What's new

Tech - Hellfire Hellfire Scorpion Armor Breaking Tech and a few more combo options.

Xzyj

Noob

It's sad to see scorpion forum dying, stay strong people, scorp is legit.

As you can see in the video we have pretty disgusting anti armor tech that works in that order:
- s1 into 214 is not very reliable due to first hit being high (can be poked out/ducked).
- s1 into b1 fbc is the best option to break armor(since it's MID attack and grants huge advantage on hit), but it works only on reversals that are about 11 frames startup or higher.
- s1~EX-spear works even on Kung Lao's Cyclone which is 7 frames startup, but EX-spear can be ducked and pocked out of after standing 1, even tho it's safe on block.

None of these work on Cassie's ex-nut punch (due to invulnerability) but that option adds a lot to scorpion traditional mindgames after restand - previous options was mixup/pressure/throw, now you can armor break on read too, and even if they haven't used armor you can continue your pressure after b1 fbc into more cancels or throw.

As for the 40% meterless corner combo, the only problem with it is that fireball is only 11frames advantage on hit, so you can't really mixup your opponent after that, but it's a good way to bait armor, or to check jumps with standing 1.

What do you guys think?

@Slips
@Scoot Magee
@JTB123
@YOMI MITYEAP
@Vagrant
@Eddy Wang
@STRYKIE
@Triplswing
@HeroesNZ

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I dunno about using EX spear in conjunction with the ticks but using the ticks as armor breaking utility is definitely something we've been slacking on in general. Good work here man.

QXD

Noob
I've actually been in the lab with Hellfire recently. I agree it sucks the forums have been dead lately. Good stuff man! you inspire me to keep labbing!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Good stuff, the setup is legit.

When we could do 2 flame auras in one combo, there was a knockdown setup to destroy wakeup as well.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Awesome thread, I'm afraid a little bit of it may have flown over my head - why would they ever try to armour immediately after a TP when it gaurantees a 214 FBC?

P.S. are you playing on HitBox? Your inputs are super smooth, I didn't see a single diagonal other than jump ins

Last edited:

Xzyj

Noob
Awesome thread, I'm afraid a little bit of it may have flown over my head - why would they ever try to armour immediately after a TP when it gaurantees a 214 FBC?

P.S. are you playing on HitBox? Your inputs are super smooth, I didn't see a single diagonal other than jump ins
I'm playing on PC with DS4 controller, thank you :)

I'm not using 214 much after tele lately(only if i want to build meter or if my opponent is in the corner), i love other options a lot more, usually i start off with trying delayed b3 to see if they try to fuzzyguard overhead attack, if they catch it a couple of times and then always block low, i start to mix it up with 1 into throw, or 1 into b1/b12 fbc into throw or another string, or low poke. When they defend all the time and they finally catched your d4 on block and try to punish you, it turns out it was D4-FA, and they got burned for another free combo, damn i love scorpion when i succesfully read my opponent :p

^Oh, and the whole point of that passage was - after you start using these options they might try to armor out of throw after tele or armor out after your 1 to punish your next pressure, that's when this anti armor setups starts to work

Also b1 is 21 frames advantage on hit, if you end with b1 after FA instead of tele, it may look really weird to them especially if you press block after that, like you did a mistake, and then go for a string they will usually catch it 1 or 2 times before realising how much advantage it grants (almost gives you guaranteed f4)

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

I'm playing on PC with DS4 controller, thank you :)

I'm not using 214 much after tele lately(only if i want to build meter or if my opponent is in the corner), i love other options a lot more, usually i start off with trying delayed b3 to see if they try to fuzzyguard overhead attack, if they catch it a couple of times and then always block low, i start to mix it up with 1 into throw, or 1 into b1/b12 fbc into throw or another string, or low poke. When they defend all the time and they finally catched your d4 on block and try to punish you, it turns out it was D4-FA, and they got burned for another free combo, damn i love scorpion when i succesfully read my opponent :p

^Oh, and the whole point of that passage was - after you start using these options they might try to armor out of throw after tele or armor out after your 1 to punish your next pressure, that's when this anti armor setups starts to work

Also b1 is 21 frames advantage on hit, if you end with b1 after FA instead of tele, it may look really weird to them especially if you press block after that, like you did a mistake, and then go for a string they will usually it 1 or 2 before realising how much advantage it grants (almost gives you guaranteed f4)
Ah I use stick and I forget that pad inputs are easier to avoid diagonals. Still crispy as hell tho.

But aren't all those options after TP also available just after a TP 214 FBC anyway? Sounds like your sacrificing serious chip and meter building for the ability to armor break on read with this, especially since it's all armor breaking with highs against anything faster than 11f, and anything else

Not saying I don't appreciate the labbing and the direction you are going with this (cheers for your hard work) but I'd be very interested to see some more practical stuff, like ending a combo in "combo, FA, [specific buttons]xxTP, 214 FBC [armor breaking tech here]" j

That last part is really cool tho that's some legit mind game haha. Also, nice combos as well mate.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Ah I use stick and I forget that pad inputs are easier to avoid diagonals. Still crispy as hell tho.

But aren't all those options after TP also available just after a TP 214 FBC anyway? Sounds like your sacrificing serious chip and meter building for the ability to armor break on read with this, especially since it's all armor breaking with highs against anything faster than 11f, and anything else

Not saying I don't appreciate the labbing and the direction you are going with this (cheers for your hard work) but I'd be very interested to see some more practical stuff, like ending a combo in "combo, FA, [specific buttons]xxTP, 214 FBC [armor breaking tech here]" j

That last part is really cool tho that's some legit mind game haha. Also, nice combos as well mate.
Since when do you use Stick?

Xzyj

Noob
All those options are available after 214 fbc but after your opponent sees that you end all your teles in 214 fbc they have a lot more options, for example they can catch your 4 in 214 and all your pressure is gone, backdash is a solid option too if you don't crossover jump on them after FBC, especially if you input your next 214 too early, they will wiff punish it very easily.

Not saying i don't like 214, but i like keeping my opponent guessing at all points of my pressure, sometimes i even stop my combo in the middle (like throwing them right after FA, or doing standing 1 into b3 fbc after spear). I think it's really important to check for all possible options you can get from your opponent mistakes or lazyness to block low during combo (like when you do crossup2 FA mid combo you can try to do crossup 1 with a little delay into b3 fbc = new combo if they are lazy to block low at that point)

So after some time they occasionally may panic and press buttons when they are not supposed to and catch your 214, or b1/b12.
And yes that standing 1 is kinda another mindgame, when they try to lowpoke after it, i just start using delayed b1 after tele or b1 right after standing 1, or even doing the whole 114 might do you good job.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Honestly, since I started playing Lao. The day my stick arrived he became my official main, bought it almost entirely for 112124. It's since proved its worth in FBC's and timing accuracy however :p
Lol, now you can pull all that shit i've been doing with Hat trick, also i forgot, i have a new glitch for ETC Mcfly.:p:p:p:DOGE

I GOT HANDS

PS. your corner combo can be improved just slightly

214xxFA 123xxTP 4xxChain JiP 21xxFBC 21xx Fireball does 40% without the jump in, 41% with it. 2% higher on both options. And 11 plus from fireball frames is all you need, guarantees 214 :p

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Good shit @Xzyj, these are some nice setups after a tele ender. After a 3 month break I might fire the game back up to try some of these out. Nice work!