What's new

Harley's Trait - In-depth look and match-up guide.

serge

Noob
2U3 is very good vs Aquaman so ge cant stop your combo as easily with his trait.
It is less damage than a b22 combo but b22 combos don't do much when they are stopped before the ts1.

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
So it turns out that 1,1,2 isn't so great. As I posted in the other thread, I found that stances affect whether or not a bomb can hit on certain characters (floating characters and Hawkgirl it seems) after 1,1,2. So there's not a whole lot of reason to use it to set up a bomb if it's not always going to work. So far it seems that 2,u3 is a better option, but it's not infallible either and can be punished via invulnerability frames or a ranged wake-up after a tech roll. And since it's not untechable it takes away some of your control over the situation. I'll look into it further and see if I can find a better solution (3,3 is untechable, it's my next target for testing!).

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
112 also knocks the opponent away at different distances depending on if she did it at the end of a combo or just naked 112. her strings and trait bomb still need work.

Crashtag

Noob
It's good to see the tech being more viable since the patch. One thing I wanna bring up is when using the f2-3 combo you'd sacrifice your spacing for the trait and now the opponent has ground. But after the patch if you use the trait except for the slowest one (which is the dynamite I believe, could be wrong) you can buffer a silly slide and still cover ground. I've tested it against Lex's Corps Charge on wake up and was still able to block. Just a minor note.

serge

Noob
Yesterday I was playing around with b22, ts1, b3, j3, 114 and it was working great as everytime I got the bomb it was a free b3 + follow up (either j2, j2, 12PD or j3, 112 SS). Noone tech rolled on me but that might be because they missed it or they were just bad. One really good KF got a wake-up slide and didn't get launched by the bomb but took the damage. It happened once, every other time I got her. I can't verifie right now as I'm at work but I'll do it tonight if noone can before that.

Flower is free health and picture is good because you are in perfect range for a ji2 or TS.

zak123

XBL: Phish Head PSN: zak123
Does anyone know if bomb can blow up wakeups similar to how B22 can? I'm afraid to press trait after knocking down KF, Lex, or anyone with really fast wakeups.

KamkaziChicila

Harley & Zatana is all I need.
All we need now is a TNT buff. If TNT is selected you can choose the distance HArley throws it by holding back or forward. Give us this and she'll be perfectly fine imo

nightE89

Cupcakes!!!
Does anyone know if bomb can blow up wakeups similar to how B22 can? I'm afraid to press trait after knocking down KF, Lex, or anyone with really fast wakeups.
No due to wake up inv frames but if you due it at the end of a combo you'll be safe on block from the wakeup

nightE89

Cupcakes!!!
So it turns out that 1,1,2 isn't so great. As I posted in the other thread, I found that stances affect whether or not a bomb can hit on certain characters (floating characters and Hawkgirl it seems) after 1,1,2. So there's not a whole lot of reason to use it to set up a bomb if it's not always going to work. So far it seems that 2,u3 is a better option, but it's not infallible either and can be punished via invulnerability frames or a ranged wake-up after a tech roll. And since it's not untechable it takes away some of your control over the situation. I'll look into it further and see if I can find a better solution (3,3 is untechable, it's my next target for testing!).

What im using in mine is just finish the combo of whatever with F1xxtrait you still get the safe block and perfect setup for bomb.

cpmd4

KF's slide, Batman's grapple, Harley's tantrum stance are among wake-ups that will go through the bomb (at certain distances) for a huge combo punish. Things like Lex's Corps charge, Grundy's cleaver and Arrow's stinger will cause minor damage, but I don't think can be capitalized on.

There's also a few moves, like Black Adam's lightning cage that will go through invulnerability frames during the animation, but miss Harley and so you end on equal footing.

zak123

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
Updated for 1.05 changes.

TL DR: f2,3 xx 4 is only punishable by Superman with a tech roll and wake-up Super, and only if Harley gets a bomb. He still takes 15% damage so if he's using Super with low health to try to end your life bar, you could just end up killing him with it.

I've added some stuff about 1,1,2 xx 4, since it's easier to land on a knocked-up opponent and leaves them the perfect distance from Harley's bomb trait. The bomb sometimes whiffs on floating characters when in different stances, so that's a minor problem.
Post that in the bug thread.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
is there any difference between ending a corner combo with 112 ss and 112 12 ss? adding the 12 does 2% extra, but does it ruin the ss setup by letting them tech roll or leaving them on the ground longer?

nightE89

Cupcakes!!!
is there any difference between ending a corner combo with 112 ss and 112 12 ss? adding the 12 does 2% extra, but does it ruin the ss setup by letting them tech roll or leaving them on the ground longer?
IMO Ill say it may ruin the setup due to if there an intractable there they could prob easily punish with wake up that my guess

Backfire

Noob
just want to say im loving the resets from the TNT, this guide has helped me a lot ive been using b22, TS1, b3,j2,j2 11 4 (if TNT b3, j2,j2,11~PD) and its been doing loads of damage. only thing is that 11 4 is techable so i need to use a hard knock down.

what are harleys best options for a hard knockdown? 112 and f2,3 ?

cpmd4

just want to say im loving the resets from the TNT, this guide has helped me a lot ive been using b22, TS1, b3,j2,j2 11 4 (if TNT b3, j2,j2,11~PD) and its been doing loads of damage. only thing is that 11 4 is techable so i need to use a hard knock down.

what are harleys best options for a hard knockdown? 112 and f2,3 ?
f2,3 is not a hard knockdown. 3,3 is but it can't be cancelled into trait with the knockdown (it's 3 hits and cancels off the second hit, so the opponent is left standing and can punish you). 1,1,2 works as it leaves the opponent in TNT range. 2,u3 is also TNT range but is not a hard knockdown, but is slightly safer in situations involving an opponent's near-fully or fully-invincible wake-ups (Harley's tantrum stance, KF's slide can punish 1,1,2).

cpmd4

Backfire

Sorry, I suppose you mean a hard knockdown after full combo. After Harley's BnB the opponent gets knocked away much further than a combo like f3, j2, 1,1,2 x 4. So after the combo you posted the TNT won't reach after 1,1,2. It won't reach after 2,u3 either.

Backfire

Noob
Backfire

Sorry, I suppose you mean a hard knockdown after full combo. After Harley's BnB the opponent gets knocked away much further than a combo like f3, j2, 1,1,2 x 4. So after the combo you posted the TNT won't reach after 1,1,2. It won't reach after 2,u3 either.
Thanks. I'll mess around with that for a bit.