What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

T33-Kahn

Waifu, Peacock, Cutie Patootie,...
@colt i have a question sir, is his choke move now command throw or is it still blockable like in mk9?

cyke_out

Noob
The knives he throws on Cybernetics are variation specific. Those knives and his lasers are specific. Those are the same knives he's tossing on the character select screen under his variation, and he wears them on the side as opposed to the bulky knives on his back in the other two variations. I'm guessing they replace the standard bulky knives and have some sort of better properties. Faster startup, better frames on block and hit, land mid instead of high, etc.

As far as the ball goes, it's more of a guess. I'd say that air ball is universal, and you have the option to input the low in Cybernetics, air ball only in cutthroat, and the option to input the tackle in commando. I can't imagine the 2nd hit automatically coming out of every ball. Straight ball might be a cutthroat move only since it's most similar to MK9 Kano and would be his extra move to keep him well rounded and also to make up for no attack option after a ball.

So I'd say his universals are air ball which are ended differently in each variation, and knives, which are different knives in Cybernetics.

NRS put some serious thought into Kano.
Based on the small sample size of gameplay footage I'm inclined to agree. However, it seems different from what we know of the other characters. Right now it seems like Kano has more differences across all three of his variations. It's possible this not true and he has the same basic universal moves, we just haven't seen them or other characters are just as diverse.

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
So from the thread about GamesCon, Cybernetic Kano is a good zoner. What variation do you guys find most interesting atm?

I$AAC

Noob
I wanna hear more about commando. Does he still have knives and upball with this stance? And are the true command grabs? (ie unblockable)

cyke_out

Noob
I'm curious to see what effects his self buff gives him in cut throat. Is it just more damage, armor, faster attacks , more hit stun or safer on block?

T33-Kahn

Waifu, Peacock, Cutie Patootie,...
tbh i want his 3 variations to be like this:
cutthroat: using his big knives, rushdown with a lot of mixups.
cybernetic: zoning.
commando: damage buff and command throw.
and some people on tym know that i always want each variation has different walkspeed, different dash,...
but it's nrs game, they can do what ever they want, as long as the game is balanced, i'm happy.

cyke_out

Noob
So info from kombat tether out of gamescon has Kano's universal moves as up ball, air ball, straight ball, and knife toss.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
So info from kombat tether out of gamescon has Kano's universal moves as up ball, air ball, straight ball, and knife toss.
Knife toss is a weird one to me.
I don't think Commando Kano really needs access to a projectile.

cyke_out

Noob
If Kano has all of his balls ( heh) and a projectile in commando stance, I don't really see a reason why I would ever want to use anything else.

Last edited:

I$AAC

Noob
If Kano has all of his balls ( heh) and a projectile in commando stance, I don't really a reason why I would ever want to use anything else.
This! I always said if Kano had a true command grab in mk9 he wouldn't have been so hopeless. It's like NRS granted my wish.

I wonder if he still has air throw

cyke_out

Noob
I also wonder if his air ball follow ups are stance specific. We saw a low sweep in cybernetic and what might be a mid tackle in commando. If he has post airball mix ups to help close the gap and set up his grapple game, I'll be so fucking happy.

Kzaoo

Noob
Am I the only one reminded of Dragunov from Tekken when it comes to the Commando variation?

Still, I'm actually really happy seeing that Kano looks like he could be pretty damn good. In MK9, I only still frequently Kano out of character loyalty, otherwise I would have moved onto Jax. It's a good feeling, thinking that it might not be an uphill climb for half of the match ups I play.

You don't know struggle until you've played the Kano/Kabal match.

Pronto

Montreal's reckoning
According to the Gamescon coverage, Kano's universal moves are:
- Air Ball
- Kano Ball
- Up Ball
- Blade Throw

I regret going commando today. My jeans are ruined.

I$AAC

Noob
All this talk about cybernetic and commando style, but I want to see how cutthroat style is and how his power up works. Does it give him armor? Does it do more damage? Does it do both?

Bane + Kano= Bano

Andromeda

I am Bard
As a person who has never cared for this character, never played as him (except for the bits in the Challenge Tower in 2011) this reveal is by far one of the best. (Although, he's not surpassing Sub-Zero because he's my all-time favorite no matter what)

With that said, I am going to have to get used to the other colors he's associated with in the other variations. But I think I am going to be using Cybernetic more than the other two, but it depends on which variation is better.

I dig the fatality, I dig the new look, heck I dig the fact that he puts the crystal thing or whatever it is inside his cybernetic heart. The details amazes me in this game.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
If you look at kanos commando variation animation, he duffs smoke in the face!

YAY!!!!

NVM its scorpion i got super excited lol

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Based on the small sample size of gameplay footage I'm inclined to agree. However, it seems different from what we know of the other characters. Right now it seems like Kano has more differences across all three of his variations. It's possible this not true and he has the same basic universal moves, we just haven't seen them or other characters are just as diverse.
Looks like we got our answer. We were both very close on the call!

Anyone got a picture of the cutthroat description like how Cybernetic and Commando have been posted?

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
All info from http://www.thekombattether.com/gamescom/mortal-kombat-x-impressions.html about Kano

"- Full Fatality: Kano unsheathes one of his knives and swiftly cuts into the opponent abdomen which causes intestines to spill out onto the ground. As the character begins to drop to their knees, Kano grabs them from behind and hoists them up in front of him as he proceeds to burn through their skull with his eye laser, leaving a huge, smouldering hole through their head.
- Universal moves across all three of his variations are: Kano Ball, Up Ball, Air Ball and Knife Throw.
- Kano Ball (horizontal) and Air Ball (downward diagonal) are performed with Back Forward A / X.
- Up Ball is performed with same command input as MK9.
- In his 'Cutthroat' variation, you can input a command where he will pound his heart implant which will increase his overall damage output for a limited time.
- in his mid-round victory pose, Kano will pummel his head with his fists multiple times whilst sniggering.
- The enhanced choke special (Commando variation) has Kano choking the opponent for a longer duration before finishing by lifting them by the throat and stabbing them multiple times with his knife.
- Victory Pose: Kano utters "Nothing personal mate" then begins to play with his knife before stopping to perform a 'ear to ear' motion on his neck. He then begins to casually shave his beard with the blade."

cyke_out

Noob
Just came here to post this.

So glad his ball inputs changed.

We still don't know if his command throws are unblockable,

Status
Not open for further replies.