What's new

General/Other - Tempest Hat armor glitch - exploitable?

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
No glitch it has 1 frame of start up armor. It loses to other armor after that 1 frame.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Have you guys ever gotten the armor to work on a raw EN Hat Shield? As far as I can figure it only gets armor when cancelled into from normals. I've tried it extensively.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
yEAH RIGHT anyone who doesn't notice every single one of all the extremely niche interactions of every character by now must be pretty terrible

D. R.

Noob
lol yeah i bet if they just found it they suck
I just found it trying to help a KL player. In all fairness it's a glitch and useless. Armor does not activate off the move alone but when it's cancelled. The way I found it initially was off hitting the tip of b1 and finishing the string (b12 xx ENdb1) just testing to see what strings are interrupt-able an hour after the most recent patch. Thought I was onto something but the spacing makes it far from reliable and why waste meter? You want people blocking EN Hat Spin, not getting hit by it. Use normal Hat Spin for combos. If someone finds an absolute way to make this viable, more power to you. I gave up.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
So it's not a bug, but rather a technical mechanic, like Scorpion's EX telepunch only having armor when used as a wakeup is that right?

D. R.

Noob
Agreed. Especially the guy who made the video in this thread.

Maybe one day we will all stop being terrible players and be even half as smart as @D. R.
Maybe, just maybe, right? :cool: Anyways, get your panties out a wad man, it was in jest towards KL mains, not you. You TYM guys man...

Anyways, this is the nonsense I found messing with him but none of it is foolproof so it's not really "groundbreaking" tech if you will, but it's there:

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I knew about this, but never really found a way to use it. If the hat had armour on start up raw itd be sweet.

This was the first thing I found in tempest after the patch, freaked out that he had what I thought was advantage armour, then was dissapponted after a few mins more testing :(

D. R.

Noob
Maybe we can use it to break armor on wakeup. Like a b3 into ex hat spin, like raiden does with his vicinity blast. Ill go test this.
Works, but isn't reliable as I've mentioned. Sometimes it works, sometimes you get blown the fuck up. I was using 4 xx EN Hat Spin. If you're looking to stuff and combo, may as well do big damage. Works off anything though when it does actually work.

If you wanna stuff wake up, why not just have a normal hat out and commit to a string or tele 3? The hat will take the hit and the string will start a combo. Idk, I don't really like wasting meter on gimmicks if a more viable option is available.