What's new

Question Has anyone found a way to make Rain's H20 boost, useful?

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
I found a small way, but it involves the use of 1 meter, and it only works if your opponent does a wake up. So I'm wondering if anyone else found a better way to use it.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
doubt it. only good time i would ever bother using H20 is right after a lightning hits. what's your trick?
After a RH, immediately do the boost and (here's where you need to use meter and need your opponent do a wake up.) then do the EN RH, and you would already have boost activated. If that wasn't too clear, I could record a vid so you can see it.

Too bad Rain doesn't have a move with properties like Cage's nut punch that leaves the enemy standing and open to block strings. Using it for guaranteed chip would be a use for it, but I don't see how Rain could get that.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Too bad Rain doesn't have a move with properties like Cage's nut punch that leaves the enemy standing and open to block strings. Using it for guaranteed chip would be a use for it, but I don't see how Rain could get that.
Here's the vid of me doing it.

As I said before, it'll only work if your opponent does a wake up. You can also do the EN Boost and go for big damage, or you can do Rain's bubble reset and go into more pressure.

LEGEND

YES!
doesn't EX Aqua boost have some kind of armor?

besides that the only way i have ever used it is to bait an attack then armor through it

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
After a RH, immediately do the boost and (here's where you need to use meter and need your opponent do a wake up.) then do the EN RH, and you would already have boost activated. If that wasn't too clear, I could record a vid so you can see it.
One thing that can be said for your setup is that it discourages wake-ups, which means your opponent will probably let you use RH cancel pressure after a combo without having to end with a bubble reset, meaning you can get higher damage combos and still follow up with pressure.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
doesn't EX Aqua boost have some kind of armor?

besides that the only way i have ever used it is to bait an attack then armor through it
Nah it doesn't have armor, I just tried it again just to make sure if it did or didn't. Also, I think when you do it, your opponent would be tempted to do a wake up since you're not able to block while you have the boost activated, and that's when the EN RH comes in.

cosmic eclipse

Khaotic clan
after any roundhouse or lightning i like to do the boost as fast as possible then smash them on wake up. its dangerous but that move is dangerous altogether. you can do the boost then bait out the wakeup and smash them if u want aswell.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Interesting find, but all i have to do is block and you are in my face with blocking disabled. Armored special here i come!

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Interesting find, but all i have to do is block and you are in my face with blocking disabled. Armored special here i come!
Yup, that's why it involves your opponent to do a wake up, but I think since the boost disables your blocking, your opponent will be tempted to do a wake up.