What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyke_out

Noob
So at 1:18 in the trailer, Kano does a string and then there is a meter burn flash and he performs a knife attack that launches. So is it a special or a meter burn string?

Place your bets!

Skellington

Banned
All info from http://www.thekombattether.com/gamescom/mortal-kombat-x-impressions.html about Kano

"- Full Fatality: Kano unsheathes one of his knives and swiftly cuts into the opponent abdomen which causes intestines to spill out onto the ground. As the character begins to drop to their knees, Kano grabs them from behind and hoists them up in front of him as he proceeds to burn through their skull with his eye laser, leaving a huge, smouldering hole through their head.
Can't wait to see what the intestines look like with the new graphics engine

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Ya his bracers have blades that come out on both ends, Assassins creed blades at the top, and longer Dues EX HR style blades that come out at the bottom.

Kano means business this outing.
Mmmmmmmm :) well as I said, unless Fujin comes out I'm all over Commando Kano

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
As a person who has never cared for this character, never played as him (except for the bits in the Challenge Tower in 2011) this reveal is by far one of the best. (Although, he's not surpassing Sub-Zero because he's my all-time favorite no matter what)

With that said, I am going to have to get used to the other colors he's associated with in the other variations. But I think I am going to be using Cybernetic more than the other two, but it depends on which variation is better.

I dig the fatality, I dig the new look, heck I dig the fact that he puts the crystal thing or whatever it is inside his cybernetic heart. The details amazes me in this game.
High level Kano vs. Sub-Zero matches are going to be fucking amazing. Those variations are perfectly suited for awesomeness.

trufenix

bye felicia
Nice to see that the models and animations are still getting touchups, but it means the game is still really really early. I'm thinking October next year at this rate.

Also, Darkseid had that up eye laser long before Fulgore did.

TylorJockin

You don't impress me.
how would it be like shazams command throws exactly?
You block Shazam's string but then have to guess to stand or crouch (Because he can tick throw into either of his grabs).

With Kano, you block say the first two hits of a strings, then are given the time to parry high or low for the 3rd hit or even special cancel.

I believe that's what he means, but allow him to explain it himself lol

TylorJockin

You don't impress me.
Kano's command variation is by far the coolest yet, however I think that it might not be his most practical, but definitely MU specific. Cybernetic is pretty gdlk too, perfect options. Commando for anti-rushdown and Cybernetic for counter zoning. Cutthroat to play a rushdown game of your own too, perhaps.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
You block Shazam's string but then have to guess to stand or crouch (Because he can tick throw into either of his grabs).

With Kano, you block say the first two hits of a strings, then are given the time to parry high or low for the 3rd hit or even special cancel.

I believe that's what he means, but allow him to explain it himself lol
soo the ducking low would avoid shazams grab? srry I don't know shazam xD

TylorJockin

You don't impress me.
soo the ducking low would avoid shazams grab? srry I don't know shazam xD
Well he has Two different command grabs, one that ONLY hits standing opponents and one that ONLY hits crouching opponents. So after the blocked string, your opponent will do either one of em and you have to guess whether to stand or crouch

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Well he has Two different command grabs, one that ONLY hits standing opponents and one that ONLY hits crouching opponents. So after the blocked string, your opponent will do either one of em and you have to guess whether to stand or crouch
really? coulda swore he only had 1 command grab.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Was rewatching some of the videos that have come out recently. Kano is hella weak damage-wise compared to all the other characters. Everything about him looks really good except that his damage output is so small compared to everyone else shown.

I really hope this will be tweaked as the development continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.