

Ooh interesting, hopefully we'll be able to show all around how Kano works then. I'm a player that likes to make my opponent come in and fight rather than turtle then break them down while they're in so I want to play Commando Kano :)
Cool cool. Thats why i think mk x will be great cause everyone has their own style of playing. I like keeping people away me lol from me

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Since this is a Kano General discussion thread,I will ask a general question...Does anyone know where I can get Kano's knife from the '95 MK film? A website perhaps? I dont want to get ripped off by ebay...

Pearl Monnkey

Mountain Climber
I prefer the MK9 Kano based off looks so far. But Kano is one of my favorite MK characters and he's part of the original 7! I'll use him regardless, he better have the choke move where he calls the fighter a bitch and slams their head on the ground!

Killusion

Stream addict
Going to main Kano unless they reveal some really awesome brand new character. Can't decide what variation interests me the most, which is probably a good thing lol.

Cutthroat: Looks pretty cool, is supposed to be mostly about combos which is ok I guess.
Commando: I often end up maining grapplers and I like that playstyle, but Kano's grappling moves look really lame to me. Also I hate counters and the color yellow.
Cybernetics: Easily the coolest looking variation, but zoning really isn't my style.

:/ Need to try them all.

cyke_out

Noob
Some good kano footage from the NRS stream. The air ball seems really good, with the low kick being automatic.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Hopefully they decide to make his parry one size fits all (hello SZ)

If they didnt' learn from the Joker having a high-mid parry and a low parry and it being the biggest bill in the bill of goods....... then yeah.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Hopefully they decide to make his parry one size fits all (hello SZ)

If they didnt' learn from the Joker having a high-mid parry and a low parry and it being the biggest bill in the bill of goods....... then yeah.
So far that's what Commando does though. Unbreakable Sub seemingly can parry everything, but his parry either vulnerable to crossups or lacks active frames a bit.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
So does airball hit high? Because I ponder if it creates a mix-up situation on jump in where if he whiffs it you get hit low if not you get hit high.

Also, I hope this move can be MB, does decent damage

Last edited:

Drakonian

Shady Divizio
I'm really hoping for an alternate costume of MK3 Kano (his best look imo), possibly as a DLC or something.
Richard Divizio > Trevor Goddard

I$AAC

Noob
I see it's been pretty dead around these parts. Should I bother making a tentative Kano matchup thread?

Killusion

Stream addict
I see it's been pretty dead around these parts. Should I bother making a tentative Kano matchup thread?
It's a bit early but go ahead I guess. I mean last time we saw Kano he got murdered by Kitana.. Hopefully we get to see some more Kano action in NRS's stream.

MKF30

Guess nobody else noticed the change with Kanos style, lol. Understandable with the reptile and ermac hype. Kanos colors variations are different, kanos vid and older builds kano has

Cut throat-green

Cybernetic-red

Commando-yellow

Now its

Cut throat-red

Cybernectic-green

Commando-yellow

I wonder does that mean his laser eye will be not red anymore?

Last edited:

Killusion

Stream addict
Guess nobody else noticed the change with Kanos style, lol. Understandable with the reptile and ermac hype. Kanos colors variations are different, kanos vid and older builds kano has

Cut throat-green

Cybernetic-red

Brawler-yellow

Now its

Cut throat-red

Cybernectic-green

Brawler-yellow

Wow very nice catch man, completely missed that! I don't know how I feel about this change, green lasers might look weird and if they're still red it might get confusing. Then again I've been most interested in Cutthroat for a long time now and red Kano is the coolest looking by far so this brings a little smile to my face. :)

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

Cut throat-green

Cybernetic-red

Brawler-yellow

Now its

Cut throat-red

Cybernectic-green

Brawler-yellow

Brawler? It's Commando, and if you couldn't tell from my variation banner I am offended that you would forget this goddamn awesome variation! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.